“Best 1 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best 1 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

I don't know where 2 start. First of all, the people at the front desk were excellent. The rooms were very clean & the ocenfront view was magnifacent!! They have comedy club, a bar, a bowling alley with a game room & 3 pool tables right next 2 it, a general store, a indoor pool, 3 indoor whirlpools, 2 saunas for men and women, and a excellent restaurant that served a wonderful breakfast buffet. With all these things within this hotel, you really dont need to leave the property. I'm looking forward to going back in the summer when the outside pools & bar are open. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone with or without a family. This is the third place i've stayed in since i've been coming to myrtle beach, and from now on it'll be my only place.

• Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

I read all the reviews prior to booking the hotel and was excited. However, our stay was not that great as you guys have stated in your reviews. First, if you are a single person with no kids, don't bother coming to this hotel. There are kids everywhere. The kids were playing on the elevators, in the gift shop, throwing rocks at the seagulls, and crying babies in the pool area and whirlpool. The bar does not serve draft beer or martini's, basically bottled beer. The restaurant was not open in winter months but no one tells you that until you call the front desk. The kicker to our bad stay was the room was filthy. The bathroom had long brown hair in the bathroom before we checked in and after we checked out. We asked the maid if they mopped floors and she said only when asked. The room was gross. The bowling alley that was supposed to be a great ammenity was not what you are thinking. They have 6 lanes, but only 3 are operating so there is a long wait and also too small. The game room was cool, but the change machine broke so they had that closed off which with everything else not working made our stay even worse. Will not stay at this hotel again. Sorry Travel Channel, you guys gave this hotel 4 stars, but it was not even a 2 star.

Atlanta GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2006

We stayed at the Coral Beach over Christmas weekend. We had a great time, but the hotel could stand some improvements. The ocean view was beautiful, pools were clean and liked that it had so many amenities such as bowling alley, pools, oceanview, etc. Front desk and housekeeping were excellent. Cons were: outdoor entry to rooms. Previous writer was correct when they said it was a bit chilly at this time of year to go from your room to the pool/bowling alley, etc. Had a couple of restaurants so that was a plus. Cons: rooms badly need to be updated. Looks like it had new carpet, but furniture was outdated with older console television. Bed was comfortable. Kitchen also needs to be updated. It was adequate and all appliances worked. Tile in bathroom and kitchen looks like it needs to be replaced or scrubbed really well - dirt stains on tile. Previous writer was correct in saying consierce was pushy in trying to get you to go listen to sales talk on new condo. We finally had to just walk away. Price was great, but not sure I would stay at the Coral Ridge in the summer when prices are full rate. I would probably ck elsewhere.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2006

Our stay at the Coral Beach was great! My daughter loved the indoor pool and the hot tubs. I agree with the last reviewer...the only down fall is the walk outdoors to get to your room afterwards in the winter time...it was very chilly! We stayed in an ocean front executive suite and it was nicely appointed. It was great to have a full kitchen and to be able to separate the sleeping area from the living area (very helpful when you have little ones!) The view was fantastic! The activities available at this hotel are top notch if you have kids. They have 10 pools open in the summer, a bowling alley, a game room, and an indoor jungle gym for kids. Although we did not see it, there is aparently a comedy club and store on the 6th floor. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was delicious and reasonably priced. We are planning to go back in the spring to enjoy the rest of the hotel!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Coral Beach over New Year's weekend. We had picked this particular hotel based on the recent good reviews. However, I cannot recommend the Coral Beach.

First, the positives:
- Kelly at the check-in desk was very friendly.
- Although many of the amenities at the hotel were closed due to the off-season (we were expecting this), they appeared to be clean. I can see how this hotel can be bustling with fun activities during peak season.
- The balcony in our oceanfront suite had great views.

The negatives:
- The walls were extremely thin! We could hear full conversations next door and kids running above. I can even tell you that the people next door were listening to Mary J. Blige's "No Drama" on the radio. And it was not because they had it at full blast.
- We had an oceanfront suite that was very out-dated with old furniture and old carpeting. The rooms are in serious need of renovations.
- The kitchen and bathroom floors were caked with old mud/dirt. There were actual footprints! It was obvious that the floors had not been mopped in quite awhile. The grout between the tiles were black with mold/dirt/whatever. The rest of the room was tolerable but definitely not clean.
- We had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door since we are late sleepers. Housekeeping knocked on two separate occasions early in the morning. She would not go away until we answered the door!! We brought this to the attention of the front desk (which is a big deal because my boyfriend NEVER complains about anything). They replied, "She probably just wanted to see if you needed towels."
- The concierge spent 15 minutes trying to get us to sign up for a 90 minute time-share tour of their new South Beach Resort. Even after we told him repeatedly that we were not interested in the time-share and that we only wanted an opinion about a particular restaurant, he forged ahead. His exact words: "I have not been to that particular restaurant but I do have the authority to increase the rebate on your hotel stay from $50 to $75 if you do the South Beach Resort tour tomorrow. So what time should I put you down for?" He repeated this same statement to us at least 4 times.

I would not stay at this hotel again nor would I personally recommend it. This hotel is only an option for someone who does not care about the condition of the rooms and is primarily looking for nice pools and bar areas with easy access to the beach.

Pfafftown, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

We just got back from the Coral Beach yesterday. We had a great time. The rooms looked recently updated. New carpet, paint and decor. My son loved the pools and bowling alley. We enjoyed the Roman Spa and the other hot tubs. Staff was extremely friendly. Since we were there over New Years the girl at the front desk suggested that our son go to the Ripley's Aquarium for the "Sleep with the Sharks" bash. I was nervous at first but she said she used to work there and the kids love it. We gave in called Ripley's and my son had a blast. He will be 7 this week. He got to sleep in the shark tunnel! My husband and I got to go out for a New Year's dinner child free! (My husband wanted to sleep in the shark tunnel!)I think my son had more fun than we did that evening.
The bowling alley was fun. They have 8 lanes and bumpers for the kids (and adults who can't bowl for beans!) No electronic bowling, you have to keep your own score. I used to bowl on a league and scoring came back to me, but they have instructions on their sheet. The arcade was okay. The games need updating and fixing but we played for a little while. They also had pool tables, foosball and airhockey. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the rooms open to the outside so going back and forth between the pool was a bit chilly at this time of year. Also the kitchen appliances themselves need a little updating although everything worked fine. It's just aging out. Just like my own kitchen! I would definately stay again.

Albany, New Yrok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2005

Not only was I truly impressed by the atmosphere of the Coral Beach Resort but the food and beverage selection and taste were outstanding. I would like to thank the Coral Beach staff for making our stay a most enjoyable one as well as satisfying our appetites with such a wonderful selection of food and beverages.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Coral Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!