“Absolutely the worst choice you could pick” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn & Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Red Carpet Inn & Suites
You added Red Carpet Inn & Suites to your Saves list
2706 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Coral Reef)   |
Ranked #154 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Absolutely the worst choice you could pick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

If it weren't for the fact that I love hassling hookers walking the streets, this has got to be one of the worse hotels I have ever stayed at. I asked for a ocean view room and I got a an ocean view being blocked by a huge hotel (actually on the beach). I had a feeling that things were going to be bad when I checked in to the hotel. The staff was "un-inspired" and grumbled about their jobs. The trash cans were overflowing with what smelled like week old garbage and the paint inside and out was peeling from any and all surfaces possible. While walking to the room, there was a person passed out in the hallway reeking of alcohol. When we finally got into the room, we were greeted by several roaches and big furry worms crawling on the walls. At least the room smelled "neutral" and the toilet and shower was clean. Because this hotel has gone through a "flag and name change", I got it mixed up with the CORAL BEACH RESORT. Do not make the same mistake! This place definitely isn't worth what I paid for much less a second glance. I hate this place so much that I called up all my enemies and recommended that they don't stay there.

• Stayed June 2005

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2004

The worst place I have ever seen. Unfit. Trash cans over loaded with beer cans. riftraft sitting on motel steps drinking beer. Hotel staff hanging around outside not doing there job. Bathrooms nasty. Nasty Nasty Nasty

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

This is probably the worst hotel at mrytle beach. They over charge you for rooms that are not clean and will not be cleaned during your visit. My family will never stay here again. i have also reprted them to the BBB.
I have pictures of fire hazards in the room and health hazrds.I would nt wish my worst enemy to stay at this place.

Richmond, Ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2004

This hotel was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. We was there at the end of July for 4 nights. Housekeeping never once cleaned our room. The room we had was a suite, and they should not be allowed to call it such. The room was very old and moldey. The shower blew out more air than it did water. The A.C for the room sucked. The toilet would always clog up. There where old shoes under our bed which proves housekeeping stinks. I always had to go ask for clean towels, because housekeeping never took our dirty ones.
I will never stay at this place ever again. I would not recommend this place to anyone, exspecially a family wanting to have a pleasent vacation. This place is a nightmare

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2004

This hotel was not a great stay for my family. We had two rooms that was terrible. wallpaper was falling down and painted over. There was mold and mildew around the walls and toliets in both rooms.Our rooms where never cleaned the whole three days we there.
We asked to be moved to a different room they lied and said they had nothing but had vacanacy sign on and renting rooms to other people. Breakfast was make your own waffles or/and pancakes. Housekeeping cart was left outside my room everyday. I never got clean towels unless my husband asked for them from the desk. I will say that there was two people that was graet the lady who checked us in and the gentleman that worked night aduit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2004

When I arrived in my room, i was very disappointed. The bathroom had a DIRTY SHOWER CURTAIN, the bathroom door was broken, there was no mirror on the dresser, There was no closet, no clock and no telephone book.... I HAD TO REQUEST CLEAN TOWELS... I stayed 3 days and 2 nights and there was no DAILY MAID SERVICE... THEY DIDN'T DO ANY HOUSEKEEPING IN MY ROOM AT ALL !!! And when i opened the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen, ROACHES RAN ALL OVER THE PLACE !!! I wasn't able to unpack my clothes for fear of the "ROACHES" !!!! I payed $92.50 PER NIGHT and it was not worth it ! ! ! ! ! !

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

We went through hotels to make the reservations. Which that was a big mistake believe me don't trust them. We were early and the room was not ready and so we left and came back about 1 hour later. The housekeeper was finishing up, the fresher in the room was so strong it burnt our nose, like they were trying to cover up the smell. The room was run down but we had drove 6 hours so we stayed only one night and ask for a refund for our second night, there was no way I was going to stay in something that nasty and have my family stay there. The carpet was so nasty that my 11 yr old son rub his finger on the carpet and it turn black and our feet was black from the carpet. When I went down to the office and ask for a nights refund the lady at the desk was really nice and the manger allowed Hotels to credit our account. They did tell us that this coming Sept. that they were going to redo the hotel and try to up the ratings. Believe me I want stay there again whether they clean it up or not.Oh by the was the airconditioner was on high and we were burning up in the room.

, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2004
I do not agree with the kind of reviews that are being posted by some anonymous people dated July 11, 2004. We have never had such a complaint about any carpet being so dirty. We have new carpets in almost 50% of the rooms and all the carpets are shampooed every week by a contractor. Also, about the AC, whenever we get any complaints about any AC not working we change the AC right away and then take it to the workshop and the maintenance guys try to fix it. Also, we have the guest satisfaction reports from almost all the guest that have stayed with us and the have given us a really good response. If anyone goes by these reviews, I think these are misguiding. We have satisfied guests from Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire and all the reservations made through phone and also the walk ins. I would also like to stress upon that if anyone wants to have a nice stay in Myrtle Beach, they should surely come and visit us and have a nice time.

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!