“2nd time guests, will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #37 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sanford, North Carolina, USA
“2nd time guests, will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have stayed at the Gazebo Inn twice this year. The first time was in the spring and it was referred to us by a friend who stays there all the time. we came back 8/24/2012 for our anniversary. We had a really nice time and the room we had was a king size room. It was clean and had up to date appliances, the air conditioner was wonderful and the room was a perfect 70 degrees when we got there. It's like they knew we were coming. The balcony was fine, no loose screws and the furnishings were nice and homey. The ladies were cleaning first thing in the morning and super nice. I did not notice anything out of repair or dirty and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. We parked the car when we got there and did not move it until we left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband surpised me with a weekend at the beach for my birthday--we stayed for the 1st time at the Gazebo Inn. We had never stayed there before, as we always wait until after Labor Day to go on vacation. The hotel is a little out-dated on the outside, but on the inside, the rooms are very neat and clean. Our room had a southern view of the beach with a nice little balcony to sit on. The hotel was very quiet--no rowdiness is tolerated. The management and staff were very friendly--no problems with them at all. They have a pool and hot tub area that was clean and even had enough lounge chairs to sit on. If I had to say anything was wrong, it would be the fact that there wasn't enough parking. If we have need of a get-away weekend and want to stay on budget, we'll be staying at the Gazebo inn again!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up a very quiet (we stayed on the 5th (top) floor.
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! So happy to hear that your celebration weekend went so well and that you enjoyed your time here with us. We work very hard to offer a quiet place with friendly service and clean rooms at very low prices. Our year around age policy helps a great deal with all of that. We rent to families and couples only. Singles must be 25 years of age or older. Parking is very limited however, and we sure wish we could do something about that. Thankfully in most cases one parking space per room works. All and all it is nice to know that you are planning on staying with us again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach. We truly appreciate your business, and we hope to see you again soon~

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed it. It's so dirty and old it should be torn down. Spider webs everywhere, the fire alarms on the wall are rusty, the wifi doesn't work. In fact, I was told to use the free wifi from the hotels beside this one. The old man that checked us in needs a lesson in customer service, he was rude, and not friendly at all. I wouldn't stay here if it was free! I wouldn't stay here if my entire trip to Myrtle beach was free!

• Stayed July 2012
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Wow. I am not sure when these pictures were taken, but they certainly were not taken since we took the hotel back over last May. As stated in many of the other reviews, our family sold the property in 2007. Sadly the folks that we sold to were not keeping the Inn in good repair and we had to take the hotel back over. Since that time, we have worked hard to bring the property back to the great cozy condition that our guests had come to depend on since 1991. As you can see by all of the favorable reviews from this summer, we have succeeded with that goal. If you and your wife were to try us again I think that you will find us to be the clean, cozy, friendly, affordable Inn that so many of the current reviews have mentioned. Hopefully some of our recent guests will post some pictures that will better represent the Gazebo in its current state. I truly hope that your next visit to Myrtle Beach will be a more enjoyable one.

Monroe, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

we recently spent three nights in this hotel. while the hotel is older and the rooms are small we managed to sleep 5 people in the room with out issues. we had a room with a kitchen so it was like being at home. the front desk staff was friendly and for the most part the hotel was very clean. it was very quiet no kids running up and down the hallways like you see at other places. and it is right on the beach which for the price we paid was wonderful. my only complaints...if you would even call them that, is that the toilet in our room didnt flush right, the housekeeping staff, while they did a great job with our room, didnt seem to be very friendly. i spoke to a couple of them and didnt even get any eye contact let alone a responce. and the carpets could use a good cleaning. i am sure it is from the beach traffic but the carpet in our room turned the bottom of our socks black. we wouldnt walk barefoot in the room. and i grew up on the beach and keeping socks or shoes on my feet is a difficult task. but overall our experience at the gazebo inn was a pleasant one and we would absolutely stay there again. you cant beat the price for a room on the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just got back from staying at the Gazebo Inn,we enjoyed our stay and the staff were nice and answered any and all questions.Our room was clean,no bugs,no smells,just an average hotel room.The only thing I was a little unhappy with was the bath tub,it had a deposit stain down to the drain and the walls and cracks were looking like they were on its last leg,I hope they redo that tub in the near future....the bathroom itself was clean and very nice! We always had clean towels,cloths,soaps,etc.We had a kitchen in our room and it had everything we needed pans,utencils,toaster.....trash was always dumped and beds made when we returned.Parking is good,and the pool was beautiful~!!!! We walked just a few steps from the pool to the beach,I loved that!!!! We always enjoyed our balcony outside the room,it was nice to jus set outside and feel the breeze and hang out our wet beach towels and such.As long as they offer the same great service and reasonable rates,I see another future Summer vacation at the Gazebo Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I just returned home from spending another week at the Gazebo Inn, Once again everything was just perfect. The cleaning staff is very professional and friendly, and they do an excellent job as always. The office staff was has always gone out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable. The pool and hot tub are cleaned daily, and the water is checked for the proper levels. I have never seen any kind of bugs or smelled anything that has been mentioned in the past reviews that I have read. Also I can not fault them because of the Beach Walk Motel next door as I am positive that they would do anything not to have to deal with it being there. Once again, thanks for making the Gazebo our home away from home for a week every year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely no complaints! Couldn't ask for a better location..bed was comfortable, sink big enough to hold your belongings, a/c definitely worked, clean pool and VERY reasonable prices! I literally could find something wrong in any hotel and I really can't even think of a small thing! The housekeeping cleaners were friendly, front desk was accommodating, no bugs or "weird smells" in the room, nothing! Quiet at night to get a good nights sleep (I know it really depends on other guests) if I had to dig a complaint it'd be maybe the parking because you could have to park downstairs but that's still not a complaint! :) can't wait to plan my next vacay!

• Stayed August 2012
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for the A+! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your POSTIVE experience with other travelers. You just can’t make some people happy, and sadly those people are the ones that usually take the time to write a bizarre review. We work hard to offer clean rooms at a low rate, and we thank you for baking us up on that. Its fun folks like you that make this business an enjoyable one to be in. We hope to see you again at the beach soon!

Julie

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!