I recently stayed at this Hotel using my Priority Club Points/ Cash option for a 6 night stay. It was a vacation / business trip that I went on with my family for a recent convention. Let me preface this by stating that I am a frequent business traveler and never had a problem with this hotel chain or any Holiday Inn. I am usually pretty happy with the room and service that is presented. Unfortunately this hotel did not meet my expectations that I come to expect from the Holiday Inn Family.
First the bad points – 1) For some reason our room was not vacuumed until I complained on the fourth day. 2) The day we slept in to “10:00” am, the hotel care takers slipped a note under my door that my room was not being serviced due to the “Do not Disturb sign on the door” I have never been in a hotel were 10:00 am was the deadline for cleaning a room. 3) Towels were a constant issue and there was one day we could not get towels until 7:00 pm. 4) One day when the room was cleaned, the caretaker “forgot” to clean the bathroom – not exactly sure why? 5) Unfortunately I had to perform some business on this trip. I had to print a PDF file that I needed, but the hotel's computer could not read PDF because they did not have Adobe. So I asked the person behind the desk to help me out, and his answer was "Sorry- can't print out files for clients" I guess they never expect anyone doing business at this hotel.
For the good points – 1) The hotel is located in a great spot, near Broadway at the Beach, and all other local attractions, and 2) When I did complain about the service, the hotel was quick to respond. My question is why it took a complaint to make this happen. Overall I would prefer not to stay at this hotel again, next time I may look for another Holiday Inn nearby or another hotel chain-which there are plenty of!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Myrtle Beach - Voted Best Family Beach by Travel Magazine Broadway at the Beach Where Myrtle Beach Comes To Life The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Myrtle Beach, SC is located in the heart of Myrtle Beach adjacent to the most popular entertainment complex Broadway at the Beach. Known as South Carolina s Best Travel Destination, Broadway at the Beach is full of non-stop celebrations and invites you to experience 350 acres of shops, restaurants, nightlife and attractions. Our Holiday Inn Express Hotel is conveniently located on the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand. We are very close to the crisp blue waters of the Atlantic Oceanside, Myrtle Beach Downtown, Barefoot Landing, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, shopping malls, outlet malls, championship golf courses and entertainment theatres all within five miles. We are conveniently located adjacent to Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, and Myrtle Waves Water Park. Each morning, enjoy our Signature Express Start hot breakfast, offering the world's best tasting cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast Coffee made from a special blend of 100% Arabica beans. Feast and enjoy scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.