“front desk disaster” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area

You added Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3450 Hwy 17 Bypass South, Off Hwy 501 E 2.5 Miles S, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-6612   |
Ranked #129 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina Usa
“front desk disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed one night on 09/14/2011. The biggest complaint we had is that they lock the door leading from the rooms to the lobby at 10:30pm. and reopen at 5:30am. When I went to enter the door to the lobby, it was still locked, after 5:30am. I had to knock on the door to have the front desk clerk to open up! When I questioned him on this, since breakfast begins at 5:30, he replied he keeps it locked until guests start to enter. Also the day before, I asked the front desk clerk for an early morning wake up call and never received one. Luckily I was up, or we could have missed our flight.

Room Tip: I would look elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We arrived checked in and left to head to the beach with the kids...we returned around 10pm the kids went to bed. as we lay down my wife noticed something moving on the bed it was BED BUGS.....
Called down stairs and told them about it and was told there was nothing they could do tonite,but we could check out if we liked...they would not transfer us to another room nor would they send some one to change sheets clean rooms 0r anything till 8am the next morning...still they wanted us to check out if we were unhappy.... so we ended up sleeping in the car..it was labor day weekend and there were no more rooms available in the whole city...so we ended up sleeping in the CAR!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Based on what I saw, this seems to be a very popular hotel with families. It looked full, which says a lot considering the number of hotels in the Myrtle Beach area. As far as expectations, the hotel met them. The desk clerks were exceedingly friendly. I do wonder, though, why the lobby was noted as closed early in the evening (before 10 p.m.). The room was quiet and comfortable, with good workspace and a great bed that provided a good night's sleep. The shower was fine, with good height and good water pressure but a sluggish drain. The wireless Internet was incredibly fast, among the best I have seen in budget hotels. Any criticisms that I might lodge would relate to cleanliness, appearance and fixtures. To be fair, though, the hotel is in the midst of a renovation project. (The immediate vicinity also is undergoing construction.) I presume that whatever quibbles I might have will be resolved, so it's not useful to raise them here. This is a good hotel that should only get better!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We were looking for an affordable, decent place to stay in for less than 12 hours before we flew out of the MYR airport. We payed $71 total for one night with our AAA discount for 2 double beds. The hotel was very close to the airport, which is exactly what we were looking for. The doors were on the inside, instead of outside like most Super 8s, which was a pleasant surprise. Our room was on the second floor, and was very clean and nice. We expected a lot worse. The beds were very comfortable, and we had an overall great stay here. The breakfast was definitely not worth even stopping by, but that was not our main priority. Our hair dryer did end up dying, so the front desk clerk allowed me access to 2 vacant rooms to use theirs. I'm not sure if they usually keep those rooms vacant or allow them to be rented, but they were VERY musty and smokey smelling. I would have been very disappointed if those rooms were mine upon arriving, but like I said, I don't know if those rooms are always kept vacant. Overall, it was a great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Bucyrus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

While the beds were -extremely- comfortable, the hotel room was NOT very clean. The bathroom was dirty (needed to be swept, mopped, and DUSTED along the top of the shower!). The room also smelled like dirty socks. And it was LOUD. People slamming their doors, yelling in the middle of the night in the hallways. However, like I said, the beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning kept the room nice and cool on those hot Myrtle Beach nights. Also: the employees that worked at the front desk were -really- nice and helpful, offering us advice on where to visit in Myrtle Beach, where to get great food, and directions!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
camden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

well lets see where do i start.... the man who checked me in was nice. that was about it! the rooms were so small it was hard to move around with out bumping in to the beds! the remote we had would not work no the TV, like it wasn't programmed or something, then the clock time wasn't set. i booked two nights and i had to call them to tell them i was stayin the second night!!?? the pool was green! lets see what else, someone on our floor had a freaking chiuauah and the damn thing wouldn't quit barking, the people who stayed next to us were fighting and screaming all night and they were trowing stuff and the lady was yelling she was gonna beat his a**. i mean this was the worst of the worst hotel i have ever stayed at! not at all worth 126.00 a night!!!! not worth any type of money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thomasville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Not bad the staff was very nice. The guest's well some are rude slamming doors all hours of the night. I normally stay right on the beach but for a last minute trip it was just fine very comfortable King bed in my room makes me wish I had a king bed I think this bed was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in at a hotel . I did not see that this hotel had been renovated so I do not know what was meant by that. And I hope this is going to the correct Super 8 On Hwy 17 by the Coastal Mall they call it back gate................A few suggestions for breakfast apple juice and bagels. Great Staff and the King bed was the best for me..........

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area? Share your experiences!