“A good time at Grande Shores” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$149 (USD)
Ranked #43 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ajax
“A good time at Grande Shores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were part of a group that visited Myrtle Beach in April 2012. We stayed at Grande Shores and had a good time. The accomodations we had were a little tired but clean. The hotel was great and the staff very helpful. The lazy river and pool were great. The beach was clean but the weather was cool and the water cold. Enjoyed several days of golf and the girls had a good time visiting the local shops.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the north side or east side so you have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

921 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Lugoff, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It’s been a while since my wife and I had been to Myrtle Beach. Our last stay at the Grand Shores was memorable, but for all the wrong reasons. I must say, however, things have improved… greatly. I’ve had a number of communications with the GM who, evidently, realized that there was truth in my claims and that I’m not just another cranky old man; though that may be true. There have been many, many improvements since our last stay. Besides a fresh coat of paint and some new chairs and awnings, I’ve noticed that the vast majority of their efforts have been directed towards structural and mechanical issues. These are the things that the vast majority of people take for granted and don’t notice until something goes wrong.

As an SC licensed building inspector, I can attest to the difficulty of maintaining any commercial property; let alone one of this age, size, and especially one situated right on the ocean front. They have done an excellent job. My compliments to Debbie and her crew: Well done.

For those who’ve never stayed here before, I urge you to give it a try. It’s clean, quiet, reasonably priced and neither too close nor too far from the bustling crowd of downtown Myrtle Beach. Even though it’s 25 miles from Brookgreen Gardens, which is the primary reason we visit Myrtle Beach, for us it’s well worth the inconvenience, and the only place we’ll stay on our semi-annual visits to the area.

Enjoy your stay. God bless.

Room Tip: My wife and I like ocean front rooms on the 3rd floor or above. It’s a bit quieter when the hotel is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I was so pleased to read this review. I do remember speaking with this past guest. It does not get better than having a guest return to a better experience and wanting to return to our resort. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit Trip Advisor and I certainly appreicate you returning to Grande Shores. It's a little rainy today so Brookgreen Gardens will be happy for the drink of water. Thank you again.
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I checked in for a month stay.I had requested the unit I was in last year. It was nicely updated, granite in the kitchen, flat screen tv's, and a table on the balcony where you could spread your newspaper,sit with hot tea and read. However, I recieved the unit that I had the year before....one I did not like. I thought oh well...I'll survive. On entering the room, I had to call the front desk as the refrigerater was not working. After checking around, I found everything in this unit had been unplug....tvs, lamps, microwave,and clocks. After several hours the freezer was getting cold and I had replugged and reset everything in this unit.On top of that they are recently painted trim work in the unit and there was a heavy paint smell in the unit. Not good for my allergies, but again I thought I would survive. Here I sit a week later....no water. Can't take a shower, brush my teeth or wash my breakfast dishes.I phoned the front desk and they said that they would send someone up to fix the problem. That was an hour ago. I thought surely this is not just my unit,so I recalled the front desk to see what was up and they said they know there is a problem, they just need to figure out what is causing it. For some reason...I'm not reassured. I hope the rest of this month goes better. I will not return to this property next November.I come down for the month to just relax and be stress free and it's not happening at this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Sorry this guest did not receive the specific condo she wanted. I checked to see why and saw the owner of the condo was scheduled to stay one week during the month and make it impossible to offer to this guest for that reason. Our homeowners do enjoy visiting in the slower season. I do apologize that we did have to cut off the hot water to replace a defective part in our boiler room. This is never something we want to do, but must be done when needed. Service was restored quickly that day. We do apologize for the inconvenience and that our front desk seems to be less than well informed about the repair. We do appreicate guests choosing us. We do work hard to make their stays enjoyable. This guest will be contacted to make sure she is comfortable. I appreciate the imput.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I really enjoy coming to the Grande Shores Hotel. One main feature we always partake in whenever we come here is the Ripleys Aquarium. This hotel always have dicounted prices for it's guests, and the heated indoor pools, awesome. 10 thumbs up.

Room Tip: My family and I stayed in both, ocean front condo, and an ocean veiw condo the both times we were th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
smithville, ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our first visit to Myrtle Beach. We came with our two 20 plus year old daughters and had a two bedroom condo with ocean view. It was definitely a home away from home. The kitchen had all the utensils,pans, plates, cups & glasses needed so if you wanted to stay only at the hotel you could. We enjoyed the hot tubs on our floor. Even though the temperatures outside were cool the pool was heated so that we enjoyed them every afternoon. Loved the long walks along the beach. The exercise room was great too! All in all a fantastic experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I took my 80 y/o mother and her friend to Myrtle Beach and stayed at the Grande Shores. Everyone wanted their own room so we rented a three bedroom ocean front. It was well decorated, clean, and everything worked. The location was very good with many nice restaurants close by. The price was very good as it was off season. The beach was great with seating on grassy spots for those who don't like sand. The pools were clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this resort but always ask to see the room first, I have found that no two are alike. We got lucky! Had a great time.

Room Tip: Always look at the room before renting.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was our 4th stay at Grande Shores. We love the location, right at the north end of the hotel strip, next to a residential area. It is quiet and relaxing, yet very convenient to everything. Walking distance to several restaurants and groceries. We love the ocean front efficiency rooms and the price is very reasonable. The staff are always very friendly and helpful, any small issues we've had (missing sink stopper, plugged drain) were corrected very quickly. We have recommended Grande Shores to family and friends, and all have been very happy with their stays as well.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are worth the price difference, the efficiency units are very spacious, so unl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grande Shores Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!