“Great weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Prospect Hill
“Great weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was very pleased with the Grande Shores Resort. I'm a tour guide so I'm very skeptical when it comes to staying at a new place. My oceanview room was clean; with a great view, comfortable beds and pillows. Nice pool, jacuzzi, lazy river on the 7th floor. STAFF WONDERFUL! --- from reservations, to the front desk, to housekeeping. Any requests I had were taken care of immediately and then a follow-up phone call to my room to make sure (how's that for customer service). Front desk very knowledgeable regarding any questions I had and helpful --- very pleasant. Trust me, I'm in customer service everyday and I know good service when I get it.

The grounds on the oceanfront were very pleasing to the eye. Well-kept lawn with beautiful Knock-Out roses in bloom.

The on-site restaurant was top-notch --- great food and staff.

I've already made reservations for a return trip in October.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with oceanview if you can't get oceanfront.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very friendly staff. The housekeeping was fantastic. Elevators a little slow. Would defiantly stay there again. Love the free DVD rental. TV was not up to par very limited channeled and the signal kept going out. WiFi was very clear and great signal.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you Dennis for your nice review and choosing Grande Shores. We have recently had an upgrade on our TV channels which will bring high definition to all our rooms and condos. That should take care of the issues you experienced. Glad to hear the internet was good for you. We have an upgrade on that as well over the winter months. Thank you for taking the time to review Grande Shores. We look forward to your return.
Saba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was a half mile, down the beach, from the conference I was attending (great commute). Excellent price and stunning location. I didn't give it 5 stars for a few small reasons: the menu at the onsite restaurant had nothing that a celiac (like myself) could eat so I either ate elsewhere or brought food in and stored it in the fridge in the room. A little disappointing for such a large facility, but understandable. It would be nice to have a screen door on the patio so that we could enjoy the sound of the waves at night. The pools were very clean, as were the rooms, and overall this place is an excellent place to enjoy time on Myrtle Beach. I loved sitting in the hot tub on the upper level in the evening, and enjoying the stars at night with the sound of the ocean in the background. Great spot and wonderful staff here. Everyone was very friendly.

Room Tip: If you stay on the ocean view rooms, try to get a room from the 6th floor or lower, it allows an uno...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing us and for your great review. It sounds like this was your first stay with us. We love making new friends. I will make sure the entire staff sees your review. I am really happy you had the time to enjoy our 7th floor. It is unusual for a resort to have such a large space for "star gazing". Those hot tubs just can't be beat after a long day of vacationing. Please return soon and often!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Everything is how they mention. Check in is fast and easy with friendly staff. I really loved the kitchenette and the balcony. The resort is so peaceful. The elevators (3) works properly and fast. I highly recommend this resort to anyone that has it in mind.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We just can't hope for a better review and knowing you found Grande Shores "awesome" is exactly what we hope to hear from a guest. Thank you so much for your great review and for recommending on Trip Advisor. We know there are many resort choices in Myrtle Beach and having you choose us means so much. Again, thank you and please return soon.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our baseball team has stayed at Grande Shores for the last several years during spring break.
It is an outstanding resort, with accommodations for large groups since they have a variety of rooms to choose from. The location to many local attractions and for us the baseball fields, is very nice. The pools are nice, rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Rodney, thank you for being a return guest. We really enjoy having the baseball teams and families at the resort. Having families and children at the resort makes everything come alive. Our staff enjoys having lots of people to serve and it makes coming to work a joy. Please return soon and until then we hope you and your family enjoys "many home runs" .
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our 5th winter at the Grande Shores and just love the location. You are in walking distance to grocery stores and restaurants.

Love having our morning coffee on the balcony watching the sun rise over the ocean.

A special thank you to the front desk as every time we called for something, they responded within 15 minutes, and the cleaning staff for doing an excellent job of cleaning our suite each week.

Nice to see all the work going on at the Grande Shores and that it will be all completed soon.

Only thing to complain about was a problem with one of the hot tubs not working on the 7th floor.

Best place to stay is an oceanfront suite above the 8th floor to see the ocean with the dolphins swimming by and the pelicans flying so close to the balcony you could reach out and touch them. Bye for now and see you next year.

PS Love the free movies in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Reading your review made me smile. It's so wonderful knowing you left feeling so positive about your winter visit with us. We do share our Trip Advisor comments with the staff and I know yours will make them smile also. Thank you for choosing us and for planning your return visit already. All our outside work you noticed while here has been completed and we are so happy to offer a new and improved Grande Shores for the guests. Thank you again. Have a warm and happy summer. We look forward to seeing you again this winter.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just returned from a 3 nights stay at this hotel. The best part was the accessibility to the beach and the affordability, but other then that I was not pleased. The room seemed to stay humid and the air conditioner was not doing much. Made enough noise go where I had to turn it off in the middle of the night to get some sleep, just to be awaken by the warm temp on the room and have to turn it back on. The hotel as a whole is in desperate need of upgrades, from the indoor pools, to the out door pools to the parking garage and of course the rooms themselves. Maybe it was because I didn't rent a condo, we were given the old unattended leftovers of the hotel management. The parking spaces are ridiculously tight in the parking garage, hard to maneuver if you in a rental and very cautious of bumps and scratched. To top it all off, one of the cleaning people asked me " What all do you want me to do in here" it was a strange question to me as I expected them to know " what all needed to be done" automatically... Looking around to room if was quite obvious. The rental started off kinda shaky, when I booked online a nights stay as deposit was supposed to be put on my card, however the front desk charged the entire stay.. Good thing I made it there!! The first night I was quite unsettled about the room, but I tried my best to not let it ruin my vaca.. Next time sticking with 4 Stars or more..

Stayed April 2015

Been to Grande Shores Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!