“Love this quaint family owned/operated hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Gazebo Inn to your Saves list
Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #38 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Love this quaint family owned/operated hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stay here at least twice a year. We love that the place is clean, the staff is courteous, and the owners care about their guests. Very nice place to get away an relax. One of my favorite places to stay. <3 10stars **********

• Stayed June 2013
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review. We are a family owned and we thank you for your repeat visits.
We look forward to your next stay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hazard, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I stayed from June 16-21, 2013 and let me just say it was WONDERFUL! This place is SUPER CLEAN! Our room was cleaned daily, fresh towels & linen, and those housekeepers worked very hard. When we would come back to our room it smelled so fresh and clean. The beds were clean and comfy, so were the pillows! The carpet was cleaned daily. We had a kitchenette in our room and everything worked properly and had all one needs in the kitchen. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and very helpful! They were answering questions before you could ever ask them and I really like that! I asked for an extra pillow and it was provided with no problems. Our room was a side-view and it was perfect! The walking distance to the ocean was incredible and easily accessible. The pool area was clean, the jacuzzi was too! Every morning you would see the staff working and cleaning, getting things prepped for the guests. One man was so friendly and considerate to our family, as we were venturing out to the beach. I love the fact that this place is family owned and operated and that they made my family feel welcomed! Also the parking areas were kept clean. When arriving that is important or to me it is, just seemed so neat and tidy! The other guests that were staying there were friendly and family oriented. We had a blast and would highly recommend this place to anyone and we would consider staying again when we venture back to Myrtle Beach. They have great rates too and that is always important when traveling! Thanks Gazebo Inn Staff for the wonderful service while my and family and I stayed with you for 5 days!

Room Tip: Any oceanfront rooms and side-views for the 4th floor were incredible!
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review. We are glad that we were able to provide your family with a nice vacation. Come back real soon
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 1111. This is a first floor,oceanfront efficiency. It has a back door that opens right in front of the pool. We absolutely loved it. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you're looking for luxury, with all the frills this isn't it. If you're looking for an affordable, clean oceanfront hotel with a pool and a jacuzzi this is it.

• Stayed June 2013
DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank you for your review and glad you had a pleasant stay. Room 1111 is a great room
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We made our reservations three weeks in advance, when we got there they said we had to give a kitchen deposit witch they did not tell us about on the phone. We paid that they gave us our room keys we were coming back into the hotel and they started saying we were liars we had too many people. Said we could not stay there and did not give our deposit back... Called the Myrtle Beach Police they said they get complaints from this hotel everyday. In the mean time they had someone in the office saying there key wasn't working they said we locked you out because your room smells like smoke... they told them they were smoking outside like they were suppose too. Don't know what happened with them. Stay at the Super 8 2711 south ocean blvd very nice people. Ocean Side. Our room was huge with a kitchen.

gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
When you booked your reservation, you made it for three adults and one child under the age of thirteen. When you came to check-in you had two cars, four adults and three children. Fire codes do not allow seven people in a room with two beds, and due to limited parking space we only offer one parking space per room (as noted on the confirmation that you received three weeks ago when you booked).

Nobody here called you a liar, we simply asked how many people would be staying in the room with you since there were several more people standing in front of us then you registered for. You kept insisting that everyone was not staying here, however they would be visiting and that you still needed two parking passes. We again explained why we could not issue two passes, and that if in fact the other members of your party needed lodging that we could rent you a second room which would solve both the lodging and parking issues. At this point you and another women with you became VERY irate. You both starting using very foul language while other families were standing at the desk trying to check-in. I told you both that you needed to leave the office. One of you swung the door so hard you almost knocked a lady over that was holding a small child. I escorted you out of the office and told you that your reservation was going to be canceled and that you needed to leave the property. You choose to call the police. When the officer arrived he not only spoke to you, he spoke to the other two families that were in the office that were trying to check-in when you were. Both families expressed relief that you and your group were asked to leave as they had reserved here because of our strict age policies and family friendly atmosphere. The officer informed you that you had been asked to leave and that you needed to so. He never said that they have to come here all the time. In fact he said that he couldn't remember the last time that he had. The reason for that is that we do not tolerate guests being disrespectful to the property and other guests the way that you and your group were.

In the future I would suggest that if you expect to be treated with respect, you handle yourself in a more respectable manner. Best of luck to you.

Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a nightmare of a experience at a hotel up the road and had to leave it, We then were driving up the road and found Gazebo Inn, The staff was very nice and are hotel room was perfectly clean and quiet. A nice pool and a short walk to the beautiful ocean, This hotel left the hustle and bustle of Mytel Beach and was a nice quiet place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with other travelers. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that we were able to offer you the vacation experience that you were looking for. We are one of the only family owned and operated small "Mom and Pop" hotels left in Myrtle Beach, and it is so nice when we have folks that have nothing but good things to say about the value that we offer here. The Gazebo Inn is not a fancy place, but we try hard to offer a clean and cozy property for a very reasonable rate. We truly appreciate your business, and we hope that we will see you again the next time you visit the beach!

Warm Regards,
Danielsville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stay again at the motel. I had my Granddaughter with me and it was nice know that it was a nice environment. The rooms was very comfortable and the maid service was also wonderful always got a good morning or can I get you anything else reply.. My granddaughter had a wonderful time in the clean pool. They watch the gentlemen that clean it and he would give them a wave. The motel may not be a high rise but it sure is on top cause they showed they cared about family value...The price was wonderful for family that saves all year..Thanks again Gazebo Inn for awesome time!!!
Karen Thomas Georgia Girl!!!

DavidandArlene, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We try to provide a safe, clean, affordable place for our guests. We look forward to your return visit.
Corryton, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

First let m say that we just arrived home tonight from a 3 night stay in the Gazebo Inn, Myrtle Beach. I feel so much better and cleaner once I got out of that old, out-dated dirty hotel. I don't undestand at all how it rated so high with Trip Advisor. Very, vey misleading. If you are used to staying at just a "dive" at the beach then you will probably be satisfied with it. The rooms are so tiny that I felt overwhelmed with my family. You couldn't pass them on your way to the bathroom, somebody had to sit on the bed so the other person could get by. There were no overhead lights and the lamp lights were very dim. Maybe that way they think people can't see how NASTY the carpet is. It has to be 20 years old and horribe. Nobody walked barefoot in our room, but the bottom of my daughter's white flip flops looks like black tar. The wiring for the fire alarms were wired with extension cords wrapped around poles in the hallways. The light outside on our deck didn't even have a light cover over the light bulb. They told us upon arrival that they had just spent ovr $200,000 in upgrades so we were excited to see them. WRONG. Nothing I saw in the entire hotel was new. Everything was extremely old. The beds were vey old and the mattresses were nasty and stained. They had a weird musty smell when you laid down on them. YUK! I came straight home and stripped our pillow cases to be washed with our other blankets we had taken with us. They told us the roof had been replaced over the past winter, but several people we talked to had rooms with leaks. I actually got leaked on in the "so called laundry room" while trying to dry a load of wet towels. The dryers did not work. We finally just packed up the wet towels to bring home and wash and dry them. After visiting a family member in The Comfort Suites a few blocks down from us, I really was ashamed for them to see our place and the Gazebo rated a lot higher on Trip Advisor than their Comfort Inn......BIG JOKE. The pool area was never cleaned by any one while we were there those 3 days and nights. The hot tub looked so NASTY like was filled with brown Lake water. I usually don't write many of these reviews unless I am extremely happy or extremely disappointed. And, I bet by now you can guess I wasn't extremey happy!!!!! I always try to get a nice, clean room for my family without paying fortune basing a lot of my decision on Trip Advisor. And the guy that posted pictures last year and they asked him how long he had those pictures because now the place had been renovated........lots of the exact same things in his pictures are exacty the same. This is definitely my LAST trip to this dive.

gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Mr. & Mrs. Fisher,

I am sorry that you did not take the time to voice your dissatisfaction with our property while you were here. Had you done so, I would have made sure that your concerns were addressed or a refund given if you would have rather found accommodations elsewhere that better met your expectations. I have never been in the habit of keeping people's money if they are unhappy with us for whatever reason. That just doesn't make sense to me. Since you choose not to speak to me or any of my staff about these issues while you were here, I will gladly address the main points of your review now.

First and foremost I would like to say that the pictures you have posted in your review do not give a fair view of our property. If they did, we certainly would not have received all of the favorable reviews by other guests that are posted currently on this site. We are very fortunate in that we have a group of HARD working ladies in our housekeeping department that do an excellent job at keeping the hotel clean from top to bottom. Most of these women have worked for our family for many years, and they take a great deal of pride in their work. I stand behind each and everyone of them 110%.

As to the size and condition of the rooms, we are a small, family owned and operated property that strives to offer clean, cozy rooms at a very REASONABLE rate. You stayed in an OCEAN FRONT room with two queen sized beds, efficiency kitchen, and private balcony for the dates of June 4, 5, and 6th at a rate of $74 per night. I think most folks would agree that is a VERY low rate, for a nice "Mom and Pop" (not a dive) hotel. These are very decent sized rooms that most families find to be quite adequate, especially for the price. If you were interested in a larger suite, you could have paid a much higher price at the Comfort Inn and Suites and received the amenities that you were apparently looking for. Our beds are not old and dirty, and they certainly do not smell.

Next lets talk about the many upgrades that we DID in fact make over the winter months to include a NEW roof, NEW WI FI system, NEW security system with security cameras on each floor as well as parking and pool decks, NEW custom rocking chairs on all ocean front balconies, a NEW privacy fence on the lower parking deck, and NEW exterior doors. We DID in fact REPLACE the ENTIRE roof this past fall, and do not have any leaks (knock on wood). You stayed during tropical storm Andrea, and the water you are speaking of was blowing in thru some of the balcony doors and air conditioner sleeves of some of the ocean front rooms during the heaviest of the rain and wind on the night of the 6th. You are the only guest to complain about that. Everyone else understood that we cannot control the weather and instead took it in stride and were quite satisfied when we dried the carpets for them in the morning. Speaking of carpets they were all replaced 4 years ago, and we have them cleaned several times a year to include the week before you arrived. Please keep in mind that we are an ocean front property and it is impossible to keep them spotless with people constantly coming in and out from the pool and the beach, often times wet and sandy. As for the so called mold that you point out in one of your pictures at the balcony door, that IS not mold but also I am guessing caused by water coming in from the storm. I checked the room you stayed in after reading this review and did not find it there anymore.

You have also posted a picture that you think is of a smoke alarm being powered by an extension cord. That is not a smoke alarm. The disc shaped item that you are speaking of is a booster for the WIFI system, and the black box is a security camera. None of this equipment is powered by extension cords. This is a concrete and steel building. You cannot run wire inside the walls like you can with sheetrock. These items were wired by a licensed electrician and I assure you are up to code and are safe. The only point in your review that has any possible merit is the fact that one of the dryers was not heating well. Another guest brought that to my attention. The guest that reported this issue received additional money from the front desk to run extra cycles and the dryer was then fixed.

With all of that being said, I can say without hesitation that I stand behind what we do here at the Gazebo Inn without exception and feel that we offer one of the best values in Myrtle Beach. We are not perfect, but we do bend over backwards to offer a clean, quiet, and inexpensive family friendly vacation experience to anyone that stays with us. All I can say is that in the future perhaps you should not expect to receive a full five course meal when you are only willing to pay for a hamburger.

Regads,

Owner

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!