Just stayed at the Dune Village Resort for 5 nights. Pleasant helpful staff. We have two children ages 4 and 10 who enjoyed the water parks, children's activities, beach, pools, hot tubs and lazy river. They also enjoyed the mini golf and bean bag toss. Double room was spacious enough for a short stay. Kitchen was ok but slightly awkward in its location just inside the door. Bathroom was ok but shower area was starting to show its age. Hotel staff and housekeeping were responsive. Plenty of towels at the water park. Parking deck was not a big deal as some reviews complain. Chlorine in the water park and pools was also not a big deal or as strong as some have suggested.
Did not eat in the restaurants so have no comment. Location of the resort was perfect, away from the central craziness and beaches not as crowded even during spring break. Work out facility was adequate. Grocery store within 1/2 mile. Beds were average.
The resort was probably not as luxurious as I had expected but we were never in our room long enough for it to really make a difference. Water pressure for shower was weak. Overall had a good experience here.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Hotel
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village
- Dunes Village Resort Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the WORLD'S top 1% of Hotels by Expedia Insider's Select 2008 and Voted #2 in Family Hotels in the UNITED STATES by Travelers Choice Awards, Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size waterslides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, MyrtleBeachHotels, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, MyrtleBeachHotels, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.