The indoor waterparks are truly the best within 150 miles. My little one was just in heaven. The water was perfect- very clean and very warm. There were also a number of games to play (ping pong, shuffleboard, miniature golf, video games and giant checkers). Honestly, considering it's winter, the amenities offered at this hotel/resort are the best in the area by far. If you have children or teenagers, they will absolutely love it. The only negative is the walk between the two waterparks (they are in different buildings). You have to walk across a narrow parking lot that doesn't appear to be owned by the hotel. It would just make this place ten times nicer if you didn't have to do that. A nice, heated walk through would be enormously appreciated by guests.
The resort was also very clean and nicely kept up. The room was nice. New granite counter tops and appliances, large bathroom, two flat screen tv's, but some of the furniture was a bit worn. Overall, the room was appointed well and clean.
The only real issues with the room were that it was designated non-smoking and when we arrived there was an obvious smokey smell. I was concerned but there was a cigarette repository (the large commercial kind) on the balcony. It just didn't make sense to me. Also, the walls are quite thin and it was noisy at night. We were near an elevator, so I would suggest a very high floor not near the elevator.
Hotel representatives were very polite, professional and helpful. The service was truly excellent.
We will probably return, lots of fun for children and families.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Hotel
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village
- Dunes Village Resort Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the WORLD'S top 1% of Hotels by Expedia Insider's Select 2008 and Voted #2 in Family Hotels in the UNITED STATES by Travelers Choice Awards, Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size waterslides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Amex, Stentorian NV, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.