My three girls and I stayed here for spring break. We asked for a higher room in the Palmetto tower, and that is exactly what we received. The view is awesome. We had a queen suite and everyone was able to have their own bed (using the pull down and sleeper sofa). The kitchen was well stocked.
This place has valet parking which was really good for me after grocery shopping. The parking deck is located across the street, just like many other Myrtle Beach hotels. My only complaint is that it appeared as if there was on one or two people working and sometimes it took long.
I didn't like any of the restaurants. Breakfast was just OK, but I enjoyed Friendly's breakfast better (down the street). Dinner was barely OK and it took a long time. After those experiences we went to the Food Lion and cooked in the room the remainder of the trip.
The water parks were cool, but really crowded. By the evening time the smell of chlorine was overpowering, so we chose to visit in the morning. We were there during a cold spell so traveling between the two buildings to visit both water parks was rough. It would be nice if they could have an adjoining tunnel so that you don't have to go outside in the cold when you are wet.
I would recommend this place for families. There are kids everywhere. I wouldn't come here with just adults. I'm not sure if I will come back during a busy time of year because of how crowded the parks were. This place is probably heaven during the off-season when most kids are still in school.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the WORLD'S top 1% of Hotels by Expedia Insider's Select 2008 and Voted #2 in Family Hotels in the UNITED STATES by Travelers Choice Awards, Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size waterslides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel