“A little far to walk to "downtown" but location on oceanfront is great.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carolinian Beach Resort

You added Carolinian Beach Resort to your Saves list
Carolinian Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2506 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Carolinian Oceanfront Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #41 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
atl
“A little far to walk to "downtown" but location on oceanfront is great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is our second stay at the Carolinian. It is a nice hotel and I got a great deal on an oceanfront room. However...the room this time was on the second floor of the smaller building and was directly overlooking the pool. So the balcony wasn't very private because we were practically right in people at the pools faces. I asked to be moved higher and the evening manager (not very personable) told me he would see what he could do but never got back to me during our three night stay. So...I would suggest asking for above the fourth floor when you book. Our room also did not have a separate sink outside the bathroom which I prefer so I can rinse dishes, etc. I'm sure some rooms do but may cost more. Also, I paid $6 a day to park in the public lot that is RIGHT outside the hotel door and didn't use the hotel lot at all. So convenient! We kept all the beach chairs and shovels in the car rather than constantly lugging them to the room. I would stay here again if I got a great rate but there is only one pool, a small lazy river and one hot tub.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were in the smaller of the two towers. Fridge had a bad odor coming from it. Otherwise room seemed pretty clean. Nice flat screen TV. Room was updated, bathroom was old. Bed was not very comfortable. No light on the balcony. View was decent of the ocean (reserved an oceanview and that's what we got). Pool didn't seem very clean, lots of sand in it. All staff we encountered were very friendly. Hotel is conveniently located and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Request a room in the taller tower.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Room was great, guest services left a lot to be desired. Receptionist and shift managers were short with guest. That combined with the coffee pot exploding (that's right exploding) when I told the manager on duty about this she said 'ok" like this happens all the time. Not I'm sorry, but "ok" with all the other options at Myrtle I suggest going else where.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere or ask to be placed in the new portion of the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

very good hotel had 2 bedrooms in 1 oceanfront was nice view of oceanfront verygood after a day the lazy river is a good place to relax good place to stay.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Nice place in the tall tower. Large and spacious accommodations. Clean. Shortage of towels had to request more and they brought 1 towel instead of a set. Courteous staff. Convenient walk to the beach, restaurants, putt putt and mini mart for essentials. Beds were horribly unconfortable. Felt like I was sleeping on boards.

chesapeake oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This place was very nice, affordable and well suited for our family of 9. I had read other reviews about being nasty, and maid service was not good. I didn't go for maid service. I wanted a place for our family to enjoy the beach. I thought it was clean, the rooms were good size and having a dishwasher and w/d was a definate plus. The only drawback was I wish our kitchen was more furnished with cooking pans as we did a lot of cooking to save money. The maids would knock and come on in even if you didn't answer but once we put the Do Not Disturb sign on the outer door, this was never a problem. I realize they work for tips but we just didn't want people in and out of our room. We would go to the lobby and ask for extra towels or toilet paper and never was given a problem. Everyone was very nice. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We didn't utilize the restaurant or room service but I couldn't put n/a as a rating
Hopkins, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were in town for a national track meet. We wanted a place where we could relax when returning in the evening. BWPC was excellent! The second we returned home, my son said, "mom, I miss the hotel already!" We ended up with a great mini-vacation! My only suggestion is to consider 4 breakfast passes instead of 2.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Carolinian Beach Resort? Share your experiences!