“terri” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
kings mtn, n.c.
“terri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I had just taken a cruise, but, we had a couple of more days to spend elsewhere. We drove up from Miami to Myrtle Beach to see some friends who were camping there and just to spend some quiet time together. We found the Gazebo Inn to be just the place. Yes , it is older, but well maintained and clean. It is perfect for the couple who just want to spend some quality time together around the pool, or on the beach. The ladies in the office are extremely nice,the service people are polite and efficient. No, you will not find pool bars, bowling, and big beach parties around the pool. Not everyone wants that. Very reasonable rates. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We offer reasonable rates and clean rooms. Do you really want to pay $200 a night for a "FREE" breakfast or "FREE" bowling? Thank you again. Julia and Jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a large group staying at a large hotel a couple doors down. After a couple days we needed extra room and found the gazebo inn. The room rates were very reasonable and the lady at the front desk was helpful.

The room was an average size room with the normal 2 beds, a table with chairs, tv and small microwave and fridge. The room was clean and in good shape. The bathroom was clean and the tub appeared to have been remodeled recently. The balcony was ocean front and had a great view of the pool and the ocean.

The swimming pool was just a traditional square pool with a small hot tub on one side. It was clean and had several chairs around the pool.

We stayed two days in the hotel and found it to be a great value for the price. If you are looking for a cheap oceanfront hotel that is clean and family oriented then this hotel is a good choice. However, if you are looking for a hotel with lots of amenities like lazy rivers and workout rooms then I would suggest looking for another resort.

• Stayed May 2012
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
We thank you for your review. We try to offer our guests a claen room that is reasonably price. We hope that you found a "new" home when you come back to myrtle beach.
Blacksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I booked a room at the Gazebo Inn based on the reviews we read on TripAdvisor. We wanted something nice but inexpensive. And reviews told us that was the Gazebo. The property is definitely dated. It needs some updating, in a bad way. The current owners just took the property back over. The hallways, common areas, and rooms were clean. Some of the other reviews said the elevator was slow and smelled funny. No problems with the elevator. No problems parking either. Our room was on the 5th floor, ocean front. Beds were comfortable, although the bedding was cheap. The rooms need new carpet, desperately. I was a little unsure of walking on them barefoot (I'm picky). The shower had poor pressure and the water temperature went from cold to hot uncontrollably. The staff was really friendly. Pool and exterior are decent enough, although one board on the walk to the beach was rotted through.

I felt that the reviews we read rated the property a little high. There are so many little things that could greatly improve the property. But overall I feel that we got what we paid for, and that was it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We offer clean rooms at an inexpensive price. I am glad you felt like you got what you paid for because a lot of times you do not.
Rowland, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Gazebo Inn in May. A very good deal for the price. Quiet and comfortable. Above all I was very pleased with the overall cleanliness of the room and pool area. Cleaner and more comfortable than some of the larger big named resorts I've stayed at in Myrtle beach. The owner was very pleasant. This place is a small gem among the concrete giants. We'll be back for sure. C. Webb

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you were pleased with the cleanliness of the motel. We are also glad you consider us a small gem among concrete giants. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again. Jane and Julia
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I are in our late 20's/early 30's, and are relocating to the Myrtle Beach area in August and have been saving for a home, so we were looking for a very reasonable, centrally located place to stay. I found the Gazebo Inn through the TripAdvisor forums, and the rates were excellent (we stayed May 4-6 and took advantage of the off-season "we're back" discount on the Inn's website). I also liked the fact that the owners take the time to comment on every post, good or bad, on TripAdvisor.
First Impressions:
I did have a hard time reaching them via phone, and there is no online reservation system in place, but it was easily remedied by calling their sister hotel, Hurl Rock Motel (they were having an issue at Gazebo with their voice mail). Both hotels are run by the same family, and they are restoring both hotels to their former glory after repurchasing them a few years ago. Once they knew I was trying to reach them, they went above and beyond to call me pronto (within an hour) and book our room. We arrived late Friday night, and were greeted by Julie at the front desk. She was really helpful, recommending us a place to eat dinner (knowing we didn't want to do the "touristy" thing) and getting us the appropriate brochures for our interests and giving us the rundown of the hotel layout and room location. Yes, the elevator is a little musty, but you could literally hit the ocean with a rock. Humidity happens! It works - enough said.
The Room: we had a corner king balcony room on the second floor and it was *very clean.* The decor is what I'd call 70's country chic, with different wallpapers and designs, but that is part of the charm. The bed had a firm mattress but didn't cause any aches and pains. The bathroom was a decent size and the shower/tub had good pressure. The balcony was small but had enough room for two chairs and a small table and was about 30 feet from the ocean. We ate lunch out there comfortably one day. The air conditioner was running most of our stay but we need white noise so this was a plus for us. We didn't hear our neighbors at all. We didn't swim but overlooked the pool and it was really clean; there was direct beach access and an outdoor shower.
The area: couldn't' get any better. Right on Ocean Drive, close to everything. I agree that the motel next door needs to be torn down. We didn't have problems and we came and went a lot, but we didn't see too many people out on their balconies early and late (obviously if you are there as a tourist, this might become a hassle). I'll be steering all guests who want their own place to stay here, for the good service and to support local business. Thanks for the lovely stay, and Julie, we'll be back in June!

Room Tip: corner king balconies are quieter and more out of the way of stairways and the main corridor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We were in the process of changing our toll free carrier when you were trying to call us. We had a few problems but we were glad you called our other motel and we were able to book you a room. Thank you for supporting a mom and pop local business. We look forward to your return visit. Thanks again. Julia and Jane
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Let me start by saying I work in the hospitality industry and am very particular when it comes to my personal lodging choices. Like most everyone else, I also travel on a budget. This hotel is outstanding when it comes to the customer service, the rates, and the amenities. I have stayed here several times over the past couple years and every time my stays get better and better. The hotel has a perfect view of the ocean from either ocean front or ocean view rooms. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are spacious, the pool is clean and the hot tub is nice and piping hot! The maids are very accomodating and helpful when you need anything extra. I can honestly say that I would rather stay here than anywhere else on the beach! We will be back on Friday May 18th and look forward to our stay!

Thank you for your amazing southern hospitality!
Keisha Temple
Lexington NC

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. Since you are in the hospititality industry, you know how much work it takes to offer a clean, efficient room. We have great employees and they try very hard to make each guest enjoy their stay. We thank you again and we look forward to seeing you this weekend. Jane and Julie
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday beach trip. The owners were both so nice and accomodating. Our room was clean, bathroom was clean, and beds were very comfy. I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone who is looking for a cheap and clean place to stay. You really can't beat it for the price!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. We try to offer a clean room for an economical price. We look forward to your next visit. Jane and Julia.

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!