“Great location with a wonderful staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
RESORT CREDIT $20 DAILY
Ranked #11 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great location with a wonderful staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 3 days while attending a Shriner's convention. The hotel staff was wonderful! They were helpful with all our needs, even parking when we arrived in a Mercedes Sprinter Van. (Too tall to fit in the garage, & no empty spots in the open parking lot.) They let us just park on the side-& the security man spoke to us personally that he would keep an eye on it. We also had a hospitality room for our temple, & the staff habitually checked in with us to see if we needed anything. The rooms were an older style, but they made the most of it. Lots of pools, & right on the beach.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My extended family and I really enjoyed our first stay at Coral Beach. We were there from September 7-14. When we arrived on Saturday at 3:30 pm, we were able to check into all three of our rooms right away. Check in was quick and efficient. My 3 year old grandson loved all the pool amenities. All the adults loved the Starbucks Coffee Shop off the Lobby. We had room number 230 which turned out to be on the same floor as the Lobby (which is actually on the 2nd floor). At first I didn’t like that idea, but then I loved it. We rarely had to get in the elevator. We only used the elevators to get to the parking garage or to carry our beach stuff to the beach. Otherwise we just hopped down the back steps to go to the pools and beach. The rooms were large and clean and we had everything we needed in the kitchen. While we were there the hotel had live music and/or a DJ throughout the day that played a lot of popular songs that we could hear from our spot on the beach and at night they had either the same thing or karaoke. Our entire family would meet and spend time together on the front sun deck every night after dinner. We liked that the parking garage is below the building and the cars stayed out of the sun all day and we didn’t have to cross any streets to get to the hotel. There are lots of lounge chairs and tables all around the extended pool decks and sun decks (both in the sun and shade) so there’s always a place to sit and relax. We checked out the bowling alley/game room and it looked awesome, but we never got the chance to spend any time there. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Lobby Level was great!
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

i stayed in the hotel 3 nights with my Daughter and my son and I'm thinking of coming back next summer, The hotel is clean and they have friendly employees i had good service with then , my experience in the hotel was very nice, I will recommend to my friends and my family.

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a wonderful trip at the beach and enjoyed the Coral Beach resort very much. Some of the things I mention may seem trivial, but I feel they are worth mentioning! For the record I am a 27 year old married female that was here with my family on vacation.

Pulling up, first impression was pretty good. We parked along a very long curb intended on unloading your car. They said it’s a 5 minute loading area and I had to laugh, because who really can unload their entire car in 5 minutes? We were there for 20 so I guess it’s not strongly enforced. When you walk in to the hotel you are on the “Lobby” level. This has the check in station, some rooms, the coffee bar, and a little sitting area. There is also doors to the outside deck that has lots of lounge chairs. The lady that checked us in said that parking was one “block” (maybe 50 feet) down from the hotel on the same side of the street. She said that everyone pulls into the first (closest to the street) part and we should drive to the 2nd one (closer to the beach) and so we did. All week we parked in the very first spot in this garage, it was nice. There is an entry to the hotel from the garage and this is considered “ground level” (one level BELOW the lobby). On this lowest level was the entrance to the restaurant (breakfast only) and the indoor pool/hot tub/play area/sauna and a bathroom. You could also get out to main outside area which also had an outdoor pool. A small baby pool, and an activity pool for children. There is a huge bar and on the other side is another little wading pool, and outdoor hot tub (which was about 3 degrees warmer than the indoor pool) and the lazy river. From this level, you could walk up stairs outside to get to the deck I talked about earlier.

Here is what I will say about the outside amenities: There is hardly any room to get around the big outdoor pool. They have the beach lounge chairs PACKED in and then everyone in the pool puts all their snacks, and alcoholic beverages on the side. One group of people camped out here ALL week and were in the water with their arms draped over the ground so you had to step over them. That got kind of old by the end of the week. The big outdoor pool was occupied by drunk (or drinking) people the entire time as well. This was the most partied out hotel I’ve ever stayed at. It honestly kept me from getting in the pool. Everyone was loud (and happy) but intoxicated. I think the fact that there is a bar right there is what encourages this. I have nothing against people drinking, or even being drunk, but I wouldn’t want to be in there with my kids. I avoided this pool all week. There is also a strong smell of sewage over by the big pool. Gross. All week there was a DJ that played every single day starting around lunch time. We could hear it out on the beach. I think it would have been fine if the DJ would have just played at night, but listening to the same exact playlist for 7 days in a row was quite annoying after a while. The music just didn’t stop at this resort until 11pm when karaoke was over. It was a bit much for my taste. I like to lay on the beach and hear the waves and the seagulls, not the cupid shuffle and the electric slide.

The next big thing I didn’t care for much is the Splash Pass. This is basically your room key, and permission to go anywhere in the resort. You need your splash pass to get IN the building from the parking deck, into the pool areas from the INSIDE of the hotel (going out) and vice versa. It also gets you into your room AND serves as your payment method at the Store, Coffee Shop, Bowling Alley, ect.. You do have the option to pay with a credit/debit card after they swipe the card but NO CASH can be used at this resort. In the beginning of the day the door to the outside would be propped open but someone would shut it in the middle of the day, so even if you were coming off the beach to use the restroom you couldn’t get in the hotel unless you had your splash pass. There was never anyone inside the door that would let you in, so it’s best to attach the pass to your hip or you’d be standing outside the door until someone came out. Dealbreaker? No. A bit ridiculous? Yes. All other things on the outside of the resort were pretty good. The pools were clean, and on the other side by the lazy river the area is pretty spacious.

Inside the Resort: The rooms were fine. They were clean, smelled okay, and were suitable for the week. I’m never very picky when it comes to rooms. I’m usually only in it to shower, eat and sleep, so I don’t need it to be extra fancy. My only complaint with the room is that they divide the bathroom. One room with a sink and mirror that has a door and then within that room is another “room” with the toilet and shower. The toilet and shower area was TINY. You could barely be in the room and shut the door without hurting yourself. I just kept it open. There also wasn’t much water pressure, but I guess that’s expected in a huge resort. Only other problem was the horrible sewage smell (again) when you used the kitchen sink. Other than that, I loved the room and had no other issues with it. There is a bowling alley with a little bar and grill, an arcade, a general store that stocks all kinds of stuff even beer, wine, and some food. There was a VERY nice exercise room as well (don’t forget your Splash pass!) and a breakfast buffet restaurant (food was okay, and the coffee was terrible).

Overall, it’s a nice resort. If you like to drink and listen to music, it’s great. If you have kids, or are older and just like to relax, I don’t know that I’d recommend this place. It seems to geared towards the younger, drinking, partying crowd (nothing wrong with that!). I liked the resort, but I think I’d find a more laid back place for next year.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is first time stay in this hotel, my experience is very nice. I did not show up in front office more than twice, but when I checked out, they knew my name already. The service are very friendly. The room we stayed is ocean view angled unit, very convenient, almost like stay in our own home. Will go back next year for a short vacation again.

Room Tip: Ocean view room in 7th floor, I remember 748 was the #, priced only $79 in late May.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Monroe, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was going to change the dates of my reservation. However, after calling the 800 number listed on their website and never getting the phone answered, plus sending an email through the contact us page of their website and getting no response, I looked up their local number called and cancelled. I was informed that the small print of their agreement when you book on their website says you agree to being charged $20.00 if you cancel more than 20 days in advance of you reservation (I didn't ask what happens if you cancel within 20 days) . They called it an administrative fee. Please, they pushed a button on their computer. Beware!! If they scam you out of $20.00 for something like this, imagine how they'll try to screw you if you actually stay there.

Room Tip: Charged $20.00 for cancelling reservation - 34 days in advance....My trip was scheduled for October...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Coral Beach continues to make our stays more enjoyable. The housekeeping staff, especially our favorite housekeeper Albert who always has our room clean and smelling fresh, and the maintenance crew do an exceptional job keeping the resort clean and up to date. After meeting the Maintence Director John Sokowski, we can understand why the hotel and surrounding area are so well maintained. John is always concerned about the guests and their comforts. We meet a group that ranges from 23 to 30 people each year at the Coral Beach and love the pool, the best on the beach, the pool bar and the friendly attitude of all of the staff.

Room Tip: Get an Ocean Front, you don't want to miss the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Coral Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!