“Great Place...Already planning our stay for next summer.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Gazebo Inn to your Saves list
Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #39 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great Place...Already planning our stay for next summer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

After reading great reviews me and my daughters decided to stay here.... I loved it, we arrived late Sunday night from a long day of flying. We were greeted by a nice staff. I loved the room and the closeness to the downtown. Our room was cleaned daily and the cleaning ladies were very friendly.
We really enjoyed our stay and plan to make this our summer retreat from now on.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been coming to MB since the early 70`s with my parents and we always stayed at Catoe Villa. When I married my wife we continued to stay at Catoe untill it was sold and torn down in 2004 for one of those high price resorts. I was lucky enough to find another hotel that has the same high standards that I was use to staying at, and that was the Gazebo Inn. This is a family owned motel who goes out of their way to provide a quite, clean, place to stay at a low rate. Regardless of some of the reviews that you might read, I know for a fact that the rooms are cleaned daily, along with the pool and hot tub also being cleaned and water levels checked. The house keeping staff goes out of their way to make sure everything is right. The new WIFI system is excellent and I had no problems with connections. and Parking is ot that big of a problem.
To the owners of Gazebo, thank you for everything that you do to keep this great place up and running,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are travelling as a group from Canada and we were looking for beachfront property that is not very pricey in Myrtle beach. All rooms of this motel has a balcony which give you a view of the beach from your room. You get a basic room not very big, but clean. You can get with kitchen and without kitchen. Everyday housekeeping and staff are friendly.
You have easy acess to the beach from the back, and this has swimming pool and hot tub. For the price we paid, we are very happy. Thank you staff and management !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

So happy to find this hotel. Can not beat the price for beach front hotel. The room is decent. There were a couple of issues during our stay, but the staff was prompt in addressing the issues. At one point, the elevator broke down, but was quickly fixed. I put a load of clothing in the washer and the washer overflowed. The man that was fixing the problem refunded me the money I put in and even put my beach towels in their industrial dryer. The woman at the front desk always had a welcome smile and even suggested a few restaurants nearby. The neighborhood was just outside downtown, about a mile. Far enough to not deal with traffic, but close enough that we were able to quickly get where we wanted to go. It's nothing fancy, but was perfect for my kids! I will definitely be back next year.

Flowery Branch, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

this is a very nice place to stay while you in mrytle beach,they clean the rooms every day &they staff are very nice,the rates are very good,its right in the middle of the strip ,its very close to the ocean,its a very clean place,in all its a very good place to stay,oh ya their son serived our great country,his pictures are on all the walls ,they are very interesting,so if your at mrytle beach give them a try !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I was referred from a co-worker about the Gazebo Inn. We were able to make our reservations over the phone. When we got here, the people in the front were so friendly and inviting. The housekeeping was awesome. We got an ocean view, which is amazing and with all the amenities that saved money on going out to eat. My husband and I loved the fact that the hotel was near the ocean and had a heated pool. We were walking distance from all the shopping places and restaurants. Great if you want to save on gas! We ended up staying for 7 days and 6 nights, which was really affordable. Being a family own business, I have a lot of respect for business that keep the family traditions. My hushand and I would defiantly recommend this place!

Ripley, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff here, particularly the woman who runs the motel, are extremely rude. I was charged two times, my banker contacted the woman and had it fixed, and then the next day I was charged again. She also discussed the fact that she thought that I was a troublemaker with my banker! She threatened to kick us out multiple times because when I brought it to her attention I "had an attitude," and she charged a cash deposit that we were later advised by another employee we never actually owed. Even though I am 23 and my best friend is 31, she told us we should not have been allowed to check in because my sister is 18 and my boyfriend is 20. I had made a $125 deposit a week prior to our stay when making the reservation, and the man did not mention our ages at all. We were not there to party, but were advised by this woman that we clearly were. There are no safes in the room and room service "is required." When we asked for more towels, the maid did not knock, she simply opened the door without knocking. I was told by the manager that the double charge happens often, which if you're like me is a complete inconvenience to your vacation. This, coupled with the lack of room security, made for a very uneasy stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Last week certainly turned out to be challenging to say the least. If not allowing you and your friends to do as you please without any regard for the other guests in the hotel makes us rude and unprofessional, then I thank you for the compliment. My only regret with you and your group is that I did not make you check out after we had problems with you the first night. When confronted about the complaints we had about you from the night before you begged me to let you stay because you knew that the beach was full. You promised I would have no further issues. You explained that it was one of the girls in your group's birthday and that things had gotten a bit out of control but that it wouldn't happen again. Apparently this ridiculous review is the thanks I get for making an exception to our published age policy, honoring a MUCH lower rate, not charging for your extra people, and giving you a second chance based upon your promise of no more partying. You are well aware of what truly happened, however for the benefit all of the other travelers that are reading this review, this is the REAL scoop:

First and foremost we are a family hotel. We rent to families or couples 21 years of age or older. Singles have to be at least 25. This policy is CLEARLY stated on our web site as well as on the confirmation that you received. We also clarify this policy when making a reservation over the phone. Your reservation was made for two adults over 25. As it turns out you had FOUR adults, and all of you looked under age. I was told that the ages of your group were as follows: 31, 19, 20, and 18. When I asked for ID's, I was told that only two of you had ID's. Not good. I told you at that point I could not allow you stay and that I would have to give you a refund for the remaining balance that you had paid. You got very upset and begged me to reconsider. The two younger women in your group became very nasty at that point, and one of them informed me that her card had been charged twice. I checked our audit and found that we had only charged the card once and asked you to have the bank call me. I NEVER told your banker that you were a trouble maker. We did however discuss how upset you were. The banker informed me that there seemed to be a pending authorization which I told her to release immediately. The authorization never showed up on our end.

At this point you BEGGED the other girls to please be quiet, and asked again if you could stay. I agreed to allow you to do so against my better judgment ESPECIALLY since TWO of you did not have ID's and were obviously under age. I honored the LOW family rate, I didn't charge you for the two extra people, and instead only asked for a VERY MINOR $25.00 security deposit because that was all that you could afford. In fact you had to go to the ATM to get that. Nobody EVER told you that the deposit shouldn't have been taken. Shame on us for being nice guys. We made one final mistake by refunding your $25 the night before your left because you said that you were leaving early in the morning and needed the $25 for gas. You left the room nasty. Shame on us again, and shame on you for not being honest with your review. Hopefully the next time you try to stick it another business they will be smarter than to cut you the break that I did. I can assure you it won't happen again.

Julie

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!