“Best beach trip yet.....” 5 of 5 stars

You added Gazebo Inn to your Saves list
Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #36 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Best beach trip yet.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I go to the beach every year for r n r. We so enjoyed our stay here, we we're here from 8/24 thru 8/31/2013 loved every minute of it. The room was clean, free of smell, even the elevator. Our room was 1505 we had a great view of the ocean and the sunset was amazing. The trip to the beach was fantastic only a short distance. Angela keep our room clean and smelling so fresh and I hope we showed her our appreciation with the tip. No its not a five star hotel but the friendliness and cleaniness made up for that. We will return to stay here again. So enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for all your hospitallity. Check it out you won't be disappointed we sure wasn't......

gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Those first floor pool side ocean front rooms are pretty neat aren't they? The patio opening right up to the pool deck on these rooms certainly makes it nice for folks that enjoy spending a good deal of time at the pool and beach. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I really appreciate that. My family also really appreciates your families business, and we are looking forward to your seeing you the next time you are at the beach!

Best,

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
statesville, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I can tell you my husband and are very picky about where we stay and even more so this year because we were traveling with our 4 month old son.. I have no complaints what so ever ! Very clean and comfy inn !! Don't go there expecting the ritz because there is no flat screen tv or indoor pool but for the price it is a heck of a place on the beach

gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. It is quite a compliment when a family with a such a young child feels so comfortable staying with us. As you mentioned, we are not a fancy resort by any means, however we work hard to offer very clean rooms at a low rate in a family friendly environment. I am so happy to hear that we are doing well in those areas, and that you would stay with us again the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area. We appreciate you spending your hard earned dollars here with us, and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and my son, along with his family, just returned from another great visit to the Gazebo Inn (8/29/13 – 9/2/13). They are already planning to return next year. Convenient location and great room rates. The room was very clean, with excellent daily maid service. We enjoyed having an efficiency kitchen with a full size coffee pot. Beds were comfortable and I slept very well, even with my little granddaughter. Our room was 1111 and opened onto the pool area which was very convenient for the kiddies. This is not a resort and does not claim to be. Just a basic, clean, affordable motel for adults and families traveling to Myrtle Beach. We had a great stay and were very pleased with the staff and accommodations.

Room Tip: Oceanfront, anywhere, is always great. But an upper level side view room at the Gazebo Inn facing...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you ladies for such a rave review! I also really appreciate you mentioning our great housekeeping staff. Those girls are by far the hardest working women on the beach, and they truly keep this place as clean as a whistle. I am so happy to hear that you girls found our little joint to be such a great deal, and that the location worked out so well for you. We really enjoyed having you as our guests, and we are looking forward to your next visit to the beach. You were lots of fun and we hope to see you again very soon~

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I checked in on August 25, and we stayed five nights. It's was so comfortable and the room was cleaned everyday by kind and respectful ladies. We stayed in room 1412 and it was perfect. The hotel staff were very nice and we enjoyed our stay at the Gazebo inn very much!!! Thank you Julie and staff!!!!

gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi Girls! Thank you so much for the lovely review. I especially appreciate you mentioning how pleased you were with the housekeepers and the way that they kept your room, as well as how you found the rest of our staff to be so helpful and friendly. I am happy to say that our housekeeping staff was just awarded the "Gold Star of Excellence Award" for the second year in a row. This award is presented by the Myrtle Beach Area Hospitality Association to properties with excellent ratings, and is truly an honor for these hard working ladies to receive. I would also like to thank you for your business, as well as for your promise to return to the Gazebo the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area. We appreciate that very much, and we are looking forward to seeing you again hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here Aug. 18- 23 in room 1511. I don't know what the other reviews are talking about. The room we had was very clean and was kept that way by Angela as a matter of fact she even cleaned the toilet every day.My wife was so happy with the way she kept the room she gave her a nice tip when we checked out, and I know for a fact that at least 5 other rooms checking out at the same time gave her a tip, because we had to wait to talk to her. You can believe the couple of bad reviews from people that don't even carry id's on them or you can stay at a very nice hotel. All I can tell you is we had a great vacation with friendly hotel staff and owners. A clean room and no noise from other rooms. We will be back next year. THANKS FOR A GREAT STAY...JEFF AND JOAN

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have great views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for such a great review guys! I really appreciate you taking the time to give other travelers some positive feed back about your stay with us at the Gazebo. Everyone here works really hard to make sure that our guests have a clean and comfortable property to enjoy while at the same time not breaking the bank. It is also so nice when a guest recognizes our houskeepers too. Angie does do a great job, as do our other hard working ladies. Without them, the place just wouldn't be the same. I also realize that you just can't make some people happy not matter what. As you mentioned in your review sadly so often those are the people that will post some pretty crazy things in an effort to hurt a business for whatever reason. Kind of like a "get even" factor. I am so thankful that we have had so many happy guests this summer that took the time to post the positive. Most people realize that the majority is where the truth can be found. Folks like you are the bread and butter of this business, especially for the small "Mom and Pop" properties. We would not stay in business if it wasn't for our repeats guests and their referals. Thanks you so much for both. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future at the Gazebo!

Regards,
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and our 2 young kids stayed Aug 18-25. I checked in and the lady at the front desk was super nice(sorry I don't remember her name, she has black hair, I want to say Julie but I'm probably wrong). We were in room 1309 and we had ocean view. The view was amazing! We didn't have any hotel blocking our view. Bobbi was our housekeeper and she was so sweet! I don't think I've ever met a housekeeper as nice as her. Our room had a kitchenette and 2 double beds. It was perfect for us, no complaints about anything. The value is amazing and we are definitely staying next year. Can't wait to see everyone next year! :)

gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you fofr such a nice review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that Bobbi took such good care of you. She does do an excellent job. We have an awesome crew here and that does make all the difference in the world. 1309 is a neat room too. I think that most folks are surprised at how great the view is from our side rooms. We really do have a very unique spot and it always makes me happy when people enjoy it. Thank you so much for your business. We truly appreciate you and your family and we are looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the beach!

Sanford, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I come to the beach for ouur anniversary every year and we stay at the Gazebo Inn. We love room 1315. It is a perfect size room with a larger fridge than other motels. The rocking chairs on the balcony are great for sitting and watching the ocean. I love the way the room is decorated. The whole building is kept clean and the pool was cleaned daily. Bobbie was our housekeeper and she was a super sweet lady who did a great job. We have never had any problems with rudeness from any staff member. One of the best things about the Gazebo Inn is how it is family oriented so there is no loud partying or obnoxious guests. We also like that we can park the car and walk everywhere. We will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Pick the king size ocean front room. You wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. We really appreciate it. I am so happy that you liked the rocking chairs that we added this year too. Mom really wanted to those, and our guests seem to be enjoying them quite a bit. We try very hard to offer a quaint lodging experience to our guests along with friendly service. Each room has it's own charm and kind of reminds most people of a good old fashioned beach house. Nothing fancy, but clean, comfy, and priced right. I think we are a pretty good fit for folks that do not want to spend their vacation lost in a huge resort at a much higher price. We are so glad that you feel that way about us and that you continue to return year after year like an old friend. There is nothing better than that. Thank you so much for your loyal business. We hope to see you back at the beach in the very near future!

Julie

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!