“Had A Great Time At The Gazebo Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
4th of July Specials
Ranked #40 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
hays,nc
“Had A Great Time At The Gazebo Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We made reservations here even though there was some negative reviews we arrived on July 26th almost 2hrs before check in and our room was ready.The office staff was very friendly and helpful.Our room was clean and i was very impressed with the view it was amazing to be an oceanview.I would have to say i have stayed at the expensive hotels and honestly i had more fun here with my kids than i ever had anywhere else.The lower level parking garage wasnt scary and i preferred to park there instead of having my car bake in the sun the entire visit.We were a group of 5 two women and 3 children all girls and i could honestly say we all felt safe.So all these negative reviews shouldnt keep anyone from staying here.We had a great time Gazebo Inn my girls didnt want to leave but i promise im bringing my family back next year and reserving the room we had.Thanks so much its exactly what me,mom and the girls were looking for and more!

The Church Family

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Church Family,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Gazebo Inn with other travelers. We truly appreciate you giving us a try in spite of the couple of negative reviews that you read, and we are so very happy that you and your family found us to be the great little hidden gem that we strive so hard to be. It's families like yours that make this business such a pleasure to be in. Thank you so much for staying with us. We are looking forward to having you as our guests again the next time you decide to vacation in Myrtle Beach.

Warm Regards,
Julie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

if ur planning a trip to mb s.c , dont stay at the gazebo inn. Its the dirtiest facility ive ever been in. Their toliets turn over on you. The exterior walls are falling down, their pool sucks, their deck chairs are mostly broken. The jacuzzi barely fits one the balconies are rotten and fallingthe hotel was built in the 50's and not many updates have been made since.The landscaping left little to the visual appeal.overall cleanliness 0.i personally will never stay their again nor would i recommend it to anybody i cared for ,not even my dogs!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I am very sorry that for whatever reason you felt the need to write such a malicious review. Not only is it written in bad taste with foul language, but it is also not true. Sadly it seems that whoever you are, you and your friends seem to have nothing better to do than to try and harm the good reputation of a hard working family and their business. Fortunately for us I think that most folks understand that you cannot please everyone and will take into account all of the outstanding reviews that have been written by other guests this year. As you are well aware, the Gazebo Inn is in excellent repair and we offer very clean rooms for exceptionally low rates. Best of luck to you where ever you decide to stay on your next vacation. I am happy to hear that you will not be staying at the Gazebo Inn again on your next visit. We appreciate that.

Best Regards,
Niagara Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived at Myrtle Beach after two days on the road at 12:30 pm, went in to see if we could check in early, was told our room was not ready as the previous person had not left until 11 am. Asked when would the room be ready was told one hour. I asked if I could use the restroom and was told there was no public restrooms. We asked where the pool was and was told down the hall, walked to the pool carpet was ripped in several spots including the stairs, pool was old, the hot tub was a square hole in the ground. We left and got something to eat came back in hour and was told our room was not ready and it would be another twenty minutes, at which time I turned to my husband and said we are not paying a cheap price at 128 per night. Left came back in 45 minutes, sat in office waiting for the desk help to get off phone and check out two housekeeping then a couple came in and she checked them in, total ignoring us. After they checked in and left I asked her if our room was ready she told me no I was they upset. She told me check in time is not until 2:30 and I asked her what time was it and was told there is a clock on the wall (2:19 pm). My husband at that time told her that we where going to leave feedback on the web and she did not know who she was dealing with. She said are you threating me, he told he no I walked outside at this time. My husband camed out two minutes later and told me that she was not going to let us stay here and was calling the police as I was outside bad mouthing their customer. My husband told her go ahead so we could have a police report. I was only asking them if they had stay here before, they told me no. I just wanted to see if it was worth staying here as everything I had saw at that point was not impressive. She did refund our money that they charged my credit card two months in advance for one night rental. We where then force to find another place to stay. Went two doors down and found a wonderful place to stay with several pools and hot tubs plus lots of other extras including full kitchen. She did not ruin our vacation just made it better. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
After reading your review I feel that most people will agree with management's decision to give you a full refund which by the way we do not have to do. However we do not want anyone here that is so obviously dissatisfied, and who is also being abusive to the staff and disturbing other guest. Had you called the police, they would have told you the same thing.

I am sorry that you were on the road for two days, but unfortunately we cannot ask other guests to check out early to accommodate you. Check-in is not guaranteed until 3 pm as was clearly stated on the confirmation that you received. We do our best to check people in earlier if at all possible, however on heavy check out days that is often time impossible to do. We want to make sure that all of our rooms are very clean when our guest check-in, and that cannot be done if the housekeepers are rushed through their job.

The hotel is an older property, and as was customary when it was built the property it does not have a formal lobby area with public restrooms. The bathrooms are all located in the guest rooms. Most guest that pay our very low rates do not expect to find a full service resort with all of the amenities. We offer very low rates for clean, basic accommodations. I am happy to hear that you were able to find accommodations elsewhere and that you do not plan on staying at the Gazebo Inn again anytime in the future. Best of luck to you.

Regards,
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Gazebo Inn is a budget motel, but it is clean and right on the beach. The housekeeping staff was very friendly, the rooms were kept very clean and the pool was perfect. The pool was always clean and there were always chairs available at the pool. The hotel is about 20 blocks or so from the boardwalk strip, so you may want to drive to the shops. We enjoyed coming back to the quiet area for the night after spending the evening on the boardwalk!

Some people have complained that the second level parking area was dark and scary. Well it definitely was not scary or dark! The hotel next to the Gazebo Inn is a little run down, but it was not scary.

If you are looking for a clean, budget priced hotel on the beach, the Gazebo Inn is great! If you are looking for a full service resort, then you will not be happy with this hotel. We would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I am happy to hear that you were so pleased with your stay at the Gazebo Inn, and I especially appreciate you mentioning the friendly housekeeping staff and clean rooms. Our girls work very hard and it is always nice when their efforts are recognized. As you mentioned, we are not big and fancy but we are clean and cozy and a great option for folks that are looking for an inexpensive vacation spot. We truly appreciate your business and we are so happy that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are staying in the Myrtle Beach area.

Toyohashi, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We were searching for a place to stay for 3 nights (we're spontaneous like that), and after finding no vacancy at every place we walked in, we found this place. It was well kept and clean overall. The pool was nice and we loved the beachfront view. We felt like we really lucked out booking here! Our only complaint was that we had a crappy toilet that I actually had to fix first thing upon entering the room. Hopefully someone looked at it. But hey, I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Wow! The Ritz of older Myrtle Beach hotels! I love it! That is great. Sometimes the best times are found at the places that we just stumble upon, aren't they? I am so glad that you stumbled upon the Gazebo Inn and that you were so happy with all of the neat things that our cozy little place has to offer. I am however sorry to hear that you fixed your own repair issue, but thank you for doing so. The next time you stay with us, please let the front desk know if anything in the room needs attention and we will have it taken care of right away for you. We realize that there are many properties to choose from in the Myrtle Beach area, and we truly appreciate your business. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you decide to kick back in the South Carolina sand~

Best,
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my second time staying at The Gazebo Inn in Myrtle Beach. The rooms had been updated since my last visit and my room was spacious and very clean. I have stayed in many hotels that charged much higher rates that didn't come close to the cleanliness of The Gazebo Inn. Their housekeeping staff was top notch and supplied more than enough towels each day. The room was immaculate! The only reason I didn't give the property 5 stars was that there was no wi-fi. They didn't advertise that there was, so I am not complaining, however, I feel in this day and age, internet should be available. The front desk gave me a password to try, but when it didn't work, I checked back and was told that in general, there is a problem with internet service in Myrtle Beach and that their service was not reliable. In the long run, actually, it was nice not to be hooked up to my computer for a few days!

I will definitely stay at The Gazebo Inn again. The price was half of what many places charge, it was very clean and quiet, the pool was great, and I can live without internet for a few days!

Room Tip: The ocean side view rooms with private balconies are very nice and much more private than the ocean...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again for the second time. That is great. Repeat business is very important to us, and it is nice to hear that all of our efforts have been paying off. We strive to offer very clean rooms at very low rates and it is nice to know that we are hitting the mark. Thank you for also giving our housekeeping staff the credit that they deserve. We are very fortunate to have such a nice group of hard working ladies, and I will be sure that they know your recognized their efforts. We truly appreciate your business and we hope that you will decide to stay with us once again the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area.

Rogersville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was looking for a nice, clean, reasonable place to stay right on the beach with just a few days notice and found the Gazebo Inn! I am pleased to say that I booked the right place, the staff was very friendly the rooms was clean and it was right on the beach....no crossing the street to get to the ocean and we parked in front of the office 2 nights and the parking garage the last night. I can't wait to stay here again!!!!!

April Gibson

East Tennessee

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
gazebojulie, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
So glad you found our quaint little piece of Myrtle Beach to be such a great value. There are not too many of us Mom and Pop hotels left on the Grand Strand, and it is nice to hear that we are succeeding with our goal of providing great service at very low rates. Thank you so much for your business! We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Myrtle Beach area.

Regards,
Julie

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!