“Very reasonable mom & pop @ Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #38 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burlington, North Carolina, United States
“Very reasonable mom & pop @ Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Although the Gazebo Inn isn't a beautiful resort like some are use to staying at while visiting Myrtle Beach, it is a great place to stay for those on a budget! The oceanfront rooms are just that, and while the decor isn't fancy, it's adequate. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean. They also do maintain the pool and hot tub well. I would definitely recommend giving the Gazebo a try!

Room Tip: I definitely recommend going "whole hog" and getting an oceanfront room! The view is outs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Manager at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank You for writing a nice review, we are a small budget conscience family run motel, very clean, that will allow for a vactioner to spend more of their money on entertainment, or just to relax on the beach, without spending their whole vacation fund on a motel Thank You Julie and staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Moores Pocket
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Another good value for money motel. Right in the heart of Myrtle Beach but without the high price. We had a balcony room overlooking the beach with free parking.
Not a modern hotel, but quite adequate for an overight stay. Would stay again if we did return to this area.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms a well worth the money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Manager at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
The Gazebo Inn is a small very clean place to stay weather you are staying one night or longer, with very clean rooms and great views of the ocean both from the front and from the side of the motel all rooms have private balconies, we love to see repeat guest and the prices are affordable. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. Julie and staff
High Point, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed for 4 days in August 2012. Please keep in mind that this is not one of the fancy high-rises in North Myrtle. It is in a much quieter area of South Myrtle. I will say that I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable. The staff were very nice and were very helpful when asked about anything (places to go, things to do, etc). All of the rooms have a view of the ocean, but if you want to watch the sunrise on your balcony, choose the rooms on the end or the ones facing north. All in all, it was a good place to stay. I would rather spend my money on having fun and making memories than spending most of it on the hotel room. Give the Gazebo Inn a try.

• Stayed August 2012
gazebojulie, Manager at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank You for picking the Gazebo Inn and taking the time to write such a nice review.We are glad that yjour stay with us was nice and comfortable experience, and we hope to see you again in the near future. Best Regards Julie and staff
Plymouth, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at the Gazebo Inn from Sept. 11 to 14, 2012. Had reservations for Westgate Oceanfront Resort (CHECK REVIEW) for a week and decided to head down a few days early to extend our vacation a bit. We were not expecting a 4 or 5 star resort for around $60 a day, but the place not only met our expectations, but it exceeded them! Lots of parking available. Check in was fast and easy. Room was in the center of the top floor (as requested). Refrigerator & microwave were newer, and everything in kitchen worked fine. Sink, faucet and counter were all recently replaced. Bathroom was all recently renovated. Plumbing was all name brand metal fixtures, not cheap plastic. Beds were comfortable. TV was an older tube type but worked good, with extended cable channels. Balcony had a great view of the pool, hot tub, and beach. Never had to look for a place to park during our stay, unlike other places we've been at Myrtle Beach. The pool and hot tub were never crowded during our stay, and this section of the beach was quiet and relaxing. We had a great couple of days at the Gazebo Inn, and we will be returning.

Room Tip: Top floor had an awesome view of the beach and pool, but other lower cost rooms without the view are...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the
Gazebo Inn. We also appreciate you sharing some current photographs of the property so that folks who are considering us will have a realistic idea of what to expect if they were to vacation with us today. Our family has worked very hard over the last year to restore the Gazebo Inn back to the quaint little piece of Myrtle Beach that our guests had grown to love over the years. We are nothing fancy, but if folks are looking for clean, quiet, and comfy stay at a very reasonable rate we are tough to beat. I am so happy to hear that you found us to be just that.

We truly appreciate your business, and we hope to have you as our guests again in the very near future.

Warm Regards,
Julie
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

After reading the reviews I was very hesitant about staying at this hotel. I seen where a friend of mine was staying there, so I ask and she said it wasn't extravagant, but was very clean. My husband and I decided to make reservations. I called and made reservations and sent in my down payment and they e-mailed me my confirmation. The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful. We arrived early on a Sunday morning and spent some time on the Boardwalk and at the beach. We then went to check into the hotel and I was very hesitant again when seeing the outside. It doesn't have all the fancies that the other hotels have, but we had a wonderful stay. Our room was kept very clean everyday and the view was awesome!!!! We did have some issues with Wi-Fi, but usually it was resolved with in a few hours. We did have a few issues with some children with green lasers, but they were staying in other hotels and kept shining them on us, which was aggravating. This was the worst part of our stay. This Inn is very down home and we will be returning here from now on. We have been going to Daytona Beach for years, so this was our first stay at Myrtle Beach and we will be returning and we will be staying at the Gazebo Inn. After reading some of these reviews, it makes me wonder how these people were treating the staff!!!!!!!! Wonderful job and keep up the renovating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review, we alway appreciate hearing peoples comments about there stay and if there is anything that we can do to make your stay better. I am happy to say that we had a whole new WIFI system put in and it seems to have fixed all of our WIFI problems. We hope that you think of us again the next time you come to the beach.
Again Thank You
Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay that was on the beach. While the Gazebo Inn isn't inexpensive it was the least expensive we could find in the middle of the summer. We arrived a couple of hours before the appointed check in time. We did not expect our room to be ready, but felt it was worth at least checking and getting all of the formalities out of the way as is typical for most hotels. To my surprise they would not even check us in. We were told to come back in an hour. So we returned and it was ready. When we made the reservation we told the person that we had 2 adults and a 3 year old. In my experience it was customary to not include a young child in the reservation. Well while checking in, I repeated this information on the check-in form. Paid the remaining balance. As the women was giving me the rules and regulations of how to stay at the inn, she made the statement " at least you don't have children." I informed her that we did. I thought the hospitality police were going to arrive and take us to jail with the way she reacted to that information. She told me that children are not allowed in those rooms. She told me that they didn't have anything else available so she was forced to allow us to stay in the room. We had a room with a king bed and ocean view. Don't see what was so special about our room that would require the no children rule. I understand the maximum capacity rules are for safety and are there for safety and profit, but we would be no where near capacity of this room. I told her that we had brought a blow up bed for the child. Anyway she proceeded to charge us for our three year old. Really? I have never heard of a hotel charging for children. So we paid the charge and went to our room. The hallways were enclosed with no HVAC. We got to our room. On the surface it looked and smelled clean. After about an hour we discovered that our toilet was broken. We called the front desk to get it repaired. After about 2 hours I went down to see when someone was coming and the women I spoke with didn't know anything about it. The man at the desk said " oh yeah, he called earlier and we got busy." Really? They were so busy they couldn't call any one in over 2 hours? An hour later our toilet, for the most part, was fixed. As we prepared to go out to a late dinner, I discovered that our feet were solid black from simply walking around in our room barefoot. I understand that the hotels cleaning staff have a limited amount of time to get a room ready for the next guess, but this type of filth can't be cleaned by the room staff. This type of cleaning needs to be done by a professional carpet cleaner and on a semi regular basis at least. There were many little things that took us by surprise considering the price point we were at. The pictures were screwed to the walls. Their were hardly any power outlets and the lamps were wired via extension cords. The only toiletries were two bars of soap. We did not have a do not disturb sign and were told that we had to go to the front desk to get it. The only good things we really have to say is that the location, pool, and ocean view were great. Just being curious I looked up what we could have gotten at our favorite vacation spot during the same time period and it was only 25 dollars more. Wow $25 more for better quality compared to the Gazebo Inn. This place would be awesome if they were to actually update the hotel to get it out of the late 80s.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room was clean and the linens were not worn out. Room was equiped with refridgerator, stove, sink, microwave, and a coffee pot and dishes.
Overall a good stay with an ocean front room with balcony over looking the pool. The pool was well kept and clean. Staff was freindly and efficent. The price was reasonalble for the season. Didn't have anything to complain about here.
This hotel is located within walking distance of a small conveinence store and a great pancake resturant.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators and of course ask for an ocen front room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!