“Overall a great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
ENJOY IT'S FREE
Ranked #13 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Delbarton, West Virginia
“Overall a great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel. I stayed three days, midweek, and it rained most of the time. Not the hotels fault. Upon arriving our room was upgraded, free of charge, from a suite to a condo. Much appreciated. My online reservation said 1 parking space per room, but I was allowed 2. Wifi was iffy, but in a place that big with that many people it was understandable. The pools were a little crowded but again it was raining. The inside pool area had such a strong chlorine smell that it irritated my eyes. They need to ventilate that area badly. Overall a great experience. Star bucks coffee in room!!!!

Room Tip: South side rooms have a better view of sunrise.

1,951 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Wife at Coral Beach Resort now with friend and kids. She just returned to room to find $90 flat iron gone (stolen). Two years in a row have had something stolen from rooms in Myrtle Beach (diff hotels). Myrtle Beach is becoming a cesspool. Hotel said they will look into it (yeah sure).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is fair. It is over priced but pretty clean. The pool area pictures are deceiving, the pool area is extremely cramped and congested. But the worse part for me is the smoking, You're not supposed to smoke in the pool area (only allowed at the bar) but they don't patrol or enforce the rule unless you get up from the pool and walk around trying to find someone who works there. So you are basically forced to sit there and inhale second hand smoke all day, or in my case fight with inconsiderate smokers all day. It wouldn't take much effort to have someone walk through every 15 minutes or so. Once the smokers saw they're enforcing the rule they'd stop. Smokers are notoriously inconsiderate anyway they'll keep smoking until some one tell them to stop. As for the WIFI they advertise, we have been here 6 days so far and this is the first day I have been able to use the internet I'm so angry that the first thing I did was to go here and write this review. They should not be allowed to advertise WIFI, even today it took almost three minutes to load this page. I and could have gotten a much better hotel a little further north in myrtle beach. This may be over priced because its south myrtle beach. Would not stay here again. OHH! one more thing....forget about waking up and sitting on the balcony to enjoy some fresh ocean air, They make sure to post signs and tell you that they will fine you 250.00 if there is evidence you have smoked in the room so everyone simply goes to the balcony and smokes like chimneys so unless you enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke you can't sit on the balcony or leave the door open to let some fresh ocean air in.

Room Tip: we chose the one bedroom condo with a Murphy bed, I was surprised the the couch wasn't even a sl...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best values for your money.
No it's not a luxury hotel it's a hotel where you can relax meet people and enjoy yourself!
From the beach bar to the walk right there on the beach
Park the car and everything is within walking

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean hotel, nice workers, everyone helpful to open doors etc. nice family hotel . Would stay again. Pools are nice and we loved the lazy river. Location of room was nice as well . It was nice to have a workout room as well!!!

Marlboro, Ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a weeks stay. It was fantastic. Rooms were great staff was great. I hated to leave and cant wait to go back. Only down side was the elevators they did take forever and we were on the 10th floor so i was not about to walk up ten flights of stairs. Pools were clean and just what we needed. I cant say enough about dave gabe travis and j. Four of the best bartenders around!!! I hope they are still there when we go back...which we are already planning. Rooms were always spotless when we came back from a day at the beach or pool

Franklin, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked on line, we live a little over 8 hours away, pictures looked great, rooms looked big and very clean. Do Not be Fooled by the pictures that are on line. I booked an Oceanfront Condo. To me a Condo would consist of a living area, kitchen, separate bedrooms & spacious. When we checked into the room (my mother, and my 2 children ages 4 & 14) I was in shock! The "Condo" stunk, wet towels in the bathroom, and in the bathtub. Yes they show that you have 2 balconies and they do, but what they do not tell you is the 1 balcony is only big enough for 2 people to stand on, and you are looking into a parking lot. They also do not tell you that the window that is located in your bedroom, is a smoking area. I called the front desk because I thought maybe they placed us in the wrong room. The staff member was very nice, and she stated that we were in the Condo. After I explained to her that this was not what I had expecting, she quickly gave the phone to the manager Matt. Matt told me that I was in the Condo, well something else they don't tell you is this about their Condo's. I paid 373.75 for a Condo. A Family Suite was 235.00 the only difference other than the price (140.00 a night) between a Condo & Suite is the entrance. I would have not paid 140.00 more a night to enter into the kitchen instead of the bedroom! We had no other option to stay that night, but did check out the next morning. Oh and do not let me leave out that the bed linens had NOT been changed either!! My Mother has bites on her back from the bed bugs. So NO I will not ever stay or recommend this Hotel to anyone ever!!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay there, do not pay the extra money for a Condo!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coral Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!