“Spring beach vacation March 2015” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Reef Resort

You added Crown Reef Resort to your Saves list
Crown Reef Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2913 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Crown Reef at South Beach Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Up to 35% off Spring!
Ranked #93 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Spring beach vacation March 2015”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Excellent customer service; staff very nice and helpful; resort breakfast buffet delicious , clean rooms and spaciouis rooms. Location was right off highway and all rooms are ocean front. Resort has waterpark with pools and hot tubs all over.

Room Tip: Clean with excellent customer service.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Chose this hotel for the outdoor waterpark for the children. Brought them with me on buisness just to give them a waterpark play day which they had to miss a day of school for. Checked in late evening while it was pouring rain.Got up early to a sun filled morning so the children could be there at 9 when the facilities opened only to find out that everything but the indoor pool and hottubs were closed for maintenance. Very dissapointed as this was our first visit to the Crown Reef. My luck. Room and everything else was fine. Nice balcony view. The breakfast buffet / coffee shop on site was busy understaffed. Wait to order and pick up was very long.

Stayed April 2015
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed in Tower One on the 9th floor, and the rooms were disgusting. Our first room had a broken toilet seat, urine or feces stained mattress, and either dried poop or blood on the bathroom wall. We were given another room, that room had a clogged tub, dirty linens, the room was dusty. None of the vending machines worked on the resort. There was an issue with my kids arcade card. There was this horrible smell near the glass elevator. Crown Reef Resort is a piece of crap. We were told that the resort had been recently remodeled, I didn't see anything there that was remodeled. I can go on and on. We will NEVER EVER stay there again. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, and the ocean view was nice.

Brittany J, Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Rechelle409

Thank you for your detailed feedback and I appreciate you taking the time out to write us a review. It is with great disappointment that I note our inability to meet your expectations and for that I would like to sincerely apologize. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and have been brought to the attention of all management staff on property. Feedback such as yours is beneficial in our ever growing quest to be the top resort in Myrtle Beach.

Brittany Jackson
Assistant Front Office Manager
Mentor, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Except for the view of the ocean this place is a dump. The hotel is so outdated and dirty, I don't want to touch anything. I would never stay here again, even if this was the only place left on the beach. The so called waterpark really isn't a water park at all. It's very unsafe, the pipes, etc are all exposed, anyone can get into it. Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Gilmanton, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we arrived, we had travelled nearly 20 hours. The girl who checked us in was Marisa. Total lack of customer service and maturity. When we got to the front desk, we at least expected a smile. No smile," no welcome to our hotel" . It seemed like we were bothering her. We had booked two rooms. One for my husband and I and the other for my mom and the kids. She messed up the billing and then got an attitude, snapped back at me and said she billed exactly as I told her, which she did not. We were 1/2 hour early checking in and refused to check us in early. We asked her a few questions and was very short and did not answer us with anything helpful. She forgot to give us cards for the kids to play in the arcade which we paid for in advance. She said we did not buy any, I showed her my print out and then she gave us the cards, which were worth only $10, not $25. When we discovered this, office was closed. Arcade was ok. No tickets were given out when my kids won, but I guess that was ok... the prize booth only had spider rings and penny prizes.
The rooms were clean. They did run out of coffee one morning, but promised to bring me up some when the truck came in with more... and they did.
The pools were nice, a little run down, but the first day my kids had a great time. Second day, they emptied the lazy river for the rest of our vacation. My son was disappointed, my daughter was ok with it because when she came out of the pool on the first day, her whole body was covered in welts from the chlorine, or whatever was in the pools. She swims a lot and had never had a reaction like that before.
We spent most of the time going out. Overall, the rooms were clean and had everything you needed. Customer service was very poor. I really don't feel like being snapped at after travelling all day.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Tess p, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Shoshianne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. Your attention to detail is graciously welcomed as it allows us to take ownership of our downfalls. I can assure you customer service is one of core values and we try to provide each and every guest with great service. I sincerely apologize that we let you down. I'm thrilled to hear that the room was great and the kids enjoyed themselves at the resort.

Have a great day!
Tess Pariseau
Front Office Manager
Groveland, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time staying at this resort. We got a groupon for it and it was WELL worth the money. The first room we checked into had not been cleaned. We called the front desk and they immediately switched the room to down the hall with no hesitation and even gave us free breakfast passes for the inconvenience! The new room was very clean, the room service was wonderful (always had plenty of clean towels and she even washed our dishes!) The view was awesome! Although we had a few palm trees slightly blocking our view of the beach but I can't even complain about that! The beds were very comfortable, and we loved falling asleep to the sound of waves. There are a ton of pools and hot tubs and the water slides were a blast! I loved that the beach was just a walk from the pool. The hotel is beautiful at night when you are driving up to it! All lit up purple! The only complaints that I do have are minor. There are no real hallways to the rooms, you are basically next to the parking lot. So you do hear a lot of noise coming from people getting out of their cars, it is also convenient though because you are just a short walk to your car. The parking lots are very inconvenient and very tight to park an SUV in. Also, there was construction every morning right outside our window that woke us up around 8, but that is understandable because I know it is about to be their busy season and they are just trying to get the outside ready! Also, the floor surrounding the pool is a bit dirty, however, it would simply take a good pressure washing to be cleaned! Overall, this is a great hotel for families, especially during the busy season when I'm sure there won't be construction. There are a lot of horrible reviews of this hotel, but I'm not sure why. Especially when they say the rooms aren't clean! Ours was spotless.

Brittany J, Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Brittany J.,

Many thanks for such warm compliments. We were happy to have you join us and especially delighted to hear our team was able to provide you and your family with an enjoyable stay. Your review is very much appreciated and helps us to continue maintaining our efforts to offer you an exceptional stay. We strive to provide each guest with an exciting, fun-filled and enjoyable vacation experience and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Crown Reef. We hope to have you back soon!

Brittany Jackson
Assistant Front Office Manager
Lillington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited this resort in March. They reason we choose this particular hotel was because of the indoor water slide. We were celebrating my sons 8th bday and he loves the water. We were overall pleased with the resort. Our room was clean and we didn't have any issues with it, the beds slept well. The restaurant/ bar has a variety of food choices and not bad to taste. Me and my husband had drinks and appetizers one night and brought the kids back the next night. They have a game room adjacent from the bar that has a lot of games for the kids. The slides were up and running and the kids loved them. Hot tubs a plus. The only complaint I can say is that upon check in, we were redirected to a building across the street, the convention center I think. That was a little hassle but other than that everything was good.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Juanita,

Many thanks for such warm compliments. We were happy to have you join us and hope your son had a great 8th birthday. We love to make our guests happy and were thrilled to hear we did just that. Glad to hear that the children loved the arcade and the water slides. We look forward to you coming back in the future!

Thanks
Tess Pariseau
Front Office Manager

Been to Crown Reef Resort? Share your experiences!