“Nice time our first time to MB” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2506 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #26 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
State College, Pennsylvania
“Nice time our first time to MB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel was nice and had a great view. The picture on the website are not true. I had book 2 Queen Beds, Non-Smoking, Ocean Front, Kitchenette, not the same as in the picture. But it would do. Breasfast no such thing here only coffee. The Magnolia wasn't the greatest place for food. The staff was very polite and nice, yes some of the front desk clerk were rude and you didn't get all the information you should receive when you check in. This is their job as a concierge. I will say when they email you as a courtesy and you email back with a problem it will be handle promptly. The bathroom tubs are a bite small I will say I almost fell out a few time. Yes, the air condition is loud. I suggest you get a moped or cart to travel down town cause a car will be to much specially with back up in the evening time. We walked the whole week but that was fine a total of 3 miles some days that to and back to hotel. But all in all for first time here we did have fun and the different places we ate at the price tags $$ and some had plenty of food the others well ask before you buy. Thanks We Are PennState

Room Tip: Make sure this is the room you are getting. Pictures are deceiving. The bathroom size also and if yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1,707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Best time I've had since Eastern Shore visit.... Accommodations and the Staff (front – housekeeping – concierge -all of them) were great - attentive – helpful. Every detail was taken care of, and they found a way to allow me to stay in my Oceanfront room extra days through a busy time of season. Especially helpful were “Jenna” and “Polo”, along with “Luke”… All bent over backwards to be helpful. Hotel is in a “prime” location and convenient to the rest of Myrtle Beach. I’ll definitely go back. Vic Southern

Room Tip: Try to go for center of the hotel - ocean - close enough, but it is not to close to the elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved the place. We will stay there every time we go to Myrtle Beach!!! Rooms and service were excellent. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. I would recommend my friends and family to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Salisbury, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was excited to get to the beach and had booked an ocean front room. i had called to confirm this the morning of the trip. I called when I got to MB because I had read some reviews on here that the hotel had changed people's rooms without consulting them. Sure enough, they had "upgraded" me to a suite with an ocean view room. I was very irate and told them that I had booked an ocean front and I expected as such. I am a rewards member, so the flimsy excuse saying that they didn't have my number to call me and OK this was bunk. I paid over $200 per night for an ocean front and after driving 5 hours, would have been very angry if my room wasn't waiting for me. I addressed this with the manager, and he said, "why are you angry, we gave you what you wanted. Don't let this ruin your vacation." Um, I don't need a lecture, I just wanted to know if this was common practice. If I had checked in later, they would have just told me they overbooked, and I would have had to take what they gave me. Lousy customer service...

On to the hotel itself. The bellhop was friendly, as was the other front desk staff (except the manager). The room was a little date on the walls and bathroom, but the bathroom had been redone, so it was nice. Nice shower pressure. The AC is very loud and needs to be updated. I had a very good view.

The lazy river is small. I liked the beach access. Decent sized pool. There is a free water park pass with stay, and they provide a shuttle if you want. Buffet breakfast included, across street. The parking deck is a block over and across the street - dislike.

I am on day #2. Been pleased so far, will update afterwards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OceanaResorts, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your opinion is extremely important to us. We regret that your stay was not what you expected. Please be assured that any issues you mention have been addressed accordingly. We do hope you'll visit with us again soon, allowing us to provide you with an even better experience, on which we pride ourselves.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The website shows beautiful large rooms, Continental breakfast, lots of amenities and when we get here we have a very tiny room, so small that the metal bed frame, that was wider than the mattress, cut my leg when i tried to walk between the bed and the wall. The hotel looks old and drab. Continental breakfast is $10.The Wi-Fi is almost nonexistent. I spoke to the manager about it And he said since we booked through Expedia there was nothing he could do. He was not helpful or customer friendly at all.

• Stayed August 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed the ocean front view while staying here for a mini vacation. The view was just amazing! The rooms were priced well, staff was friendly enough, and the amenities were nice. I almost always stay with Best Westerns because I am a Best Western rewards member, and love the payoff of the rewards points so I would say this hotel is up there in the top Best Western hotels I have stayed with throughout the country!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in one of the two bedroom, two bathroom suites this time and had the best beach vacation ever. It was all we hoped it would be and more. We had a full kitchen, a beach front balcony and a beach view balcony along with a panoramic view of Myrtle Beach stretched out around us. It also had a washer / dryer and three flat screen TV's. The staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful or nicer. Two fantastic pools, a lazy river raft ride, kiddie pool, hot tub and the wonderful Atlantic beach right there. We were within walking distance of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. This is the third time we have stayed here, but our first stay in one of their suites. It was wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a south corner suite on the 17th floor which gave us a great view of the beach. There was an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!