“Best little mom and pop motel on the beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Gazebo Inn
1607 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #36 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Huntington, West Virginia
“Best little mom and pop motel on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I just returned home from spending another week at the Gazebo Inn, Once again everything was just perfect. The cleaning staff is very professional and friendly, and they do an excellent job as always. The office staff was has always gone out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable. The pool and hot tub are cleaned daily, and the water is checked for the proper levels. I have never seen any kind of bugs or smelled anything that has been mentioned in the past reviews that I have read. Also I can not fault them because of the Beach Walk Motel next door as I am positive that they would do anything not to have to deal with it being there. Once again, thanks for making the Gazebo our home away from home for a week every year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely no complaints! Couldn't ask for a better location..bed was comfortable, sink big enough to hold your belongings, a/c definitely worked, clean pool and VERY reasonable prices! I literally could find something wrong in any hotel and I really can't even think of a small thing! The housekeeping cleaners were friendly, front desk was accommodating, no bugs or "weird smells" in the room, nothing! Quiet at night to get a good nights sleep (I know it really depends on other guests) if I had to dig a complaint it'd be maybe the parking because you could have to park downstairs but that's still not a complaint! :) can't wait to plan my next vacay!

• Stayed August 2012
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for the A+! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your POSTIVE experience with other travelers. You just can’t make some people happy, and sadly those people are the ones that usually take the time to write a bizarre review. We work hard to offer clean rooms at a low rate, and we thank you for baking us up on that. Its fun folks like you that make this business an enjoyable one to be in. We hope to see you again at the beach soon!

Regards,
Danville, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just returned home from a long weekend. This was my first stay at the Gazebo Inn. I have to say the staff was great. We had a oceanview room w/ 1 queen bed on the 5th floor. It was perfect for the two of us. The veiw was great. Everything was clean and in order. I am so glad I found this place. Very affordable and great location. We had breakfast right across the street and plenty of resturants just up a couple blocks up on Hwy17. We parked the car and didnt have to move it for our entire stay:-) I am already planning on another visit! Thanks to everyone at the Gazebo Inn for a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again soon!!!

Kristy B. - Virginia

Room Tip: 4th & 5th Floor Rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive Gazebo experience with other travelers. I am so glad that you found us, and happy to hear that you enjoyed our little cozy slice of the Carolina coast so much. Repeat customers are very important to our business so its good to know that you plan on being one yourself! We look forward to having you as our guest once again, hopefully in the near future.

Best,
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed there last yr in the 2nd week of Sept, but it wasn't our first time staying there and definitely won't be the last. We found this place the 1st time because I wanted to go a day early and needed somewhere to stay the night before we went to where we had reservations. It's not a fancy place where you're paying for all the extra amenities and decor and some things I can do without since I'm down there to play in the ocean and to walk down thru the water, and sunbathe and whatever else people do at the beach. I'm not going to drive over 300 miles to stay in the room, when I can do that at home. But ever since the first time, we've managed to come back from time to time to stay there esp. when you're on a budget and their rates are very reasonable! I didn't find anything falling apart like in some of the reviews I've been reading and our commode worked fine and nothing rickety about the balcony like it's going to fall down. At least there are a few Mom and Pop motels left, because of the condo's going up and rooting the smaller motels out. I'm glad this family hasn't sold their business, because this is a hard time and families need a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for their rooms. I'd rather spend less on a week's stay and have money left over to do other things like seafood, shopping, miniature golf and of course money to go back home on and for gas to get around town, etc., etc. We've never had any compaints about our stay and I recommend Gazebo Inn to anyone who wants a clean place to stay, but without all the frills which I've found in other places--you have to pay extra to have all that. We stayed at Compass Cove in "03" and it was no better than Gazebo Inn and didn't have time to use all of the pools, and other things they offer and even in Oct. the rates were over $80 for an O/F one-room efficiency with only the basic stuff. I'd rather pay what Gazebo charges for the same kind of room or an ocean view which we don't mind, cause you can still a good part of the ocean! At least check it out for yourself and try it out one time and see for yourself. Even if the room isn't ready, I can use that time to go get groceries. I also like not having to park across the street like we've had to do at other places! And it's easy to find, because there is a gazebo in the corner of the parking lot and it is right beside the Palace Resort.

Room Tip: Unless you really want an ocean front room, you can get a good view from the side too at a lower cos...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive Gazebo experience with other travelers. It's nice to know that your hard working family has been so happy with the efforts of ours. We also appreciate you returning year after year, and we have ABSOLUTELY no intention of selling out! This little Mom and Pop is here to stay, thanks to greatly appreciated repeat business from loyal customers like yourself. We hope to see you in the Myrtle Beach sand again very soon.

Many thanks ~
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I kinda agree with some of the other reviews-When I was there in June we had to change rooms 3 times! Toilet broken-Microwave didn't work-was given wrong information by employee!It was like one long running joke.If you stepped out in bare feet for any reason bottom of your feet would be black!lol I think what you do for our Military is very nice.Your anger seems over the top.I know this is your business and you want to defend it,but if you can't stand peoples opinion then why have a place for people to leave them?Take a chill pill lady!

Room Tip: not on the bottom floor won't be able to see the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for recognizing the many Military families that stay with us at the Gazebo Inn. They are certainly a loyal bunch and deserve all of the support and respect that the rest of us can give them. As for comments regarding our property and the services that we provide, I always welcome any that are honest and fair. That is how any great business is built. Unfortunately there are some folks out there that will choose to post comments that are simply not true. I agree that the carpets can get dirty, especially during the height of the summer season. We are at the beach and that happens when people are in and out to the pool or the sand, especially when they will often times come in wet. Keeping a beach house in perfect condition in the summer months is a very tall order however we make a very strong effort to do so to include having the carpets professionally cleaned several times per year.

As far as moving three times goes, I am assuming that was done to accommodate you staying longer than you originally booked in for. We have so many repeat guests that stay with us year after year and these guest will often times request specific rooms. If you choose to stay longer than expected in a room that has already been reserved by another guest, we will offer to move you to another room that is open for the additional nights that you wish to say. I wish that your microwave had not broken, however these things happen when they are used so often by so many people. As soon as anything in one of our rooms is reported as not working we have it repaired or replaced immediately. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. I truly hope that you are able to find accommodations that better meet your expectations on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Regards,
hays,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We made reservations here even though there was some negative reviews we arrived on July 26th almost 2hrs before check in and our room was ready.The office staff was very friendly and helpful.Our room was clean and i was very impressed with the view it was amazing to be an oceanview.I would have to say i have stayed at the expensive hotels and honestly i had more fun here with my kids than i ever had anywhere else.The lower level parking garage wasnt scary and i preferred to park there instead of having my car bake in the sun the entire visit.We were a group of 5 two women and 3 children all girls and i could honestly say we all felt safe.So all these negative reviews shouldnt keep anyone from staying here.We had a great time Gazebo Inn my girls didnt want to leave but i promise im bringing my family back next year and reserving the room we had.Thanks so much its exactly what me,mom and the girls were looking for and more!

The Church Family

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Church Family,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Gazebo Inn with other travelers. We truly appreciate you giving us a try in spite of the couple of negative reviews that you read, and we are so very happy that you and your family found us to be the great little hidden gem that we strive so hard to be. It's families like yours that make this business such a pleasure to be in. Thank you so much for staying with us. We are looking forward to having you as our guests again the next time you decide to vacation in Myrtle Beach.

Warm Regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

if ur planning a trip to mb s.c , dont stay at the gazebo inn. Its the dirtiest facility ive ever been in. Their toliets turn over on you. The exterior walls are falling down, their pool sucks, their deck chairs are mostly broken. The jacuzzi barely fits one the balconies are rotten and fallingthe hotel was built in the 50's and not many updates have been made since.The landscaping left little to the visual appeal.overall cleanliness 0.i personally will never stay their again nor would i recommend it to anybody i cared for ,not even my dogs!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I am very sorry that for whatever reason you felt the need to write such a malicious review. Not only is it written in bad taste with foul language, but it is also not true. Sadly it seems that whoever you are, you and your friends seem to have nothing better to do than to try and harm the good reputation of a hard working family and their business. Fortunately for us I think that most folks understand that you cannot please everyone and will take into account all of the outstanding reviews that have been written by other guests this year. As you are well aware, the Gazebo Inn is in excellent repair and we offer very clean rooms for exceptionally low rates. Best of luck to you where ever you decide to stay on your next vacation. I am happy to hear that you will not be staying at the Gazebo Inn again on your next visit. We appreciate that.

Best Regards,
Julie

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!