“Family of 5 spring break getaway :)” 4 of 5 stars

Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #36 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Family of 5 spring break getaway :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

First I want to thank Ms Julie for her kindness and hospitality during our 4 night stay at Gazebo Inn.
As a family of five we are always on a strict budget
and with recent events our budget was even tighter for spring break. From the time that I first called to talk with Julie at Gazebo Inn I knew they were family oriented.

Their family hotel is clean, quiet and convenient to all of the local hotspots....... as for me and my family we will definitely be back for spring break next year but for a full week instead of just a weekend!!

Their nonsmoking policy is strictly enforced and you can feel safe and secure as you settle down for the evening.

I truly appreciate Mr Joe coming to take care of any maintenance concerns we had while we were there.....our bathroom doorknob was loose but he came down as soon as I reported the concern.

I asked for extra pillows and they were brought to us immediately as well as an extra blanket. Courtesy was definitely what we received.

Again thank you Ms Julie...... our family will see you next year!!

A great little family hotel with budget friendly prices!!

• Stayed April 2013
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review guys! I remember you and your family well and I have to say that we certainly enjoyed having you here. Having nice folks like you as our guests make this business a fun one to be in and your appreciation for what we do and how we do it definitely makes the hard work and effort that we put into it well worth while. We appreciate your business and we are looking forward to your LONGER visit with us next spring! We can’t wait to see you at the beach~

Best,

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Jay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I gave an excellent rating to Gazebo Inn because It was one of the best vacations our family has shared. We knew we didn't have a lot to spend on a hotel room but wanted to stretch our money to stay as long as possible, but still feel safe and clean. We wanted to be on the beach and have a balcony overlooking the beach. When were on vacation, we go a lot and usually don't spend much time in the room. This time, we stayed at the hotel more because of being able to just run down to the beach whenever....it was great. Pool and pool area wasn't huge but we opted for the ocean anyway. Location was good...right down from the busiest part of the beach.This is definitely an older hotel, but our room was nice and carpet and bedding clean. Service was good and found it too be a friendly place. We stayed in Room 1415-A on 4th floor. We stay July 16, 2012-July 19,2012 and it costs us $133.34 per night with tax....not too bad. Parking was a little tight but not a big problem. We love Myrtle Beach and would come back and stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience from last summer with other folks that might be considering a stay with us here at the Gazebo Inn. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed our little hotel so much and that you plan to visit with us again the next time that you are in the Myrtle Beach area. I think that you will be happy with the improvements that we have made since your last visit to include the addition of rocking chairs on all of the ocean front balconies as well as a new fence for added privacy and security on the lower parking deck. We have also updated our WIFI system for improved service, and we have added more lounge chairs to the pool deck for our guests to enjoy. Repeat business is what this industry is all about, and we want you to know that we appreciate your business and that we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again on your next trip to the beach!

Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked the room the beginning of February. I had booked the hotel for 2 adults & 2 children. Because two of my cousins came in the office with my bags they wouldnt rent to me or refund my money. The lady told me the money had to go back on my card. But they didnt need the card for me to reserve the room. So why should i have to wait 7 days or more for my refund to go back to my card. After i informed her that i was goin to leave a review then she wouldnt refund the money at all.....

• Stayed March 2013
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I have been expecting this review, and I have to say that based on your actions at the front desk I am not at all surprised by the lack of truth in it. You know very well that you and your husband got caught trying to register a room in your name when in fact the two occupants were going to be two girls well under the age of 21. This was very obvious for a couple of reasons:

1. You and your husband drove into the parking lot in a Mercedes, however when I asked your husband for the tag number for your parking permit he gave me the tag number of the Nissan that the two young ladies were driving.

2. The two young ladies then proceeded to unload THEIR luggage out of the Nissan and waited for you on the bench outside of the office. When asked by the owner if they were going to be staying here, they replied YES. Your husband did NOT unload anything out of the Mercedes.

3. The girls were on their cell phones talking about where they were staying and very excited about being at the beach for spring break.

At this time we ONCE AGAIN informed you of our age policy and reminded you that we rent to families and couples 21 and older only and that singles must be 25 years of age or older to stay with us. You were once again asked if these young ladies were going to be staying with you since you had registered for two adults and two children under 13. If they WERE going to be staying with you, you needed to register for 4 adults. If you were not staying, then we would be happy to refund the $90.27 advance deposit that you paid on your credit card so that they could find a hotel that rented to singles.

At this point you became VERY hostile and said that they were not staying here even though they had just told the owner that they were. Your response to this was “They are teenagers! They do not understand the question”! Perhaps if such a simple question is so difficult for them to understand, my guess is that they should not be driving. The young ladies also became vey nasty. All of your actions forced us to inform you that we were going to cancel your reservation and issue a refund for the advance deposit that you paid to the credit card that you charged it on. You INSISTED that I refund CASH. I explained to you several times that the refund had to be issued to the card, but you REFUSED to give me that card so that I could issue the refund and continued to DEMAND cash. After several minutes of this you were asked to leave the property.

The bottom line here is that your dishonesty was the reason why your reservation was canceled and your refusal to accept a full refund for your advanced deposit on the credit card that it was charged to when you booked is the reason why the refund was not given.

Regards,
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Let me start by stating that as a City Planner/Architect who build cities for a living, that I understand what constitutes a "great view." If you look on Google Earth at the location of the over 100 hotels along the Grand Strand in relation to the Atlantic Ocean, you will clearly see how closely the Gazebo Inn is to ocean/beach in comparison to the overwhelming majority of the other hotels. Why is this? Because this hotel was constructed prior to the implementation of Zoning Codes that have since forced other hotels to be set back further from the ocean/beach. What does this mean for you? Simply put, unbeatable views and direct beach access at great prices in a family-operated hotel.

The Gazebo Inn will be my winter destination for years to come whenever I feel the need to escape the the harsh winters of the upper midwest. The prices cannot be beat, the view of the ocean from the rooms on the rear of the building are as good as you will find anywhere in Myrtle Beach, and the family that owns and operates this hotel are friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: The rooms in the rear have a full ocean view. The owners were nice enough to let me preview several...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
gazebojulie, General Manager at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. You input truly mean alot to us especially comming from someone with your professional background. It is nice to hear that you will continue to make The Gazebo Inn your winter home. Any time you feel the need to escape from old man winter. We have enjoyed having you as our guest and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Best regards Julie ad staff
Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a side room & could see the ocean fine small but fine. The staff was very nice & I have known them for years. Very nice place. Very Clean. friendly Had ironing board which came in handy. I will stay there this summer also. Diane Yoak Parkersburg, Wv.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Manager at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The Gazebo Inn. We value any input good or and try to continue to ake everyones stay with us as relaxing as possible, We hope to see you again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. Best Regards Julie and staff.
Georgetown, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our stay was relaxing and peaceful. The room was ok, nothing fancy, but clean and tidy. The parking area was not very tidy. We loved the view and being able to walk to the beach from our pool. The pool was clean and the staff did not enforce the closing time. The hottub was awesome when it was open. For a few hours it was closed because some kids knocked down the hand rail.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Manager at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to writing a nice review and letting us know where are lacking, so we can try and rectify the situation. Again this winter we have been able to make some additional improvements on the room and building. We will look forward to seeing again and care of your vacation need Thank you again. Julie and staff
Budapest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is in a very good location, the rooms are quite sparse but very clean. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.The staff were really extremely friendly and always smiling even when they were super tired. The family atmosphere of the hotel gave it an excellent touch of friendliness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gazebojulie, Manager at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Gazebo Inn. We are a family run motel and pride ourselves on keeping the room in a clean and relaxing atmosphere. We hope to see you again this year as we love to see repeat customers. Thank You again. Julie and staff

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!