You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach at 48th Avenue to your Saves list
Ranked #55 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

When we first got to Myrtle Beach, I thought we were far from the beach, but we weren't. The 6 minute walk to the beach was great! They had free public parking at the beach. You have to get there early. The hotel was very nice and close to the boardwalk. I'm definitely going back to this hotel!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Midlothian, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were there on June 28th arriving at 10 am. The front lobby was a mad house. They were over booked and the breakfast area looked like a kids birthday party gone wild. This is an economical hotel with the basics. It is not for couples or business people. I had a pretty wild night so I did not make breakfast, but my wife said the waffles were nice. She did have to stand in line for 10 minutes though.

I used points so my night was basically free- after a small fee.

If you want a nice peaceful visit during high season go somewhere else.

Room Tip: A/C always seems to cut off during the night. That has been our luck at several hotels.You might wan...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Was closing on an oceanfront condo on Wednesday. Arrived on Tuesday and needed a room for one night. Dog across the hall barked constantly. Our room, even though it had been cleaned, the smell of dog/s remained. Sneezed all night. The smell was worse than a room that a smoker occupied. A friend later informed me that LaQuinta Motels are pet friendly and that the smell was typical of their rooms. From here on out I will inquire if a hotel/motel is pet friendly before I make a reservation. Overall rating 1! Only thing fair about this hotel was that it was close to the condo that I purchased.

• Stayed June 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

the employees were great. especially the lady that did breakfast. the problem i had was the room itself! the wheelchair had to be squeezed between the bed and dresser! the bathroom door was hung backwards!! i had to roll the wheelchair tight against the entry door with my wife's feet pressed against it in order to get the bath door open!! whomever recieves this should try this in room 209! agreeably though my wheelchair is extra wide so that would allow for the space needed. it was hot weather outside and it was hot in the am at breakfast area also. we ate at differ times too. one am was 830 and one am was 630. i am old but i thought the room was a little pricy for what we got. i have had much better for much less. but it has been years since i have had to pay for a room also. thanks. irvin sapp

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Connersville, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I called the number listed for the hotel and it transferred me to the call center reservations. "Andrew" took my info made me a reservation for $180 a night. We show up at the hotel and the smell hits you as soon as you walk in the door. It is a nasty dog smell/filth. Words cannot describe. I own a dog who lives in our home. I'm not overly sensitive. I walk to the desk and ask the woman if they have a pet policy. I did not see any dogs, but could smell them. She informs me they are pet friendly. She goes to pull up my reservation and nothing. I call the number back and they too have nothing. I never received my confirmation email and never thought about nor did he mention writing down a confirmation number (lesson learned). I personally talked to the manager and staff present on the property. They were super nice people and offered me a room, but after all the shadiness of someone taking my info and not actually reserving me a room and
overwhelming dog nasty smell
I kindly declined. I have been assured my credit card
will not be charged. I moved on to a Hampton Inn in North Myrtle Beach and it was much better. They probably know exactly who I am because I spent 30 minutes at the desk. The call center could not give me the name or phone number of any manager there and there was nothing the staff in the building could do about it. Again the staff physically working in the building were nice, but the shadiness of the call center leaves a lot to be desired as does the smell and cleanliness of the hotel. I have never ever written one of these, but due to the circumstances I felt I needed to make others aware of what they were getting into at $180 a night.

• Stayed June 2014
north carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

we called & e mail la quinta .That we want early ck in..travelling 5 hours non stop on our motorcycles , the gold membership..we had to pay > 110.00 $/ night. We were promised our room will be ready at 1 :15 pm for sure..so we had lunch waited aat restaurant then arrived @ 1 :15 pm.taff think that it was our fault for believing in their word.. we waited in the lobby exausted for 1:40 hours..finally ck in @ 2 :55 pm Lobby was dirty, noisy, & it smelled..trash was on the floor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Staff went over and above to be helpful. Room was a nice room. Breakfast was very good with a variety of foods. Coffee was provided and was very good. Appreciated having a small refrigerator in my room as it saved us from having to buy ice frequently.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach at 48th Avenue? Share your experiences!