“We are returning for third time to Crown June 2015” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Reef Resort

You added Crown Reef Resort to your Saves list
Crown Reef Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2913 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Crown Reef at South Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$20 Game Card Special!
Ranked #92 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“We are returning for third time to Crown June 2015”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We've been to the Crown Reef for two separate one weeks stays, 2013 (May) and 2012 (April). The review options didn't allow me to choose those dates so ignore the Dec 2013. Both stays were prior to the recent recent renovations. We have reservations to return first week of June 2015. It may not be the plush, all spankin' new digs you pay far more for in the mid to north area of MB...but we like being there for many reasons that mean a lot to us; It's at the southernmost end of the strip, it's very close to Murrell's Inlet (we usually go there 2 or 3x during a stay), the area has many separately owned/operated amenities on the beach right in front of hotel, fishing pier short walk away, very low traffic congestion, uncrowded beach, and Lion Food store just around the corner. We can certainly afford much better HOWEVER we prefer to stay here for those reasons. The kitchen was perfect. Tht means a lot. The bathrooms for our 2012 & 2013 were okay, acceptable. But I don't travel to use a Jacuzzi, I have one at home and don't like idea of "sharing" my personal bath space with others who were there before me, so I don't care about the tub! I use shower only when I travel. The balcony over beachside could be bigger but it suffices for two. As for people who complain about arriving and not knowing the check-in is across the street - I say, READ the hotel info when you're reserving, it was clearly indicated AND it's a common thing in MB anyway. READ what you're signing up for. It's an older hotel that offers less tourist congestion and close to Murrell's Inlet. I have no interest being close to the boardwalk and Broadway thing (which I thought was way overrated anyway). Walking the beach down at this South end is wonderful. No loud bars outside, no young adults drunk and screaming. Another pier is further south at State Park, far far less people, good beach fishing, a couple nice bars on beach and food. We just prefer it down here.

Room Tip: We always request 6th floor or higher to stay away from family zone.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Greenfield, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

So disappointed after a 10 hour drive from Ohio. We walk into our room and find cockroaches everywhere. We were in 433 the jacuzzi suite. We got moved to 333 on,y to be bother by "vibrating pipes" the rest of our stay. And there was "nothing they can do".

Room Tip: Check your room for bugs!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Wake Forest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Need to learn a little about customer service. Asked for a late check out and girl at front desk was rude on the phone. I understand circumstances that will not allow a late check out but a lesson in customer service on how to address those issues needs to be given.

• Stayed November 2014
Hurricane, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Eric the maintenance man deserves a huge commendation... I messed up think I no one of the cords plugged in the wall was my DVD players cord.. long story short.. he knocked.. very polite and professional... he said the Internet box was down and other rooms weren't able to get on Internet m.. OOOPS.. I told him what I had prolly done.. he found the cord on my dvds.. he was like I found the problem!!! He deserves a 2 thumbs up.. more hotels and resorts should have such courtesy and professionalism..... yes the are doing a lot of updates here.. but it for the vacationers... so be patient with them.. it will eventually return back to u.... from room 122.. the wolfs

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time visit here. The room was very spacious for the excellent price we paid. Pleased with the room and view. No frills in the room, but that's ok with me. The things that were not as great about it had to do with the layout and signage. It was very cold weather, but I was glad there were several warm pool options. Kinda strange that the pools open up right to the parking lot. Anyway, we went to the indoor pool at night. I was with my 3 small kids. Didn't realize there were no towel carts around. Come to find out that they are in some office 2 floors up (but there was no signage readily seen to tell you this). I couldn't take my kids in the freezing cold up 2 floors to get towels. My older son came later and I had him go look for them. It took him 20 minutes to find them--not knowing which tower they were in. This should really be more efficient than it is with better signage. Kinda strange, too, that in the lobby/check in (across the street from the hotel) that there are no vending machines. We were at a conference all day in that building and would've had to go across the street to the hotel to get vending. Unless I missed some real obvious things, the hotel could use better instructions for guests to get the things that most everyone will be needing.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Tess p, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear GvilleHistoryTours,

Thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the few issues you experienced. Please note that we will take all of your feedback and improve in areas that you have listed above. Your feedback will be beneficial in our quest to become the top resort in Myrtle Beach. We hope to see you again in the future so we can prove to you that we in fact do provide all of our guests with the most exciting fun filled and enjoyable vacation experience ever!

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for 4 nights. The property is still in the process of a remodel. The room we stayed in was 733 on the 7th floor. Very quiet. All rooms are ocean front. You can see the pool below tho. We enjoyed the one bedroom with 2 queen beds. The kitchen was nice. The living area has a murphy bed and sofa bed. Sleeps 8. And the living area has a door too. So that's great for privacy. Ocean Front view is great. Kids enjoyed the waterpark. The hotel called twice to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Only downside. Small bathroom. The beds are hard. I really wish hotels would get pillow top beds. Like most people have at home. But overall a good stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Laura H,

Thank you very much for your kind review, it really means a lot to us when our guests write about their experience they had with us. We were thrilled to hear how much you and your family enjoyed the resort facilities. We will take your feedback into consideration concerning the pillow top mattresses as we are already replacing many older mattresses with more of a pillow top style mattress. We hope to see you again in the future, and thank you again for your kind words and stay with us.

Marion, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

they r very helpful if u need something and if u cant get something to work u call the front desk and they send someone right away like Paul to fix it
And every room has a view of the ocean ... they have severl pools and hot tubs for u to chose from we had fun .

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Angel M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We truly do love receiving feedback from our valued guests. I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and hope you will return again in the future. Thanks again for the great review.

Front Office Manager

Been to Crown Reef Resort? Share your experiences!