First off I have read many reviews regarding many properties locations and restaurants. It is my experience that with even the nicest places you can't please everyone. I have only posted one other review and that was for an Amalfi Coast tour by Joe Bananas that was over the top excellent. This is the second one I have posted and it is in reply to the post "Just Okay, Overrated dated November 12th.
First off I can't believe it takes you that long to walk across the street because thats where the garage is. Secondly all during the daylight hours there is a free shuttle for those that don't like to walk and the people that man it are as nice as you will ever see.
We stayed at the Palms and our klds and grandchildren were at the Palmetto. I guess it's just taste but we thought the waterpark at the Palmetto was nicer. The walk back and forth was sometimes nice and sometimes brisk but it was only about thirty yards. As far as the chlorine well I for one after seeing all the young children in the water was happy to see they liberally use the chemical if you know what I mean.
We were at the hotel for a month and the staff was excellent. We were always greeted courteously . The room although not new was clean and everything was well looked after.
This is an extremely popular property that is well used and the staff aims to please. I think anyone who looks at the reviews for this property should look at the majority of them and then decide for yourselves if this property is worth staying at. It certainly was for our family.
(As a post script we have been going to Myrtle Beach since 1979 as many as four times a year and we feel this hotel is right up there for the price as one of our favourite locations in Myrtle Beach.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the WORLD'S top 1% of Hotels by Expedia Insider's Select 2008 and Voted #2 in Family Hotels in the UNITED STATES by Travelers Choice Awards, Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size waterslides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel