“Nice but little older hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., US Highway 501, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579 (Formerly Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #98 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clover, South Carolina, United States
“Nice but little older hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night before running a 5k race in MB, this was a older Holiday Inn that has been redone, not bad , a little dated, the only complaint that I had with the facility was they did not have 24 hr coffee. In room coffee makers just don't make that great coffee, before racing I have to have my coffee. So I had to settle for that this time. Great price for the room, nice and clean and very good sleeping bed! Prob will stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jderossc439, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We appreciate your stay with us! I'm not much of a coffee fan myself, but I do understand where you're coming from. I'll get with the Food and Beverage Department and see what we can work out for future stays.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion while golfing in Myrtle Beach.

It is an older property but is in pretty good shape. The lobby and common areas are very nicely done. They have an on site restaurant and bar and indoor/outdoor pools. The rooms facing the intracoastal waterway have nice views and small balconies.

My room was nice sized and very clean. No complaints at all. The AC worked well but, the room did feel a little damp.

The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient.

I hope that the area around the hotel rebounds. It is near the defunct Hard Rock theme park and the nearly abandoned Waccamaw factory outlet center.

The free breakfast was a bit better than expected and included eggs coked to order.

Check out the Boathouse Bar and Grill next door for some great wings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for giving us a review. We've notified our Maintenance Department in regards to the room feeling "damp" and they have made some improvements to our exhaust system so I'm pretty confident that they have resolved this issue.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your stay; the next time you are in our area again I hope you give us a call. Thanks!

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the staff was super friendly. The hotel restaurant deserves an A. The hotel location was very convenient. Everything was within a few minutes of driving distance. I will definitely refer others.

• Stayed August 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you guys were able to take advantage of our location to everything. We hope to be of service the next time you are in Myrtle Beach!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Room exactly as described. Tub was a too small for bathing, but in good repair. Beds were comfy, and room ink used a small balcony and 2 chairs. Breakfast had hot & cold items, a far higher qualtity than website description indicated. View from dining area and inlet facing side of hotel was exception. When back in town, this will be the first hotel I look at.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for the comments, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Myrtle Beach!

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I must compliment the Clarion Hotel group for having outstanding personal service. Your manager on duty, Judy Woodby, helped clear and solve some visiting issues pending with me, my wife, and some very close friends of ours who just moved to Surfside, South Carolina, which is located close to this particular Clarion Hotel. I hope the Clarion Hotel is proud of her; furthermore, I hope I can find the staff members at other Clarion Hotels equally like Ms. Woodby. Again, our compliments to the staff at the Clarion Hotel, at Myrtle Beach. Cordial and personable service is a key to repeat business, and the Clarion Hotel will have our primary consideration when we travel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the compliment. Judy has been a remarkable employee and asset and we are very proud of her. I'm very glad to hear she made your stay more enjoyable!

Flanders, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for four nights and it was quite an enjoyable experience. Room was OK, if a bit small. Lobby was very nice but the breakfast was outstanding. They even took orders for eggs. Plenty of everything a great variety. Service was very good. Downside is that it is a 20 minute drive to the beach, but it is very close to the outlet mall and the stock car track. We would definitely stay again. All rooms had a veranda.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the "back side" of the hotel, much better views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you! We appreciate you staying with us, our Food & Beverage Department have worked hard in trying to develop an outstanding breakfast each morning and I'm really glad to hear that you guys enjoyed it!

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I want to say that while I had a few issues nothing that either a wasnt fixed right away or b didnt matter and wasnt an issue to us. We got into myrtle beach after a 10 hours drive starting in the middle of the night. We figured no way would they let us check in but I figured why not ask it couldnt hurt to ask. I walked up to the front desk while the desk clerk was on a call taking a reservation but she let me know she knew I was there which was nice. The lobby was cool it was done nicely I want to state that the area around the hotel is mostly industrial they had at one time what appeared to be a mall which know only has a few stores left, a amusement park which is no longer working but I never once felt uncomfortable or uneasy. We always where able to find a parking spot the hotel has a pool indoor/outdoor, a nice few of the international waterway, an breakfast which we never ate but it look like it would be good to get most people started. Everyone we encountered on staff bent over backwards to make us feel comfortable and taken care of. We had a room on the fifth floor with a few of the parking lot and my only issues where a the door to the balcony was broken so there was no way to use it if we had wanted to as it was we didnt. The last night the elevotor near our room was broken causing us to have to walk to the other end of the building again no big deal we could use the exercise another issue the room is huge not the problem the problem is with a room that big the amount of plugs to charge stuff and things like that we didnt have enough for two people I couldnt image that with more than two people youd have enough. If you had four cellphones all needing charged youd be out of luck seeing how they had three empty plugs and that includes one in the bathroom. But seeing as that was my only issue and problem Im giving this hotel five stars and if we ever go back this will be the hotel I stay at. I also noticed that you could either have the room really cold or really hot because the ac would cut off after an hour on low ac again not an issue for us because I like the room to be the tempture of an igloo but might be for someone who wants the room to be comfortable

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your stay with us! The issues regarding your door and the elevator were forwarded over to our Maintenance Department and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We hope that we can be of service the next time you are in our area!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!