“Great family oriented location” 5 of 5 stars

Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #33 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Spartanburg
“Great family oriented location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I have stayed at the Gazebo Inn for the past several years and love it. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. As a single parent I really appreciate the value and the family friendly atmosphere. If it weren't for the great room rates, I may not be able to afford a yearly vacation for my daughter and myself. We look forward to the beach and the Gazebo all year long. It may not be the shiniest jewel on the strip, but it is a gem nonetheless! I'll be making my reservation for this summer soon!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I LOVE IT! What a perfect way to describe us! I am so happy that you and your daughter found our little gem, and that it has since become your favorite place to stay when visiting Myrtle Beach. Like you said, we are not a fancy place, however my family and I work hard to offer clean rooms at very low rates in a family friendly environment where our guests can feel safe and comfortable. Repeat business is so important to us, so I am excited to hear that you and your daughter plan to vacation with us again this summer. By the way we have done quite a bit of work around the hotel this year to include some remodeling in the rooms, a new elevator, and resurfacing the pool and hot tub. We can't wait for you to see it all. Again many thanks for your valued and loyal patronage ~

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Comfortable accommodations and convenient location. Friendly and helpful management. Oceanfront 5th floor room was fantastic! Nice size rooms and balconies. Can get adjoining rooms when traveling with groups. Will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Clean and Affordable, that's our goal! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with other travelers, and most importantly thank you for your business. We truly appreciate it and we hope to have you as our guests once again the next time you visit the Myrtle Beach area. Until then....

Julie & Family ~
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

While this facility is older, the rooms are clean, very comfy beds. I brought my son and a friend along for 3 days. Love that we had an efficiency oceanfront to save some $$ on food. Friendly, efficient staff. Great rates and great rooms...I will not be staying anywhere else...

Stayed June 2013
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! It is always nice to hear from folks that have enjoyed their time with us as much as you and your family did, and of course we LOVE to hear that you plan on making the Gazebo Inn your vacation spot for all future trips to the Beach. Building repeat business is definitely one of the most enjoyable and rewarding aspects of running a small "Mom and Pop" property, It's great to know that we achieved that goal with you. We genuinely appreciate your business, and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again, hopefully in the very near future ~

Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My fiance and I had a lovely vacation last August in Myrtle Beach. We are young and poor (lol, college life) so we found the cheapest/safest place we could. Unfortunately the place we did stay was musty and we had to drive about 10 minutes to the beach. We decided to check out a few places before we went back home to Indiana for our future vacation and we stopped by Gazebo Inn because of the prices we found online. The woman at the desk gladly let us take a look at two rooms and we fell in love with the ocean front room that had the king sized bed. Walking into the room was a breath of fresh air compared to the place we had stayed! This place was older, but it was not smelly or dirty at all. We also noticed how well their air conditioning worked :) Though I have not stayed here yet, I have to say that my mini visit met my expectations. My future hubby and I will definitely be staying here next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience when you stopped by to check out our little Inn. As you mentioned in your review, we are a "Mom and Pop" hotel that offers clean and quiet rooms for a very reasonable rate. We are a family owned and operated property that has been in business since 1972. Our goal is to offer our guests a pleasant vacation experience without breaking the bank. I am pleased to know that you found us to be an excellent option for your future vacation plans in the Myrtle Beach area. We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in Myrtle Beach!

Best Regards,
Lancaster, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed one night in an oceanfront room at the Gazebo Inn in Myrtle Beach. It was what we expected for the low price we paid...pretty standard older hotel that was clean but in need of a facelift. The room was very large and had a pretty comfortable bed. There was a small frigde and microwave in the room as well as a table and chairs. The room also had two comfy armchairs to sit in while watching tv. An average size balcony with two chairs and an awesome view was the best part of all!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are nothing fancy, however are rooms are very clean and are rates are extremely low. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area.

Best,
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We came here and it was a fast and easy process to get a room. Ocean view on the 5th floor was awesome. I caught a picture of the eclipse that next morning November 3 2013. I could suggest to somebody that if you're planning to stay at a awesome place; next to a variety of things, then this is the place to stay. You have golf cart rentals as well as mopeds that looks like a car that can be rented 6 blocks down south ocean blvd.. You have hot tubs in range as well as pools. We came in there and an older guy welcomed us there and gave us our card and we were off to our room. I've learnt you can't hold an electronic device next to this card for your room because it will "deactivate" the card and you wouldn't be able to get back in your room so that's why they give you two of them. Make sure you bring you some food and snacks to put in the refrigerator as well to save you from finding a vending machine. Out of all, this place is well established, clean, comfortable, soothing ocean views, laid back atmosphere, genuine, and worth it. Thanks and everybody have a great evening.. And thanks to the older guy that helped us at the desk.

Room Tip: Pick out the ocean view on the 5th floor on down to the 3rd floor. Great sunshine so bring sunshades...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for Jerry and Mary for such a wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed our little place so much and that you plan on staying with us the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area. I also appreciate you mentioning how helpful you found JD to be when you came to rent your room. He is a good guy and a retired veteran and I feel he was treated badly on a couple of these reviews. We truly value your business and we are looking forward to having you both as our guests the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area.

Take care and ENJOY your Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays if we don't see you before then.

Best,
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We came in on Thursday Oct 31, walked in said our greetings to Julie and she was getting our favorite room ready to go!!! I think we were the only ones on the 5th floor but we love room 1515!!! It is at the end on the top floor so there is only someone on one side of you. The room has a King bed, new chairs. Large and clean. Private balcony, great view!!!! Of course it is not perfect, it is a older property, as a matter of fact my mother told me she stayed there for her honeymoon in 1980!!!! But we did not see mold like we saw at the mammoth Crown Reef either!!!!! The family has been working and working on this little place since they had to take it back from the other buyers so yes it is a work in progress.
I read the other review that said such bad things.. but I wish in my job I could be backed up by employers.. I have been treated like Ca Ca and no one at my job backs up the employee when they are being treated badly. I Really like the idea that Is someone is acting like a jerk they will be shown the door , Quickly!!!!
The guests seem to be older and not so many kids, so it is more quiet. They do not have a huge pool complex which suits me fine. My child is grown so my Sea Mist days are over with the multitude of pools and water parks!!!
We have thought of going somewhere else but always come back here... the ease of getting to your room because your car can be parked right there at the building, the comfort of the very nice but simple room, the knowledge that if I lose something (aka my phone) the chances of my getting back it is certain,(the staff is friendly and seem to be happy to be there), but the best is feeling welcome like family!!! Thanks again!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
You guys are the BEST! Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. By far the most enjoyable part of this business is seeing our loyal guests time and time again year in and year out. It is truly like having friends and family with us when we see you all again. It also means a great deal to us to hear that we seem to be making progress with our projects. So much of what we have done for improvements over the last couple of years are things that are not so easily seen such as the new roof and WIFI and security systems. It is so nice to hear that our hard work and efforts seem to be paying off, and I really appreciate you acknowledging them for benefit of other travelers that may be considering a stay with us.

As you also so perfectly mentioned in your review, we are not a big fancy resort but instead more of a little old school "Mom and Pop" kind of a place. We cater to families and couples that are looking to experience that old beach house kind of nostalgic vacation that Myrtle Beach was established on. In a world where being politically correct seems to have taken the place of common sense we have found that there are a lot of folks out there that truly appreciate our "no nonsense tolerated here" kind of policy. It's just like it was when you stayed at your Grandmas house growing up. Clean, cozy and lots of fun as long as you don't go too crazy and respect the other folks around you. If things get out of hand, Grandma will send you back home quick like!

In closing I would like to once again Thank you for your loyal patronage. It was really wonderful to see you both again, and I was so happy to see that you were feeling mush better Good luck with the upcoming knee surgery. You simply must come back and relax in those rocking chairs once you are both able to do so.

Until then take care,
Julie

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!