“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Reef Resort

You added Crown Reef Resort to your Saves list
Crown Reef Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2913 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Crown Reef at South Beach Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$20 Game Card Special!
Ranked #94 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend and I stayed 1 night in an Oceanfront King Jacuzzi Suite. I have visited family staying there but we had not stayed before. I was greeted at the front desk by Chandra who was very friendly and efficient. She had me checked in in less than 5 minutes. She also called about 30 minutes after we got in the room to make sure we had everything we needed and that our room was ok.
We requested a high floor and our room was on the top floor so we were very happy. The hotel has undergone some renovations and we were very happy with our room. The king bed was very comfortable, we both slept very well.
The kitchen had gorgeous granite counter tops and new appliances. We picked up dinner on the way so we didnt cook but we did have everything we needed as far as utensils.
We did take advantage of the indoor heated pool and hottubs. We didnt go on the water slides but they looked like a lot of fun and there were some kids having a ball on them.
We also used the jacuzzi tub and it was awesome! It looked a little small but it was very comfortable anx relaxing.
Overall we had no complaints at all, we were extremely pleased with our stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Tess p, General Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear kristib22,

Thank you very much for your kind review, it really means a lot to us when our guests write about their stay with us. We were thrilled to hear how much you and your boyfriend enjoyed the resort facilities. We are glad to hear Chandra was so friendly and efficiant. We hope to see you again in the future, and thank you again for your kind words and for choosing Crown Reef Resort. We wish you the very best.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
norton, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice hotel. Has the best lazy river. Also has nice game room, bar and vey friendly staff. Emma in housekeeping was awesome. Front desk people were great. Easy check in. Went off season so rates were really good. Great view of ocean.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Tess p, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
James,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear you had an amazing experience. Our staff strives on making sure each and every one of our guests have a fun filled vacation with us. I will be sure to let Emma and the staff know how much you enjoyed them while you were here. We look forward to many more stays with you in the future!

Have a great day!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed 5 days 4 nights and was unhappy from day 1! The price turned out to be way too expensive for the place considering there are other nicer hotels up the beach for same price! We had issues with people staying in rooms above us. They threw food over the side of the hotel on our vehicle! It was just a disaster! We reported it to the manager and he in so many words said there was nothing he could do!!?? I will never stay there again!! If my business is not appreciated I take it elsewhere!!

• Stayed July 2014
Tess p, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear acmadc,

We are so sorry to hear of your less than average experience during your four night stay with us. Please be assured we appreciate you and your business. There appears to have been a misunderstanding as we are certainly able to respond to safety and security issues such as the one you reported. Apparently we were not able to identify the person you described and no further issues occurred such that we were able to identify the responsible party ourselves. Thankfully the problem you reported is not a common occurrence. We hope you will give us another chance to earn your business. If so, please feel free to contact me or another manager directly as we would be more than happy to offer something extra to help make up for this past stay. We wish you the very best.

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is a joke of a hotel. The front desk is across the street from the actual hotel, what sense does that make? They have a guest services on the resort side but it was closed, so when the room key got demagnetized, we had to walk across the street in the cold. The Loco Gecko was ridiculously overpriced and I would have gotten better food at McDonald's. They had advertised the arcade, the ice cream shop, and the 'grab and go' but they were closed. Their directories had not been updated so nothing was where it said it was. I'm not really sure what makes it a "resort" but a glorified motel is what it really is. The employees that helped us were great, it just seems like management seemed to make decisions without the guest in mind.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Tess p, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jessica S,

We are thankful for you and for your review of Crown Reef Resort and our great employees. We are sorry to hear it seemed like management made decisions without the guest in mind. We certainly value all our guests and we are sorry your experience was not better. Our second guest services office is closed for December, but is open regularly during spring, summer and fall. Similarly, our food outlets and arcade may have reduced hours of operation during the winter (in this case they were open only until 9:00 PM, except for Loco Geco which was open until after Midnight on Saturday). We hope you can imagine how nice it is to have guest registration across the street during our peak season – even now we feel blessed to have such a large conference center and guest registration area. On those few occasions where our ocean front guest service office is closed, we are more than happy to come to you with keys or any other service we offer. We are sorry you were not impressed with the food at Loco Geco. We certainly take all feedback very seriously and aim to minimize or eliminate bad customer experiences as best we can. We hope you will consider a return visit as we will be more than happy to do what we can to make up for this less than average experience and win your loyalty.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our baseball team just stayed here this weekend, 12/5/14-12/7/14 for a tournament. The waterslides were fun for the kids but the hotel itself is disgusting. Serious infestation of cockroaches! The indoor pool area in Tower 2 was the worst I have ever seen in my life. You will see 10-12 at a time crawling around. The Loco Gheko Bar and Restaurant is not good either. Food was cooked to death but cold when it came out. Had I seen the roaches prior to eating, I would have never eaten at the hotel. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014
CBPate,

Thank you for feedback, i do sincerely appreciate your time in writing this detailed review on your stay with us. We are encouraging our guests to make sure their sliders are closed as South Carolina is known for the palmetto bug. When a balcony door has been left open for some time these bugs are known to come in, this is why we encourage the sliders to be closed when not on the balcony. We would love to have you back in the future and will take all of your feedback and address all concerns to ensure we are providing the most enjoyable vacation ever!

Thanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our trip to the Crown Reef Resort in myrtle beach was fantastic! The rooms are so nice there and the staff is so amazing and friendly! We absolutely enjoyed the restaurant Loco Gecko. Their food is so amazing! My kids loved the water park as well! We will definitely be going back to visit again!

Stayed December 2014
Stacie,

We truly enjoyed reading your review and i kindly thank you for have taken the time to write it. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and are happy to hear that we were successful with doing so during your stay. The water park has been a big hit for all of our guests and we are happy to hear you had a great time and will be sure to let the chef know how much you enjoyed the food. We can't wait to see you again in the near future. Once again thank you for choosing Crown Reef for all of your vacation needs!

Woodstock, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have waited five days since I have contacted the resort to give them enough time to respond to my stay last week. I would like to start with the positive I loved my room I was at an end unit so I had extra windows which was nice, we also thought the room was very clean and the beds were very comfy even the murphy bed had a nice mattress on it! I enjoyed my in room garden tub with jets. Now where things went wrong I purchased breakfast buffet three out of the four mornings which was $36 for my family each day I paid in advance when we went to breakfast the first morning there was no buffet we were told that buffet was only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to just order what ever we wanted off of the menu. Oh also they have just recently moved the breakfast area to the Oceanfront Grab and Go area which is in the direct sunlight so I had to keep my sun glasses on through breakfast and my poor husband sweated his way through it each morning! On each table was a bowl of creamers on day one we open our cream for the coffee and it floated up to the top curdled! Nasty Nasty! We told the server and she corrected the problem my kids asked for orange juice well we were told there was no juice we could have soda or coffee! Am I the only one who does not want to give their child caffeine for breakfast? The food took a very long time to arrive however we were in no hurry but I felt bad for the waitress she had no help at all there is a huge understaffing issue! Each morning we had the same issue with the coffee cream, and each morning there was no juice, and each morning there was no buffet including Friday and Saturday. It got to the point that after day two of spoiled cream I just ordered a soda! Our last day came that I had paid for breakfast and the waitress was telling us how sorry she was for the service and the food quality because we had sent it back ice cold that she said she would do better the next day I said we didn't purchase breakfast for Sunday she said please come tomorrow and enjoy breakfast on us! This was a very nice gesture from her however we left the next morning and went to IHop! Now when purchasing the room we were told there was an indoor waterpark area, I thought awesome the kids are going to love this! NOT!!! The children went down the slide two times each why only two times in four days? Well that is because there was no heat in the indoor water park area and it was freezing cold! If your park attendant is watching the water slides and she is wearing a thick coat and has one of your resort towels as a blanket it is cold!!!! My kids begged us not to go to the water park! I would like to say that the renovations are nice however not complete, and if you sell a buffet breakfast you should have a buffet! If you sell an indoor water park put heat in there!!! I am very dissappointed in my stay and as stated I went to the resort website and left a message informing them of all my problems and have not after five days gotten a response. I go to Myrtle beach every four months and have tried many different resorts, we had our hopes up and we were let down by Crown Reef!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear MarJen R,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your detailed feedback as this will help us take action to consistently deliver a better product and service. We are so sorry that your experience was not as good as that of our typical guest. The restaurant service issues appear to be an anomaly and an easy fix. As far as the heat for the water park, we just completed the installation of heat and assure you that we agree with your comments and have resolved this issue. We hope you will consider a return trip as we would appreciate the opportunity to make up for your less than average experience. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with your reservation if you would like to return. We wish you the best and thank you again for your valued feedback.

Front Office Manager

Been to Crown Reef Resort? Share your experiences!