“Could Have Been Better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
Ranked #105 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
NewYork
“Could Have Been Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hotel using my Priority Club Points/ Cash option for a 6 night stay. It was a vacation / business trip that I went on with my family for a recent convention. Let me preface this by stating that I am a frequent business traveler and never had a problem with this hotel chain or any Holiday Inn. I am usually pretty happy with the room and service that is presented. Unfortunately this hotel did not meet my expectations that I come to expect from the Holiday Inn Family.
First the bad points – 1) For some reason our room was not vacuumed until I complained on the fourth day. 2) The day we slept in to “10:00” am, the hotel care takers slipped a note under my door that my room was not being serviced due to the “Do not Disturb sign on the door” I have never been in a hotel were 10:00 am was the deadline for cleaning a room. 3) Towels were a constant issue and there was one day we could not get towels until 7:00 pm. 4) One day when the room was cleaned, the caretaker “forgot” to clean the bathroom – not exactly sure why? 5) Unfortunately I had to perform some business on this trip. I had to print a PDF file that I needed, but the hotel's computer could not read PDF because they did not have Adobe. So I asked the person behind the desk to help me out, and his answer was "Sorry- can't print out files for clients" I guess they never expect anyone doing business at this hotel.
For the good points – 1) The hotel is located in a great spot, near Broadway at the Beach, and all other local attractions, and 2) When I did complain about the service, the hotel was quick to respond. My question is why it took a complaint to make this happen. Overall I would prefer not to stay at this hotel again, next time I may look for another Holiday Inn nearby or another hotel chain-which there are plenty of!

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was very clean and efficient. The location next to Broadway @ the Beach was fantastic, spent a lot of time there. It was a short drive to the beach which was great. My only complaint is that the staff could have been a little friendlier. The man who managed the complimentary breakfast was very rude to a number of guests. He obviously does not like his job and found any requests to be a nuisance. When I asked him about when the pancake machine would be back in order after being out of order all week long, he practically bit my head off. Another time I asked for towels for the pool and the front desk was not able to accommodate me. I then went to the room to get some towels for my family and was scolded by the front desk that the room towels were not to be used by the pool. I was little disappointed in the way that they treated their guests. I too am in customer service and would never make my guests feel unwelcome in any way. Other than those two instances, we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Rose394,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found our hotel clean and you liked our convenient location. My apologies for the unacceptable service you received from our staff. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Myrtle Beach you will give our hotel another try.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days & had a great time. The hotel itself was clean & comfortable. Very accomidating. Great location. Very close to so many attractions. I would definitley reccommend it for a family vacation or a couples getaway.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
columbus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Over all the hotel is nice, walking distance from broadway on the beach, you have to cross a busy road but still not a bad walk, Staff was great , My only complaint are the beds they are very uncomfortable my back is still recovery.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear buddeecolumbus,

Thank you for leaving a considerate review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your recent stay. It is always a great pleasure to read encouraging remarks from our valued guest like yourself that our hotel is nice and our staff are great. On the contrary, it is disappointing to read that the bed was not to your preference. We would like to apologize any inconvenience caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We were here from 7/8-7/11/12. Very easy check-in, rooms were standard and clean, pool was perfect for kids and never crowded, buffet breakfast was plentiful and good, and close to Broadway on the Beach attractions. Would definitely recommend friends and would come back ourselves.

• Stayed July 2012
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The kids and I stayed at this hotel for four nights and were very pleased with the property. The hotel is right next to the Broadway at the Beach entertainment complex and approximately 2 miles from the beach. We were in town for a competition at the convention center and that facility is also about 2 miles away - so convenient. The hotel itself was modern and very clean. The front desk staff was very attentive and gracious with dinner tips and recommendations. The housekeeping staff was always asking if we needed towels or other amenities. The pool was a good size and there were a good number of chaise lounges and a few tables with chairs of a modern wicker style. Breakfast had a large variety and was always fresh. Parking was plenty and the rate was very reasonable, especially since it was a holiday week. Fair warning, be sure to book in advance - there seemed to be a baseball tournament in town as well and people were being turned away for rooms. All in all it's a great place to stay when in Myrtle Beach, it's close enough to the action yet is a little quieter.

Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The lobby, exterior and dining area have been updated. The furnishings and linens in the rooms have been updated but you can still tell that this is an older property. It has seen some wear and tear. The bath tub is older and could use replacing. The bathroom itself is small but the double bed rooms is quite roomy. The carpet could use replacing. The room had a slight musty smell, but if you turn down the a/c some it helps. We were in room 207.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach? Share your experiences!