“This is a great place to stay !” 4 of 5 stars

1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Announcement
Valentines Day Special
Ranked #37 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“This is a great place to stay !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We´re going to this hotel since 1994, This hotel is clean and very nice, the owner Julie and her staff are very nice! we are from Montreal and we have some friends that goes also to this hotel for a long time. We did recommend this hotel to few peoples and all of them did appreciat their stay at the Gazebo. I'm very surprise to read the negative comments.
When we arrived there we always feel at home ! And no I am not the owner to write this ! :)
Francine

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for the lovely review Francine! It is always a pleasure having you with us, and it is so wonderful to hear that you still enjoy staying with us as much as you do. That is fantastic. We are very fortunate to have so many repeat guests that choose to stay with us each and every year and we are so happy to know that you plan on continuing the same tradition.

Thank you so much for your business. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you all again very soon.

Julie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Proctorville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

This was a great place to stay without spending a fortune. The hotel was old but very well kept up and very clean. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a no frills vacation to myrtle beach on a budget. The staff was very friendly and there to make your stay more enjoyable.

Will definitely go back my next trip.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2014
Thank you so much for the fabulous review! I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself here as much as you did, and that you would choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area. That is fantastic! Repeat business is so very important in this industry, and I am very thankful to hear that we seem to have earned yours. We greatly appreciate your patronage, and we are most definitely looking forward to seeing you all again.

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

This place was a great find with great rates! The place could use some updating but for the price you can't beat it, everything was clean my only complaint was we had a effiency and we went to make cinnamon rolls and well there wasn't anything we could use in the oven there was skillets and everything else but that but other than that we had a great time staying at the Gazebo Inn and we will be back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
"Simple and sweet"....what a wonderful compliment! Thank you so much. I am thrilled that you found the Gazebo Inn to be such a terrific little hidden gem, and that you would definitely stay with us again the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area. That is fantastic! It is always nice when our guests appreciate the type of accommodations and vacation experience that we are trying to offer here. It is true, we are a bit outdated, however as you graciously described we are very clean and well maintained and of course are rates are exceptionally low. I also appreciate your suggestion of adding baking pans to our efficiency units. One of the biggest challenges that we have to tackle each and every year is how to offer our guests as much as we possibly can while at the same time keeping our rates as low as they are. We tried to add bake ware to our kitchens awhile back, but unfortunately we found that it was simply too costly. Perhaps what we could do would be to have a few sets available in housekeeping that guests can sign out and use during their stay rather than supply them to each and every unit. I will look into that a bit more based upon your suggestion.

In closing I would like to once again thank you for your business. We greatly appreciate it, and we are most definitely looking forward to seeing you again the next time you return to the Myrtle Beach area. Until then.......

Burlington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

My husband and I just recently returned home from our 5th stay in 3 years at the Gazebo Inn. Needless to say, we love this place! Julie & the housekeeping staff are the best! (Julie even recognized me when we walked in the office to check in! You won't find THAT anywhere else) And there have been numerous improvements just in the time we've been frequenting it. It's nice to have that "personal" feel that you just won't have at one of those overpriced resorts! Don't let the negative nellies scare you away. Some people want a 5 star establishment, while paying for a small, simple, clean hotel room. You can't please everybody, even though from what I've seen, they sure do try at the Gazebo.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for all of the fabulous compliments! It is always so much fun seeing our regular guests return to the Gazebo year after year. It truly makes the place feel like a family beach house, and honestly it is what makes the business an enjoyable one. I am also pleased to hear that you liked the improvements that we have been working on. We have more things planned for our winter projects so stay tuned.

In closing I would like to thank you once again for your business. There is nothing better than having loyal guests like yourselves that truly appreciate the little "Mom & Pop" kind of place that we have here, and we are most definitely looking forward to seeing you once again the next time you are at the beach!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014 via mobile

I had not been to Myrtle Beach since 1995 and was uncertain about this motel but I needed a place that would occupy my family at an affordable rate, so I called and made reservations with Julie. She made the reservation very simple and pleasant! I was so excited and couldn't wait for my vacation to come, yet was nervous about the motel since I hadn't seen it in person, so I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best! On arrival the gentleman was very pleasant and everything seemed as they did in the photos. We had a room on the 1st floor so he informed us about the parking on the lower deck. I don't care much for the parking deck cause it is very tight! And I'm a little closter phobic but we managed to park and head to our room. Our room was very nice! It included a small fridge and stove. Everything I needed was there to be able to cook while there. (Even though I brought things from home to cook in) our bathroom was very clean and the room was also. Our room was pool side and ocean front too! We had a beautiful view. Levels above us I'm sure had better views but we were very happy with what we had. In the evenings we could sit out on our deck and listen to the ocean but a benefit to being on the bottom was you could walk straight out your room and straight to the beach and back without disturbing other guest! Loved this added benefit! We stayed 5 nights and we did not want to leave! Our visit was very pleasant! We never had any issues with anything! I will be returning next year and hope to make this mom and pop motel a tradition for me and my family! Great place to stay when your on a budget!

• Stayed August 2014
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2014
"Excellent Place To Stay".......it just doesn't get any better than that! Thank you! You know I have a lot of guests tell me that they booked because of the excellent reviews, however they were still a bit nervous about what they would actually find when they got here mainly because our rates are so low. I am so happy to hear that you were not disappointed with what our little Mom and Pop place had to offer once you checked in. That is fantastic! I also appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay with us. You really gave an excellent account of what one can honestly expect if they choose to stay with us.

In closing I would like to once again thank you for your patronage. We truly value your business, and we are most definitely looking forward to your next visit!

Ashland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

There is not enough good things that I can say about the Gazebo Inn, we had the best stay ever wonderful staff very friendly and helpful the Housekeepers were outstanding our rooms were always clean and cleaned well everyday the girls were always friendly, the view was just outstanding we could set on the balcony and watch the ocean it was great and the pool also was very well taken care of our rooms were awesome, Thanks to all our friends at the Gazebo Inn for making our vacation a really great time we will see u next time!!!!

Room Tip: ocean front rooms great view!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Gazebo Inn as much as you did! That is fantastic! Our success depends greatly on creating good relationships with our guests and I am thrilled to hear that we seemed to have succeeded in that regard with you. We truly appreciate your business, and we sincerely hope that you will chose to stay with us again the next time you visit the beach. We certainly look forward to seeing you then~

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

I decided to book a week long stay at the Gazebo Inn due to the positive reviews I had read online. Well let me tell you, the owners must get on there and write them themselves! Upon pulling onto the lot I knew I had made a mistake! This hotel is so pitiful and outdated! When I walked into the lobby it literally smelled like stale cigarettes and was absolutely filthy. I decided I would give the rooms a chance before I jumped to conclusions. BAD IDEA!

Upon entering the room, I was about to bust from traveling such a long distance. I went into the bathroom and immediately noticed that the toilet seat was COVERED in urine! My wife went to notify the lady at the front desk and she came to clean it off. Once again, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I continued inspecting the room and I saw what appeared to be blood stains all over the bed sheets; underneath the bed I discovered potato chip crumbs and just pure filth! There was a random index card on the floor, the exterior light and window had mold caked on them, there was a missing handle on the drawer, the bathtub was filthy, and there were stains on the walls. The room literally looked like it had not been updated since the 1960s.

My wife and I had went to the grocery to buy lunch meat prior to checking in. While inspecting the room we placed our items (still in the grocery bags because we were afraid of germs) into the fridge. An hour later I checked on the items to see if they had gotten cold. Low and behold the outlet to the fridge was literally hanging from the wall with exposed wires. Our food was hot and ruined!

This was the last straw and I summoned the front desk; the woman I initially spoke to about the urine had left and a man had taken her spot. He came to our room and I informed him of the problem. Right out of the gate he was extremely rude and defensive. He actually told me that it was my fault because I had placed too many items in the fridge and it wasn't able to cool all of it at once. I told him I had never heard that excuse before in my life and then proceeded to show him the outlet. He then looked at me and said: "What do you want me to do?! Buy you another pack of bologna?!" I then requested to speak to a MANAGER...this rude individual I was talking to actually owned the hotel!!! I told him I had NEVER met an owner of a hotel who did not want to please their guests. I told him I wanted my money back for the room and he refused. I told him I was a police officer from Kentucky and that what he was doing was not legal. He then proceeded to say (I kid you not): "Whatever!" Threw my groceries onto the dirty floor and walked out. I threatened to call the Myrtle Beach Police on him and he finally agreed to refund me my money; not for that particular night, but for the remaining 6 days.

Unfortunately, I had to sleep in filth for one night; simply because I couldn't afford to be out the money for another hotel room. The owners of this hotel are ridiculous and absolutely ruined my first night of vacation. I was so looking forward to a good time and what I got was a nightmare! Do not listen to the positive reviews! I forgot to mention that they claim their rooms are non-smoking...I saw multiple people smoking in the hallways and around the pool area. The pool area was VERY dirty as well; the water was green and I saw hairs and bugs floating around. Listen to my review, you will save yourself a lot of trouble. Be sure to read the owners response to this and other reviews...I'm sure it'll be pleasant!

I have posted photographic evidence from my stay! Please look at the pictures and see that this place is a disgrace. I will not go back to Myrtle Beach ever again after the experience I had at the Gazebo Inn!

• Stayed July 2014
It is too bad that you found it necessary to write such an unfair review regarding your very limited stay with us. I have no idea what would prompt you to write such a distorted version of what happened, and quite frankly I do not know why you would wait so long to write the review if in fact your experience was truly the way you have described it here (you checked in on Friday, August 1st). Be that as it may, here is our side of the story.

First and foremost let me say that I totally understand that not everyone is going to be happy with the cozy little "Mom and Pop" kind of place that we offer here. I do however feel that the Gazebo Inn is represented as she truly is in all of our advertisements and websites; which is a clean, quiet, low priced, no frills kind of family friendly place. Some people might find our rooms to be "dated" as you did, but most of our guests consider them to be nostalgically "quaint" and actually find them to be part of the charm of staying here with us. For the most part our guests know exactly what to expect when they arrive, and they are very happy with the place and the friendly service that they receive when they do. Let me also say here that I don't know where you dug up some of these pictures, however my guess is that they are older photos that were taken prior to us taking the hotel back over and doing a lot of work in 2011.

With that said unfortunately occasionally we do have guests that despite our extremely discounted rates and efforts to advertise our property truthfully still check-in expecting everything that a full service, much higher priced modern resort would offer. When that happens, we always give that guest the option of a full refund so that they are able to seek accommodations that better meet their needs and expectations. You were offered such a refund when you voiced your dissatisfaction and stated that we were "not what you expected", however you declined the refund when it was initially offered to you shortly after check-in.

Instead you choose to rip the room apart, literally. You never complained about the beds even though you stripped them right down to the mattresses, nor did you complain about urine on the toilet seat. You did however complain about the fridge not cooling. When we came to your room to check the fridge, we found that is was over packed to include drinks that were still in the 6 pack boxes. We explained that the small mini fridges could not property cool with that much stuff in them, and that you should take out some of the drinks and replace them as needed. As far as I know the fridge worked fine after that because we never heard anything else from you about it. Again, let me say here that you still declined the offer of a full refund. I can tell you that if I checked into a room that had blood on the sheets, food on the floor, and urine on the toilet as you claim, I absolutely would have taken the refund that was offered to me and checked-out.

In the morning you did in fact ask for the refund that you had been offered the night before, which I promptly gave you. You credit card was credited in full for the remaining portion of your stay and your checked out. You once again stated that we were just not the kind of establishment that you were use to staying in, and that you had secured another reservation at a property that offered the amenities and services that you were looking for. You thanked me for the refund and seemed satisfied when you left. Apparently that was not the case, and for whatever reason almost 2 months later you have chosen to write this very bizarre review. Let me also say here that if your were not offered a full refund the night before, but were instead "forced" to stay with us as you claimed, why would we then turn around and give you a full refund the following morning? It just doesn't make sense and we have the credit card statement to prove it.

I would also like to briefly address some of the other comments that you made, most importantly regarding the overall cleanliness of the property. As clearly noted in the numerous positive reviews, the hotel is in fact very clean and well maintained. The pool is absolutely not green and full of bugs and nasty cigarette butts, and in fact as so noted in many other reviews it is instead very clean and was refurbished just this past winter. It is considered by most to be our best amenity, with many of our guest spending a great deal of time on our ocean front deck enjoying it while they are here. Furthermore, the hotel is in fact NON-SMOKING, however guests are still allowed to smoke on their balconies, or any place outside of the building. ALL of our office staff members are NON-SMOKERS, therefore the office most certainly does not smell like smoke, and we absolutely do not allow anyone to smoke in the rooms or in the interior hallways. That is not to say that occasionally someone will smoke where they are not supposed to, however when that happens that guest is charged a fee to treat the smoke (if in a room), and of course they are asked to leave if they do not want to follow the non-smoking policies of the Inn.

Last but not least , Trip Advisor takes great pride in the integrity of this site. They have security measures in place that prohibit reviews from local IP addresses and they also have a limit on the number of postings any member is allowed to post for any one business. Rest assured that all of the reviews have in fact been posted by guests of the Gazebo Inn not the owners, and they certainly would not be primarily positive if we kept the property in the condition that you claim to have found it in or if we treated our guests the way that you claim to have been treated.

In closing I hope that you were able to find accommodations that you were both more comfortable with, although the fact that you say that you will never again return to Myrtle Beach because of your experience with us makes me wonder if anyone in town was able to make you happy. I truly hope that you have better luck wherever you decide to travel to on your next trip.

Regards,
Julie

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!