“Tacky, unsafe, and terrible!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #138 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Tacky, unsafe, and terrible!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

First let me start off with how the service here is unprofessional. when I first came to check in staff was unfriendly, no hello how can I help you but they did mention to hide all valuables in car because cars get broken into.. The place smells like urine and maintenance on this property is the WORST!!! when you walk into the room its a whole other story.... This place looks cheap no iron in rooms because people steal them. Patches on walls, spider webs on ceilings. This Days Inn is a DISGRACE!!! The only thing good about this place is location,its close to everything. I been to other locations and its been better then this but this has left a bad taste so I WOULD NEVER CHECK IN A DAYS INN EVER!!!

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Guilford, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

i booked a room here through my mothers time share.My son and I were there for 5 nights for his college orientation. The room was clean but pretty run down. No remote for TV. The door wouldn't seal tightly, the A/c was not even close to keeping up. I am pretty sure their was a family living in the room next to us. We were stuck way in the back of the building. It was only 99.00 a night so I didn't complain too much. I took a drive down the beach and found signs everywhere for ocean front rooms for 79.00! ended up moving to a beachfront room with kitchen for 99.00 per night.
I gladly paid the 2 nights we stayed and asked for a credit for the other 3 I had booked. They would only credit me 2 nights, so that screwed me out of a a hundred bucks for the third night even though they had the room filled that afternoon when I came back to check out! Lots of better rooms on the ocean for the same cost. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Lots of better rooms for the same money. Look around. beach front rooms everywhere.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Here is what I sent as a complaint email to Days Inn online regarding this motel. I just copied and pasted:

Where do I begin? I would love to be able to submit photos of the room we were in, but I don't see a way to do so. I will just do that on a review website instead. Anyway, now that I just arrived home from my 2 night stay at this hotel, I have made my son imeediately take a long bath and the 1st thing I did was shower the residue of filth off. I am also washing every piece of clothing, worn or not, to try to rid my home of the disgust of this motel. Upon arrival to the hotel check-in was ok as expected per level of service that a Days Inn would offer, (Mickey was kind enough to ignore all phone calls while helping customers in the office). When walking ino the room, the 1st thing I noticed was the constant driping of water from the ceiling by the window. The 2nd thing that happened was my young child being locked into the bathroom for 15 minutes before we could get him out. The doorknob was broken and would lock you in the bathroom if you shut the door, so after it happened again, all 5 of us learned that we had to use the restroom with the door open. The dingy bedcovers were then stripped down to the sheets because I refused to let anyone in my family sit on these dirty unwashed bedspreads or blankets. I also went and bought 5 towels and 5 washcloths 2 days in a row because I could not allow my children or ourselves to touch the caramel colored linens that are supposed to be white towels. However, the one thing I cannot complain about are the sheets. They seemed clean and were white, maybe a fresh order came in the day before, who knows? I have a photo of the dirt and filth in the bathroom, and best of all, I ahve a photo of the 2-3 inch gap under our door caused from rotting or corrosion. A small CAT could have fit under our door! This is not noticeable from the outside because they have placed metal plates at the bottom of the door. This would have helped fill the gap had it not been pried open by someone attempting to brek in to the room in the past years.. or whatever else the scenario may be. I could not eloquently capture a photo of the famiy who LIVES on the first floor and has the room decorated like a Margarita bar with women resembling prostitutes in and out. This whole places reaks of rotting trash and I had to hold my nose going up and down the 3 story staircase (becuase of course there is no elevator). Why didn't I complain in person you ask? Because there was no point. This whole place is horrible. Most of the problems were maintenance issues that would have long been fixed had the management cared one bit. When we called to ask for an iron, no one would answer th phone for about 30 minutes so we just went and got one. The same night (our first night) I called to inquire about leaving early and I never could get an answer from the front desk. This place simply does not employ the calibur of people who understand that guests pay thier bills, they see us as a nuisance. Why would I want to talk to anyone there about my experience? Hopefully, as a franchise, someone cares and will reprimand the ownership or management of this motel immediately. I mean seriously, this place is so bad I gagged several times for no reason.. and I wouldnt eat or drink anything confined in the room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I just returned from my vacation and I stayed at this hotel. Mickey the front desk manager was very helpful and friendly. The housekeeping staff was also very friendly and the room was very clean. I will stay at this hotel again and I would recommed it to others.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Taylors, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! My friend got a room for 2 people Friday to Monday. So when my fiance and I decided to go with them we thought we may have to pay an extra person fee. So we get there after traveling 4 hours and find out that's it's $20 a person for each night. The lady at the front desk was EXTREMELY rude about the whole matter. I am 6 months pregnant and also 24 years old, and had no clue it was senior week there. The lady said it was senior week, and I told my friend that wasn't a very good time to stay at the beach. The lady looks at me and says"Don't act like you didn't know it was senior week!" What? I just stood there in shock. Then she explains in a VERY rude voice when quiet hours are and when the pool closes, and there's is to be no loudness. My friend said, "Well, she's pregnant so she can't do a lot. " And we started laughing. The lady says,"well, I'm not the one that got you that way." She also made my friend pay an extra $40 for a night my fiance and I did not say. We left Monday, and I assure you will never stay in this hotel again. The hotel was also not very clean and maid service was bad. I definitely DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. The bathroom also had mold all on the ceiling and it looked like it was going to cave in.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was an excellant stay. The service was great for a large party. The staff, worked great around our needs and was very helpful in all areas. Thank you guys. Pastor J

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We just got home from our weekend away and I am exhausted from lack of sleep. The hotel staff was very nice but the hotel is definitely one of the older ones at the beach. I don't understand why they insist that 2 adults sleep on a full-size bed. Not only was the bed too small, they were probably the original beds from back when the hotel was built. The bathroom was fine, again a bit run-down; the a/c worked fine; the pool was very nice and we were across the street from the beach. If you are looking for inexpensive and you are the type of person that can sleep anywhere, anytime, under any circumstance, then you'll be fine. If you are looking for a good night's sleep, look somewhere else. One other thing: they ran out of conditioner and didn't provide replacements and the cleaning staff basically just made the beds - our toiletries were moved around but the bathroom didn't look like it had actually been cleaned, just sort of straightened up.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Grand Strand? Share your experiences!