“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

$51 (USD)
Ranked #48 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2005

My wife, our two boys and I spent 3 wonderful nights at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort. The room was a North Ocean View 2 bedroom condo located on the 12th floor. Wow, what a view. The room was spotless and well decorated. It had plenty of room and was fully furnished with all our needs. The pools and lazy rivers were warm, clean and well maintained. The hot tubs,"HOT". The snack bar made delicious hamburgers and hot dogs. The staff, well they were also polite. Every staff member asked me how I was doing and if we needed anything. I delt with a very wonderful lady, Nivi Shroff. She is Director Of Quality Control & Home Owner Operations. I spoke with her a time or two concerning some questions I had. She answered my questions quickly and honestly. The resort is lucky to have a lady like Nivi Shroff. The resturant is very clean and the food is delicious. We rate the resort, Excellent. If their was a higher rating we would rate it higher. We will go back to the Grande Shores Ocean Resort later in the year for a longer stay. A week or even longer. The staff and resort made us feel at home. They made our trip a wonderful vacation to remember.Thanks to everyone at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort.

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2005

We just returned home from our stay at the Grande Shores. We loved everything!!! I don't recommend going the second week of May, though, if you are wanting HOT weather. It stayed mostly 75 during the hottest part of the day and the nights were cool (high 50's and low 60's). Anyway, back to the motel......We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo for four nights. This came equipped with a fully stocked kitchen, 2 bedrooms/bathrooms and a living room/dining room combo. Our room was #324, so it was on the lower level like I have read some other people talking about. But, I found this room very new and clean. No kidding. We couldn't ask for better. Our only complaint, and this is petty, is that we had to turn on the water in the bathtubs for about 5 minutes to get hot water. But no big deal. We at first thought our hot water was out so we called the front desk. No longer than 2 minutes went by and maintaince called and told us that because of the time of year that we went that there was not a lot of people on our floor so no hot water had been pumping up there, which makes perfect since. Then 5 min. later he even called back to make sure we did have the hot water. As a matter of fact, any time we called they always called back to make sure that everything was perfect for our stay. I LOVED IT THERE. It definately made the 12 long hours we drove there worth it.

• Stayed May 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

Nice hotel, right on the beach, great rate but everyday either a hot tub, pool or lazy river was not working. The 6th floor pool was never working our 7 days there. The March break students ruined a nice vacation at a family type hotel. We'd had enough and left one day early. Even with a 24 hour notice, NO refunds. We won't go back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2005

My family stayed there the weekend of March 11 and had a wonderful time. Staff was very helpful in booking our reservation. Went out their way in finding a room when we decided to extend our stay last minute. We stayed on the second floor efficiency room which was clean, bathroom had some noticable wear but still clean. The only negative comment I can make about the room is the the fridge had a bad odor, couldn't keep food in there. The pools were clean, it was a nice surprise to find out the outdoor pools were heated as well. Parking was convenient, was able to park right next to our room. Hotel was exceptionally quiet for being fully booked. Planning on going back next month!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2005

A friend and I went on a golf package at the end of November 2004. We had looked intensively on the internet for the best bargain we could find but no other hotel even came close to what Grande Shores gave us. 6 nights and 6 days of golf on some of the top courses (Caledonia, True Blue, Tidewater...) in the area for less than $500. Accomodations were simply perfect, clean, quiet, and the staff was very polite and helpful. Plenty of parking available. My best trip to M.B. in 20 years. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

I rarely bother with offering opinions but the Grande Shores is a great deal. We were honestly suspicious of the low price - we would have expected to pay double/triple to have an ocean front room. It offers everything it advertises - great ocean front rooms, pools, etc. Not luxurious but clean with a great view, good beds, nice bathroom, good service and beach front. Close to every amenity we required. I walked to the bakery every morning. Grocery, drug store, etc. within walking distance (.4 mile). The best purchase we have made in a while.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2005

My mom, stepdad, and I stayed there last year for my birthday..... the staff was very nice , the room was very clean, the pool and the lazy river was clean too, the beach was beautiful from the floor we stayed on. We are planning to go back this year again.

Been to Grande Shores Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!