“Loved It!!” 4 of 5 stars

50% OFF NIGHTLY ROOM RATE
Ranked #14 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Loved It!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

We stayed from July 1st to the July 6th. The children enjoyed it they went to the game room, played pool and went bowling. All of this is at the hotel. We stayed on the 12th floor and it was a breath taking view. Compared to the first time we stayed last year in Aug of 2005 and were on the first floor and could not see anything but a ugly gate and bushes. The second time around made up for the 1st disappointment. The night life was really cool, I even got up and sang for karaoke and made some friends. For the first time in 15yrs my husband and I had a date.The people at the resort are very friendly and fun. The bands that play during the day are great. The room service food is not the best. But there are plenty of places to order from. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. You really do not have to leave the resort if you don't want to. I would recommend it everyone. I will be back again before it gets to cold. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Coral Beach resort this past June of 2006. It was one of the worst hotels I stayed in. We were supposed to stay for four nights, but we left after two nights and found a much nicer hotel. Let's start with the rooms. We were referred to the hotel by a friend of mine and he said it was very nice. We went on the internet and saw these beautiful photos of the rooms and we figured we couldn't go wrong. Well I was wrong. When we pulled up to the hotel, my 10 year old daughter said "Daddy, this is a motel, we have to go outside on the balcony to enter our room". I have been through this in the Carribean before and I wasn't happy. The rooms were old and smelly and looked like they haven't been updated in 20 years. As soon as you walked into the suite you were in the raggy bedroom, from there you walked into the kitchen area and bathroom area and then you walked into the suite area with the pull out bed for the kids. The problem is the pull out is the beachfront room. The section my wife and I were in was next to the hallway. When we pulled the murphy bed down, it was so old I thought Jimmy Hoffa might have been burried in there. The location of the hotel is great, but when I travel I like top-of-the-line accomodations, and this was definately not it. I was interested in purchasing a condo from Coral Beach before my visit but that is definately out of the question.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

After planning a vacation for our family of 5 to Myrtle Beach for several months, and going crazy over picking the right hotel, we settled on the Coral Beach. We had narrowed it to the Coral Beach, Sea Island and Hampton.
We (2 adults, 2 young adults and a young teen) stayed in a one bedroom condo, ocean front on the 9th floor. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable for our family. The noise from the bar was not a bother. The room had been recently renovated, although the workmanship was shody. The elevators were slow as others have mentioned.
The bottom line is that this hotel is a "fun" hotel with lots of different things to do-comedy, poolside bar, karooke, small bands, bowling, 10 pools, hot whirlpools, and right on top of the beach! The view was great.
The hotel is not luxury, but it was clean and comfortable. We spent little time in our room, so the no movies and no internet was not a issue. The beach in front of the hotel however was incredible--clean, warm and plenty of waves to ride. We felt that we got a good value for the money at the Coral Beach. We did visit the Hampton, which was a few doors down from us. The hotel lacks many of the things that the Coral Beach has, but it is much more refined and of a higher class than the Coral Beach. It would be good for couples. We drove by the Sea Island and it looked great, but it is even farther than I thought from the pavillion, amusements etc..

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

We booked the Coral Beach Resort in January and anxiously awaited our stay for 5 days, we were disappointed more and more each day of our stay in the month of June 2006. The room was situated on 5th floor middle and oceanfront. My husband opened the sliding glass door to have the handle come off in his hand. The remote control for television didn't work and when we informed the front desk of the door handle and remote, they sent a maintenance man up at 9 pm to repair. He took the movie box out when he left and said that the motel was in the process of discontinuing this service. So no paid per view movies at night for us during our stay. Another maintenance man came to fix the door handle. Put a new one on in a jiffy! However......came off in my hand again 5 minutes after he left. Worse part...................when you flushed the toilet you had to run out of bathroom before the water rushed to your feet from a toilet leak. The family next to us had their entire toilet removed the day we checked in and left the motel to move to another the next day. Toilet didn't leak after being fixed. But.......get this, a structural leak was going on beneath the floor somewhere and around 10 pm one night, we get this loud knock on the door and maintenance ask to come in and check out a complaint from two rooms below us. They unfortunately couldn't sit on their balcony because water was dripping from our balcony and spraying onto theirs. Maintenance said it was ac unit. but.....water was under carpet in another room and running under carpet outside onto patio. We had concerns about electrical shortage or shocks in our room. Room wasn't cleaned one day. The emergency fire alarm outside of our room on our floor was hanging from loose wires while we were here, assuming it didn't work. Teens throwing juice containers from stories up onto outdoor area at the bar. Front desk staff was quick to blame housekeeping for most things. However, the ~resort~ needs to take responsibility for these concerns. Elevators broken alot and fixed on last day. Doors stuck open and closed, etc. The ~resort~ doesn't have wireless internet connections. Many motels up and down the strip in front of us had it though. The room with taxes came in over 2 hundred a night. We have had much better for half the price. The validaty of the Travel Channel claim of best resort on Myrtle Beach is now extremely questionable for any other locations that I see that they tout. Need to make a surprise visit.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

My family of 5 just back from Coral Beach 6/23. Before booking our vacation, I read all the reviews and thought to myself "How bad could it really be?" The photos and brochures looked great. The first thing we noticed as soon as we opened the door to our room #614 was the unpleasant smell. This room is in desperate need of renovating. There were stains on the carpet and you felt as if you couldn't even walk barefoot in your own room, the sliding door to the balcony was hard to open & close, the elevators are extremely slow, we had to have someone come up to fix our remote control, shower curtain was missing and one the phones did not work & had to be replaced. Not the most comfortable beds I've slept on. Pros - great ocean view, my 3 young children loved all the pools. I enjoyed the nightly music and karoke. The dinner at Rigatoni's was delicious. I would not stay here again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

We stayed at the Coral Beach Resort in S. Myrtle for 5 days. June16-20. When we arrived we quickly found out there's no high speed internet access, most every hotel on the strand has this basic service, also no in room movies. We decided on a ocean front room for the view as well as the sound of the ocean, the view was fine, but the music at SandBunkers beach front bar starts at 1:00 pm with the live band, and ends at 12:00 am with Karaioke, it's very loud, and we had to stay near the front of the suite with all the doors closed to drown out the noise.

The remote didn't work for the TV when we arrived so we called the front desk and they sent someone to replace the remote, as well as the TV because of a terrible picture. The slideing glass door leading to the balcony was very difficult to open and close, the handle also came off in our hands, again the maintenence guys came to replace the handle...it broke again the next time we grabbed it.

The bathroom light/exhaust fan didn't work. The toilet started leaking, again the maintence guys came to fix that. The room below us was complaining that water was leaking off our balcony onto theirs, so the maintence men returned to our room to find out the culprit, they left saying that water was indeed leaking from our balconey. I went to inspect what was going on, I looked over the edge of the balcony and water was pouring off onto the balconys below us. The carpet on the balcony was soaked, the carpet just to the inside of the balcony glass was wet as well, which lead me to think maybe there was an inside plumbing leak.

I was a little bothered by this so I called the front desk....again, and told them what I had found and that I was concerned that the structual integrity may be comprimised...they said they would send someone back up, they never did.

The emergency fire light directly outside our room was hanging by wires...never got fixed. The elevators were extremy slow. The front deck knew of all these problems, and never once offered anything as compensence.

Over all it was the worst experiance I've ever had at a motel, and I will never gain return.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

We just returned from the Coral Beach yesterday. We drove down from Jersey and this was a last minute trip. We picked the Coral Beach, based on price and availability. The price was okay. We paid on average 200 a night for a 5 night stay. For 200 a night I would have expected a little bit more. When making the reservations over the phone they stated that they had recently renovated. I'm not sure what was renovated but our room def wasn't. The room was a suite. We were upgraded but did have to pay. That's why our room was 200 a night, average. There was a bedroom upon walking into the room, a full kitchen and bathroom and living room, dining room area. Everything was just okay. We did have a wonderful oceanfront room which couldn't be beat. We spent most of our time outside the room or on the balcony, listening to the live music from Sandbunkers Beach Bar which was also nice. This hotel did have alot of activities, plenty of pools and was oceanfront but other then that there is no WOW factor. It's just an okay hotel with okay rooms. The bed was hard and the bedroom wasn't on the ocean so we ended up using the extra bed in the living room to sleep our entire vacation. I didn't want to sleep away from the ocean or in the dungeon where the beds were. I would have thought it would be the other way around! Anyway we did have an excellent vacation. Be sure to visit Boardwalk on the Beach which is a wonderful shopping, entertainment establishment outside, Barefoot Landing which has the alligator adventure which I am sure is fun for all ages and once again plenty of shopping and entertainment. Also the Carolina Roadhouse is an excellent restraunant and so is Greg Norman's in Barefoot Landing. We drove out of the actual hub of Myrtle Beach to eat for a little better quality food and to get away from the "spring break" type crowds and didn't eat anything from the hotel. We went to the local Food Lion and bought some breakfast food and snacks to hold us over until we went out to eat. We did enjoy the beach bar for frozen drinks but buy your beer or liquor at the Liquor Store which will save you. Overall it was a GREAT last minute trip. I might think of staying here again but I would def like to check out other hotels which seemed a bit nicer. This truly is a 2 1/2 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Coral Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!