“the magnificent dolphin” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Dolphin Motel
You added Dolphin Motel to your Saves list
1505 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #187 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“the magnificent dolphin”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2006

my stay at the dolphin was straight from a horror movie! Half of the lights did not work, the door would not shut all the way, and if you got the door shut you had a wonderful veiw of the parking lot through the massive crack at the top of the door. The window was duct taped up which made for another breathtaking view. But the best was the manditory feet cleaning via garden hose. But if it did have an upside, it was the closest you can come to staying beachfront for next to nothing.

• Stayed July 2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

I really love Myrtle, and every time I go there with any of my friends, we always stay at the Dolphin. It is cheap, clean, and has a very friendly staff. I'm sure there are a billion different hotels to choose from, but I'd choose the Dolphin over them all.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2004

Whoever rated the Dolphin as "cozy" and a "palace" ostensibly grew up in a pig sty or had way too much to drink or hasn't yet recovered from the hangover. Nothing (and I mean NOTHING) in the rooms has been updated in several decades. The shower was so disgusting that I was ankle deep in water after one minute. Two of the three electrical outlets malfunctioned. There was so much sand in the carpets that I felt as if I was still on the bizeach. They tried to make the toilets appear clean by putting a generic "safety seal" around the seat, but when we lifted the seat there was waste remaining from the previous occupant. And lastly, the soap they provided caused my roommate to break out in the worst case of hives I've ever seen.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2003

Our relatives stayed here ove 20 years ago and thought it was a nice place. How things change. Looked like nothing had been updated in 20 years. Old sink sitting along side the motel, along other trash was not a great first impression, only about 12 TV stations, not even weather channel. Had to leave a room key deposit even though I paid with a credit card (they do not take American Express). You also had to pay for ice. The swimming pool to use is across a street at another motel.
About the only thing positive was the price, and I'm certain you can get something better for $59. I almost left after getting to the room, even though I already paid. Stay away.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2003

I want to say that my stay at the Dolphin Motel was very nice, and the staff made sure we were comfortable. Me an two friends stayed there from May 23-25 during BLACK BIKE WEEK. My opinion is that i will return to BLACK BIKE WEEK again, and i hope to stay at the DOLPHIN MOTEL again also. The area was prime an central to all the fun an festivities of this event, and we couldn't have found a better spot the whole time. I would appreciate any coupons or discounts that are available to me on staying again, and i will make use of them each year i return. Thanks, Joseph Taylor

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2003

We have stayed at the Dolphin motel each year that we visit Myrtle Beach for Spring or Summer break! The staff is great and the rooms are...well decent. The overall experience was great...it is definetly affordable! And best of all great people stay there! (I met a few cuties..one from NY inpartucular).....LOVED IT!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2003

My toddler daughter and I stayed at the Dolphin for a week summer 2001. It was great. Despite the low, low prices, I felt safe and comfortable there. We were in walking distance of downtown Myrtle, the ocean, the park-with playground, the libray and the grocery store. I would definitely stay there again!

Been to Dolphin Motel? Share your experiences!