Our July 2013 vacation in an Ocean Front Suite…..(which included a bedroom, full kitchen, living room, bathroom and balcony.)
Where to begin – I’ll start with the PROS first –
Ocean Front Room – great view from the 10th floor
Close to the beach – not a far walk at all – even with chairs, umbrellas, etc.
Had 2 outside showers and a garden hose to rinse off with.
Beach not crowed – private beach (from what I’m told) so no picture –scope selling.
Location of hotel was good – pretty much in the middle of the area.
Ample attached garage parking – did not have to park across the street like many of the other hotels.
The staff was very professional and friendly.
The main areas of the hotel were updated and nice looking.
The room – overall the room was clean. 2 flat screen TV’s.
Towels – supplied sufficient amount of towels.
The Resort Shoppe was very nice and had a variety of items.
If you checked in early, they allowed you to use the facilities. (see CON below)
There were 4 elevators that took an amazing amount of time to get one. There was NO air conditioning in the elevators, which when they were full, was unbearable. We asked a hotel employee why there was no AC in the elevators and his response was, “Yeah, that would be nice.”
If you checked in early, they allowed you to use the facilities; however, the only place to change was the small bathrooms, which were very humid, and uncomfortable.
Pools – they advertise many pools, however there is only 1 large pool that was filled to the max every day. They had a few small pool/jacuzzis and a very small lazy river that always was full.
One major complaint about the pool area – every morning before 8 a.m., you’d look out from the balcony and EVERY single chair had a towel on it and there were only about 8 people in/around the pool area. And it was that way all day. Come on, are we in 2nd grade? The hotel should not allow the guests to save a seat all day.
The Room – Overall the room was clean. Needed updating. The backside of the curtains was melted and traces of it were stuck to the window. That should have been replaced.
The plastic diverter attached to the air conditioning unit was loose and cracked and didn’t serve its purpose well.
Bathroom – only 1 hook on the back of the door in the tub/toilet area. I don’t know about you, but I could use a minimum of 4-5 hooks when I travel.
Only 1 towel rack, which was above the sink area and not convenient to really hang anything.
No Full length mirror.
Overall, the bathroom was small for what was considered a suite.
One Clock – (which would be fine if it was just one room – this was a suite)
Wi-Fi – none in the room – you had to go to the lobby.
Only served breakfast inside. No lunch or dinner inside.
Outdoor grill – only 5 items to choose from. Only plates - No containers to carry your food back to the beach.
Ran out of forks one time and the attendant said, “I guess if you really want one, I can go get some.”
Cleaning – 2nd day they missed our room, and when we called at 5 pm, they asked us if we had requested to not have it cleaned. Which we didn’t. They did send someone to clean – and by clean - I mean they replaced the towels and changed the beds. No vacuuming.
Front Desk personnel were not very familiar with what was happening in and around the Myrtle Beach area. There were only a few pamphlets (and by few I mean 5) of the activities in the area. When we went to the NASCAR park – there were tons of pamphlets for all the activities in the area.
Overall experience was Good – and while this may sound like nick-picking, but for the price of $312 a night (taxes-fees included) it was not the experience that we had hoped for in what they call a resort. It’s a hotel, by best.
Will not be returning to the Coral Beach Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more on site amenities and entertainment than any other Myrtle Beach resort, it's no surprise that the Travel Channel named Coral Beach "Best Family Accommodations". Some of the ingredients that make us a destination and not just a resort include an on-site 8 AMF lane bowling alley, recreation center with video arcade game room, pool tables, foosball and air hockey, 10 pool attractions including outdoor and indoor pools, water park, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, kiddie pools, lazy river ride, children's activity center, his/her saunas, live entertainment daily on the pool deck (in-season) and karaoke nightly (in-season), family magic show (in-season), glow bowling, fitness center, General Store & Gift Shop and spacious meeting/banquet facilities. It's no wonder that families for over 20 years have found Coral Beach Resort & Suites the most fun place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coral Beach Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Beach Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Coral Beach
- Coral Reef Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Resort Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Reef Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc