“Hidden Gem!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hillsville, Virginia
“Hidden Gem!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know how pleased i was with your motel. I read the reviews before booking with you for my vacation so i knew that you had gotten mostly good reviews. My best friend and i decided to have a girls week at the beach so we were looking for something affordable (not cheap) and we found it with The Gazebo Inn. I would definitly stay here again. And people please disregard the bad reviews on here ( although there aren't many) this is a clean well priced motel.

Room Tip: We decided to save money and take a side view room that turned out to be better than an oceanfront...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review. Yes, we have had a few of "bad" reviews. However, if you read them closely, most of them were not considerate of other guests or themselves, sneaking in more people into their rooms than the fire marshal allows, etc. These are things that we will not tolerate at our "family" motel. When you have over 15,000 guests staying with you in one year,
some will be "bad" apples no matter how hard we try to keep them out. So having 5 to 8 "bad" reviews is a real good average we think. Especially when most of our guests leave very happy but choose not or do not think about writing a review. We thank you for taking the time to write your review. Yes we are affordable not "cheap." Do not stay at "cheap" motels or use "cheap" perfume. This is the lesson of the day lol

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My fiancee and I were lucky enough to get a few days off to take a trip together, but didn't have much money to work with. We spent less on this hotel than we have on any other, and were both much more impressed with this one than the more expensive ones.

The staff is great. We drove all night, and arrived a four hours before check-in. We didn't expect to get our room early at all, but thought we'd stop in to get our parking pass before we headed to the beach. To our surprise, the owner called housekeeping and our room was ready for us in less than an hour. Any time we saw the owners or housekeepers in the halls they would smile and speak with us. Our housekeeper on the fifth floor was especially friendly.

Everything was perfectly clean and in good order. The hotel is a little dated, as the other reviews have mentioned, but so are most of the hotels at Myrtle Beach. Our room appeared to have fresh paint on the ceiling and new wallpaper. For an older hotel, it is very well kept.

The only thing I would change is the hot tub. You could tell the water was perfectly clean, but it could use a fresh coat of paint, as the old paint causes the water to look a little green at first glance. Also I would have loved for it to be bigger. We met so many other friendly guests while we were down there, but there just wasn't enough room for everyone!

Overall we had a fantastic time and plan to stay there again in August or September. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget. The location is great, the staff is great, the price is amazing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We try to give "more than the expected." Thank you for noticing. We are planning on redoing the hot tub next winter. Nothing is wrong with the hot tub, in fact Joe keeps it almost prefect all of the time. However, because the concrete has aged some from time and chemicals, it may have a slight "light brown " color. This is not the water but the reflection from the aging concrete. The water is prefect. We look forward to your next visits this fall.
Grafton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the opportunity to do a xtended stay at the gazebo inn and I loved it the rooms have furnishings that make you feel right at home and are furnished down to the smallest detail including frig stove oven microwave coffe pot toaster plates cups silverware everythinhg you need nice pool hot tub and a scenery not soon to be forgotten and the rates can not be beat and the rooms and hotel are alaways clean.This is a family owned and operated hotel and I had the pleasure of meeting the family and they are the nicest and most accomidating family and business owners I ever met they will do whatever it takes to make your stay a pleasant experience wish I could visit again this year but have to wait till next year but will without a doubt stay at the Gazebo Inn.Craig Majesky Ohio

Room Tip: Any room oceanview
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review and we look forward to your stay with us next year
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My 4 year old daughter myself and a friend stayed from June 9th through 14th. It was clean right on the beach and the price was right. the staff was very friendly. My only dislike is the neighboring hotel. One side has a VERY upscale place but on the side we were on not so much. The activity at this other hotel was concerning to say the least. I mentioned my concerns to Julie and she did offer to move us to the other side. She also told me that she had filed several complaints on the other hotel. We did really enjoy our stay though, and when we return to Myrtle beach will stay again. Thanks Julie~!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review. You were here during "graduation week" and the motel rents to high school seniors which we do not. We look forward to your next visit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stay here at least twice a year. We love that the place is clean, the staff is courteous, and the owners care about their guests. Very nice place to get away an relax. One of my favorite places to stay. <3 10stars **********

• Stayed June 2013
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review. We are a family owned and we thank you for your repeat visits.
We look forward to your next stay
Hazard, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I stayed from June 16-21, 2013 and let me just say it was WONDERFUL! This place is SUPER CLEAN! Our room was cleaned daily, fresh towels & linen, and those housekeepers worked very hard. When we would come back to our room it smelled so fresh and clean. The beds were clean and comfy, so were the pillows! The carpet was cleaned daily. We had a kitchenette in our room and everything worked properly and had all one needs in the kitchen. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and very helpful! They were answering questions before you could ever ask them and I really like that! I asked for an extra pillow and it was provided with no problems. Our room was a side-view and it was perfect! The walking distance to the ocean was incredible and easily accessible. The pool area was clean, the jacuzzi was too! Every morning you would see the staff working and cleaning, getting things prepped for the guests. One man was so friendly and considerate to our family, as we were venturing out to the beach. I love the fact that this place is family owned and operated and that they made my family feel welcomed! Also the parking areas were kept clean. When arriving that is important or to me it is, just seemed so neat and tidy! The other guests that were staying there were friendly and family oriented. We had a blast and would highly recommend this place to anyone and we would consider staying again when we venture back to Myrtle Beach. They have great rates too and that is always important when traveling! Thanks Gazebo Inn Staff for the wonderful service while my and family and I stayed with you for 5 days!

Room Tip: Any oceanfront rooms and side-views for the 4th floor were incredible!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review. We are glad that we were able to provide your family with a nice vacation. Come back real soon
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 1111. This is a first floor,oceanfront efficiency. It has a back door that opens right in front of the pool. We absolutely loved it. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you're looking for luxury, with all the frills this isn't it. If you're looking for an affordable, clean oceanfront hotel with a pool and a jacuzzi this is it.

• Stayed June 2013
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review and glad you had a pleasant stay. Room 1111 is a great room

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!