“Fun trip with great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carolinian Beach Resort

You added Carolinian Beach Resort to your Saves list
Carolinian Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2506 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #42 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Tarboro, North Carolina
“Fun trip with great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a great experience. Staff was great and nice. Been twice now and no problems either time. Always trying to accommodate us with anything we needed. Great location, not to far from everything going on and easy to get too

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Best Western Plus Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites. I travelled with my husband and two children. The front desk seemed very busy but yet the first young lady I was greeted by seemed very attentive to our questions. We arrived shortly after 2pm and was told that our room would be ready closer to 4pm. We decided to enjoy the beach until our suite was ready. During my reservation process I requested a mid level, oceanfront suite with living room and full kitchen. About 3:30pm I went to the front desk to inquire if our room was ready and the gentleman at the front desk said it was. He told informed us that we were on the 20th floor. And when I asked if there were any lower floors and he told me that there were no lower floor rooms that were available. I just left and went to the room, but I was very disappointed to be so high up when I requested a lower floor room.

The room seemed clean and the beds were comfortable. We did not use housekeeping during our stay. Instead I washed our towels and washcloths during our stay. The furniture is a little out dated but we slept comfortable. The pool areas are a little compact but we enjoyed the hotel amenities.

Room Tip: My family and I chose a suite in the tower after readings some other reviews.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel to celebrate my birthday and it was well worth the price. Excellent view, great location, and friendly front desk staff. The ocean view was perfect. The room was huge. It was like staying in a small apartment. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Since my first stay I have been very please with the Best Western Carolinian . My only thing to them is upgrade the cable other than that perfect place to stay.Hope to see them in September.The oceans Resorts are the perfect choice for us because we have found the accomindations that give us the comfort of home.

• Stayed June 2013
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently stayed at this resort June 12-14, 2013 and was very pleased with the friendliness of all the staff. I even had a wonderful housekeeper who saw me struggling with my hair and helped me fix it for a day on the beach. Thank you JESSICA!!!! Each staff member I encountered was very friendly, helpful, and polite. The room was adequate although there were a few minor repairs that needed to be made to the bathroom. Not a show-stopper, however, and I understand the heavy traffic in and out of the room. View was good. Pool very nice and all was clean. Walking distance to boardwalk area not bad at all. Would definitely stay here again.

Knoxville, Tennessee, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed at this location in the past and was looking forward to returning. It was once again perfect. Check in was smooth and the room was amazing as I was hoping for. The staff was wonderful especially Libby at the front desk when we had to hunt for my keys to return home. The lazy river and the hot tub were a welcome relaxing experience. The view was great. Having a full kitchen made breakfast relaxing and a great start to the day. The housekeeping staff were top notch. Looking forward to returning as this Best Western has it all. Second trip and it only gets better every time.

Room Tip: The higher up the better stayed on the 20th floor and the view was awesome.
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Have never stayed at a BW, but this one was OK. We had a suite w kitchen, washer/dryer, living room and eating area. Great view of the beach. Friendly and helpful staff. Beach chairs are a GREAT deal--$11 for 2 chairs and umbrella. Beach is pretty clean, other than cigarette butts. No restaurant/coffee shop in the hotel. They'll refer you to The Magnolia restaurant across the street, but go to Uncle John's instead--just across the street to the left. Other restaurants--Mr. Fish and Bimini's. Great miniature golf courses.
The Bad: The "lazy river" is incredibly small and all under a roof. We had a king suite confirmed and were given one w/ 2 double beds. Not what I'd planned.

Room Tip: 1536 was a good suite. There's a tower and a shorter building. The tower has been "refreshe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Carolinian Beach Resort? Share your experiences!