“Perfect for the pocketbook!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Hotels.com Travelocity
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2506 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #23 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Perfect for the pocketbook!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights and had a lovely time. We loved how close it was to the beach. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. I just wish there were more restaurants and things to do closer to the hotel. Otherwise, I would love to come back again!

• Stayed June 2013

1,616 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Okay, let's start with the good:
-The staff is super nice. I did not encounter one person on staff that did not greet me, smile and say hello.
-The view from our room was great.
-They were very accommodating. My brother has Down's Syndrome and he has a fear of heights that is unbelievable. They were great at making sure our request of a 1st or 2nd floor room was granted.
-The Pool area is attended, clean and pleasant.
-The beds were comfortable.
-The decor was very nice.
Okay, now for the could of been better:
-Although you cannot see trash and the room looks clean, the carpet is nasty. Bring slippers or socks to walk the room. In mine & my dad's room the bottom of our socks were filthy. They need to steam clean those carpets really badly.
-The pools are cold. The one that is under cover is really cold.
-The brochure & all the online info I read said that this was a smoke free resort. NOT smoke free rooms but smoke free resort. That to me means that people are not allowed to smoke on property or that maybe there is an area to the side of the hotel for smoking but that is not the case. We were constantly greeted with smokers at the pool and on the balcony below us.
WORST Problem of the whole trip:
-On our last day the maid showed up at 8:30-8:40 to clean the room. We were barely out of bed so requested her to come back. At 10:30 we were going out for a bit so I called the front desk to ask them to let the maid know that she could clean the room. We got back at 12:45ish & the room was not cleaned. I called and again asked to let the maid know that we would like the room cleaned. We went out again and around 1:30 came back in. We all had to go to the bathroom but after 1 person went, we were out of tp. I called the front desk. I AGAIN told them the room had not been cleaned & that we had no towels for when we took a shower later on but that the worse problem was being out of tp & that we needed that immediately. About 5 minutes later a man showed up with TOWELS. He acted surprised that we needed tp. 20 minutes later we got tp. Good thing someone wasn't sitting on the toilet. We then went to the pool. At 4:15 my husband went to the room & found it still uncleaned. I had to go to the front desk & get ugly to get the room cleaned. The maid said that no one had told them we requested the room be cleaned and there was nothing noted showing the room did not get cleaned that morning. WOW!!!!
There was dirty dish rag & no dish soap replaced for 2 days. Good thing I didn't need them.

Would I recommend? Yeah, overall it was a pleasant stay & reading the reviews of other hotels before booking this one, I am not sure that Myrtle Beach has a great hotel for under $300 a night.

Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was a good choice for us. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for our needs. (3 adults and 2 small children) Parking kinda sucks because it's about a block away. You have to use the bell captain service to get a luggage cart. We're an older couple traveling with a disabled grandchild and a toddler so there was a lot more walking and carrying going on that we weren't totally prepared for but then again we are not in shape :)

Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I would have given them a 3.5 star if they had that option. It was better than average but I cannot rate it very good (4 stars), just good. The hotel staff was generally quite friendly. Jennifer who helped check us in and out was very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to find us deals and find places to go and eat. One of the staff who was dealing with the towels was a bit of a grump. Location was good. Beds seemed to be updated and were very comfortable to sleep on. Kitchenette was nice although the bathroom felt a bit dated & small as did parts of the hotel. Great views from the 9th floor. We had no cold water in the bath after we came back up from the beach the first day. Did not get fixed until after we left for dinner. We could not use the pool the first day. We had to go to another tower in the hotel to get ice as ours was broken. Elevators were SLOW at times.

Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've been on a road trip. I'll spare you those details, but suffice it to say we've been frequenting Motel 6. After arriving in Jacksonville FL during Tropical Storm Somebody and foolishly staying at the World's Worst Econolodge we decided to splurge. A specific "Hotels" [internet] website which I'm not allowed to "name" was running multiple specials in Myrtle Beach and this one was the most appealing. The special was $79/night for "resort's choice" which implied that we'd get what we get and by happy about it. Oho! I'm writing to you from our beachfront balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Not, like, sort of... It's all there.

Now the room: Spacious. Ours has two queens, some have a king I'm sure. Kitchenette, coffee, LCD tv, tub, balcony with chairs, very effective AC. Very pleasant and clean. The building also has a pool, kiddie pool, a covered/shaded pool, a jacuzzi, and a cute little "lazy river" which is amusing, but not much more than a diversion.

Friendly, polite, and accommodating staff! Even the security guard is chatty. We were so ready for a break from the road that we looked to see if the special was available for a second night, which it was. The staff was happy to let us take advantage of the discount again, even on a weekend night! Great stuff. We highly recommend staying at this hotel and looking for bargains on the booking price.

Room Tip: Book online on some kind of "hotels" [internet] booking site for the best deals.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a side view of the beach for two nights. It was booked for us through Hilton Grand Vacations because they wanted us to view their Anderson Club Hotel next door. We had our two children with us and so we were put at the Carolinian because we would have had to pay a whole lot of extra money to stay at the Anderson Club even though they were trying to sell us a timeshare there. The unit we were assigned had a full kitchen, small living room, a balcony that faced the building beside us, a large bathroom and a bedroom with two queen sized beds in it. It would be great for a couple visiting for a week but we wouldn't want to stay in a one bedroom suite with our children for more than the two days we were there, it was too small. So, I would recommend a larger unit and definitely have it facing the beach.
The weather was extremely lousy when we were there, very windy and rainy and cold. However we still managed to walk down the beach toward the pier and take in the shops on the boardwalk area. I'm sure that this is a very enjoyable experience when the weather is co-operating. So yes, the hotel is in a good location for strolling on the beach. You do have to drive though in order to find a decent selection of restaurants. Broadway at the Beach is just a short drive away and is a great place to visit with the kids. Lots of shopping and entertainment and restaurants. Speaking of driving, the garage being across the street wasn't really an issue. Yes you have to walk outside to get there but it wasn't a problem for us, it may be for others with mobility issues however.
Because we couldn't swim in the ocean and it was too cold and windy by the outdoor pools as well(even though they looked lovely, maintained and clean), our children took advantage of the indoor pool. My husband soaked in the indoor hot tub. The lazy river pool indoors is really quite small and it would be my one issue with the place. But then again, if we had use of the outdoors the size probably wouldn't have mattered that much. After viewing the Anderson next door, I would still stay at the Carolinian because of the price. I don't particularly need granite countertops in my kitchen when on holidays or fancier floor tiles. They both face the same stretch of beach and have approximately the same outdoor space. The Carolinian unit was clean and quiet and well equipped. We had no problems with the front desk staff, who were courteous and helpful. So, in conclusion, I have no problem recommending this to family and friends. I would just suggest booking a bigger suite facing the ocean for families. There is value in this hotel.

Room Tip: Book and ocean front suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Graham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice quiet place to stay. Pool and lazy river clean. Small hot tub. Open-air hallways outside rooms smell bad (think from repeated rain blowing in and sea air/humidity). They should remove the carpet - it's that way on all the floors apparently because it was the talk of the elevators daily.
Ice was on second floor (we were on 17th).

Room Tip: Ice on 2nd floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!