“Reasonable Winter Rates, Great Ocean View” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carolinian Beach Resort

You added Carolinian Beach Resort to your Saves list
Carolinian Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2506 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #46 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Reasonable Winter Rates, Great Ocean View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

While visiting relatives who reside in the area, I needed a place where I could be near to family and certain restaurants in the vicinity to where I wanted to go.

The Best Western Carolinian did not disappoint. It was a pleasure to experience beautiful sunrises from the hotel room balcony. I had my mobility challenged mother with me, so it helped that our room was located very close to the elevator. At check-in, we were greeted by Richard, a friendly clerk and were assisted by a friendly, helpful bellhop with our luggage. The rooms were clean and the coffee was always tasty and hot! I would come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Camden, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian is always our place of choice to stay during our fall and winter trips to Myrtle Beach. The management is absolutely the best! May I also mention housekeeping not only had our room spotless with all white bed linens (SO FRESH), but for Valentines effort was taken to create out of bath linens the most beautiful heart which was sitting upright on our bed. A huge ribbon on the footstool to top it off. Both were a work of art. I would describe this as a talent not only for making these beautiful tokens of love, but for also realizing it would add to you clients valentines.
How special is this!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
clinton, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I really enjoyed the experience from making the reservation to checking out. The rooms were great. housekeeping was immaculate. Room cost were about 15% higher than I would ve expected for that time of the year (thanksgiving). Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: ocean front rooms!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, kitchenette and ocean front balcony, overlooking the pool. There are two buildings, the main building and the tower. The tower, in my opinion, had newer and larger rooms. I stayed in the main building and my room was smaller, although it was just fine for me. The furniture was nice and the room was clean. I received two free tickets for the buffet across the street, for being a Best Western rewards member (didnt even know I had signed up for such..lol) The food was ok. The parking garage is across the street and a block over. It was a nice stay, I have no complaints at all. My room was clean, the beds had alot of pillows and I slept great! I had a nice view of the beach and ocean, and I can't complain - I got my room for $74 with a state employee discount. The hotel staff were very nice! I would recommend requesting a stay in the tower if you want a newer room. I plan to stay here again and will request a room in the tower.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower if you want a newer/larger room
Alpena, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Myrtle Beach for 12 years. Last year (2012) we moved here to the Carolinian and are very glad we did. It's comfortable, quiet, clean and the staff is great. From the front desk to housekeeping to maintenance they all offer to help with any needs or problems we may have. Last year we stayed for 2 months, this year 3 months and are planning on coming back here next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a beautiful suite on a high floor overlooking the ocean. The off-season crowds are so low, winter is a great time to visit Myrtle Beach. This hotel is partners with the neighboring hotel, The Anderson, so you can go over and use their pool and hot tub for free. The pool and hot tub at the Best Western were crowded with kids, but there may have been a group thee at the time.

The staff was really trying to make our trip a good one, and we appreciated the attention. Although the layout of the room and the solidness of the suite were great. The room was very sunny and we had amazing sunrise views and even got to see a school of dolphins from our balcony. The only negatives, which really weren't bad was that there are elements of 'budget' built into this room. For example the walls are textured and beige, and the thread count of the sheets was on the low side.

The hotel overall though was lovely, and we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Book over the phone and ask if they have any discounts. We used the 'winter warmup' code, an...
Brooklin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We've stayed here before and enjoyed it, but the price went up and for the last 2 years, we went elsewhere. Now the price is equitable and we came back. Acommodations are similar to the other place we stayed - quiet and comfortable and most staff try to make you feel comfortable as possible. People with handicaps, however should be aware that parking clos to the hotel is almost non-existant. They do not have priveleges with their sister properties accross the street. They say that parking is accross the street, but it is a block away and uphill. There is valet parking for $8 a night, but that kills the price advantage so you may as well be down the street. Also the wait for valet is not always convenient. On stree parking is available and free in the off season, but spaces are few. Be aware that the associated restaurant that is "just accross the street" is a block away and up 5 steps. You can avoid the up by going in the far side at the back, but you may as well drive there. If you are able bodied, the place is just great. Not so for many old snowbirds.

Room Tip: We choose the 1 bedroom condo with washer and dryer because we like the convenience of a washer/drye...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple