The South Tower I was told by hotel employees was built in 2004, the other section is much older and the exercise equipment is located in this buildings third floor. They also have 6 computers off the side of the lobby to use and a complimentary printer you can also use.
Condo unit 1633 has an excellent view of the ocean and awesome south view of the beach from the living room.This South Tower/corner unit sticks out further then the other Hotels on the beach. The bedrooms also offer an excellent south view. Both bedrooms connect to a second balcony to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun sheltered from any strong winds off the ocean. The unit was very quiet at night, never heard any noise from any adjacent units.
I would of given this condo unit a 5 star rating if they would replace the living room couch/fold bed and the one lounge chair with more comfortable furniture (My Only Real Complaint). The couch/extra foldout bed and chair are very stiff to sit on for more than 30 min!
Everything else was excellent. Internet was free with no access codes, there is no DVD player in this condo, but we used my laptop connected to any one of the three TV's to watch a DVD Movie.
We were treated very nice by all the Best Western Hotel employees, they were very helpful with any questions we had. The Hotel Front Desk will give you an access card when you arrive which you will need to swipe to access the south tower sliding door to access the elevator after 10 p.m. We were also unaware until we arrived that we could also use all facilities at the Anderson condo unit next door as well as 5 other condo units along the strip that Best Western Group also own. The Anderson condo has a bar on the ground floor overlooking their pool and beach.
It is a very short walk to the parking garage but found this reasonable. If you are concerned about security at night you can always pay Best Western the $8.00 per day to have the unlimited valet service. The parking garage was well lit, had an elevator and we had no security concerns.
There is a Starbucks a few blocks down Ocean Blvd an approx, 7 min walk if you want your morning jolt.
I would consider staying at this Condo again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a great location, superb facilities and affordable rates at the Best Western Plus Carolinian Beach Resort, an award-winning hotel where children under 18 stay FREE with parents. Enjoy a Myrtle Beach hotel with a friendly atmosphere and smartly-appointed accommodations for families, couples and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carolinian Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort
- Myrtle Beach Best Western