“back again!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“back again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

when we decided to go on vacation this year, my husband wanted to come back to the Grande Shores ...if we could get the SAME room that we had last year! I thought that would be impossible...however, when i called to check on it, they were able to do it ! He was beyond excited! And the kids LOVE the fact that the pool was right outside the door...and they could come in and out anytime they wanted to! It was another great trip this year!

Room Tip: 7th floor has its own pool access from the balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am so happy to see you enjoyed being on the 7th floor. Many families enjoy the convenience of stepping right out onto the deck. It does make it convenient when you have little ones who want to spend most of the day in the pool or lazy river. We do appreicate you taking the time to review Grande Shores and hope to have the privilege of serving you again soon. Thank you and safe and happy traveling to you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I took my four children, 3, 8, 14, and 16 to Grande Shores for five days/four nights. We had a pool view eff room, smack dab in the middle. We could see the ocean from our room. Our porch opened up to the pool deck and was directly across from the beach access, so it was perfect for us since we had toys and chairs to carry. The outdoor showers were also placed perfectly for us to rinse off after hitting the beach. The room was nice, the fridge really helped us out! We had breakfast and lunch in the room, and went out for dinner. Location is really perfect, away from the craziness of the Myrtle Beach boardwalk. Close to Broadway, the Boardwalk, Barefoot Landing, putt putt, everything within 5-10 minute drive. Pool and lazy river are smaller than what we thought, but my kids still enjoyed it. We mainly go for the ocean anyway so not a big deal for us. We only particapated in a couple of the kids' activities, but the ones we did we all really enjoyed. We were shown how to find shark teeth and we spent the last day searching all morning! My youngest daughter found over 30! We had perfect weather all week!
No bed bugs, definitely a factor in us deciding to stay here.
Our biggest issue was with parking. The garage parking spaces are small, especially when you drive an SUV like myself. We had a difficult time finding a spot large enough for us to park. Had my husband have been able to go with us parking probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but I'm not the best parker so I struggled. lol
Other than parking we had no other major issues and would definitely consider staying again.

Room Tip: For us it was worth it to splurge for the kitchen. It's nice being able to save money and eat at...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
So happy to see your enjoyed the 7th floor pool deck. It can be very convenient when you have children and lots to carry. Thank you for the review. it means a lot to us. There are many accommodation choices in Myrtle Beach and we appreicate you choosing Grande Shores. Thank you again for being our guest.
Clifton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a great rental experience at the Grand Shores Resort. We stayed in a 3 bedroom on the 7th floor. #732 . Clean and well equipped full kitchen. Great views from the living area and bedroom. This is an older building but had everything we needed. the pools and access to ocean was excellent. We rented chairs and an umbrella from the lifeguard making the beach pleasant with a 2yo. No issues with parking. Convienent to shopping and area attractions. The resort has an indoor and out door pool. We utilized both. I liked that we were right next to private homes and had a quiet place to walk besides the beach. I will definitely come back....

Room Tip: great view of sunrise from our room on the 7th floor and could walk out to deck easily from balcony...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It must be fun vacationing with a 2 year old. You definitely have to keep them occupied and ready for bed so you can enjoy some quiet time. Thank you for choosing us and please return soon.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a trip with my basketball team. Great view from my room. Staff was helpful. Elevators were steamy and parking slots in garage were very narrow for vans. Other than that, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I use tripadvisor reviews when I look for places to go for vacation. I have never typed a review on anywhere I have stayed. However I felt Grand Shores Ocean Resort's quality resort and service is worthy of sharing with tripadvisor.
We stayed in condo room #1235, just WONDERFUL! Has a wrap around balcony, plus a separate bedroom balcony. With being on the upper level, we had the great ocean view, along with privacy. We had a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo for 6 of us. Our unit also had a washer and dryer which was very convenient. We had everything needed in the condo to make it feel like home. Free wifi was nice to have too.The staff are all extremely nice and treat you special. The property has alot to offer. Very clean which is key for us. We felt totally safe in the area...also key, as my 17 year old daughter is a runner and we felt totally confident she was safe getting her 6 miles a day in that area. There is alot within walking distance and it is a short drive to anything you want to do in Myrtle Beach. There was the convenience of a safe, ours didnt work, we called them and service came very quickly, it only needed a new battery. I shattered a glass bowl all over the kitchen, i called for service to bring a vacuum and again, came right up very quickly. I HIGHLY recommend Grand Shores.

Room Tip: Try not to book a room on the levels with a pool. No privacy and can be a bit of a nuisance with chi...
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were in line behind four other check ins. Ebony was the only employee at this time working the front desk. She provided great customer service skills with such a positive attitude and smile. It took us about 30 mins to get check in but she showed such a positive attitude that I could not get a attitude for having to wait 30 mins. Thank you EBONY!!!!! I might add that some lady finally came out to assist Ebony with a check in but by the time the 30 min wait done.

Also our kitchen sink stopper was broke and I request a replacement. The turnaround was great.

Audrey Walton

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I shared your comment with Ebony today and she was all smiles. It really made her feel good to know you were so complimentary. She does have a very big smile and she shares it very freely with out guests and staff. We do appreciate her a great deal. Thank you for making Ebony's and our day for your great comment.
Heath Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. The pools, and lazy rivers were very nice. Oceanfront view from the balconies was great. Parking deck is compact and would not advise driving a large vehicle as parking is do able but difficult at times with a large vehicle. Hotel staff at front desk was very friendly upon arrival and departure. Hotel was very quiet and relaxing. Kids loved the lazy river and pools, enjoyed the ones located on the top of hotel as well. Overall experience was good at this resort and my family and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grande Shores Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!