“STAYED HERE FOR 8 YEARS GREAT VACATIONS, STARTING TO BE A LITTLE DATED!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Carolina Winds

Offers & Announcements
Summer From $79/Night
Ranked #39 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
burlington
“STAYED HERE FOR 8 YEARS GREAT VACATIONS, STARTING TO BE A LITTLE DATED!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed at unit 103. Sept 30th to Oct 10th. Great holiday again, but some little things starting to show time for an update. The wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling, screen door at master bedroom broken, asked to get fixed, never did. Screen door handle broken since last year out to patio. Dryer still extremely loud need of replacing, didn't break down this year. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for weekend. Staff was courteous, friendly, knowledgeable. Our room was a little dated but spacious and very clean. Perfect view with large balcony to enjoy it. Very large pool with plenty of chairs. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We've been coming to Myrtle Beach for over 20 years and stayed at different resorts in this vicinity. This is our first year at Carolina Winds and we had the most exceptional vacation since we've been visiting Myrtle Beach. Our room (#611) was cozy, clean and well decorated. Carolina Winds was in our favorite area, within walking distance to many of our favorite restaurants and the Lion King grocery store. The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful, and the one time we needed maintenance for a light bulb, they responded before we were even unpacked, and then returned to make sure everything was OK. Even though the building is dated and not one of the newest resorts in the area, it was very clean and well maintained for the value it was one of the better places that we stayed in. We would recommend this to our friends or anyone visiting the area and will be looking to staying there again on future visits.

Room Tip: Room 611 was a very quiet end unit and had a great view of the ocean.
Weirton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have been staying at Carolina Winds since 1986. Have always been satisfied, and if we weren't satisfied with our accomodations, we were given a different unit. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Right on the beach. Pool and area very nice. Lazy River available. Close to the restaurants and shopping facilities. I have been recommending Carolina Winds to friends and families ever since I first stayed there. Love it.

Room Tip: Haven't stayed in the 3 bedroom units, But the 2 bedroom and executive suites are very well main...
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at Carolina Winds 9/16/12 - 9/20/12 This was one of the best vacations I have had. We were on the 12th floor in a angled ocean front condo. The view was magnificent ! ! The condo was clean and nicely furnished with everything we needed. The amenities were great with 2 pools, hottubs, game room and exericse room. You could not ask for more for your stay. The staff was outstanding ! ! can't praise them enough. I will definately stay here again.

Hope Mills, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have never stayed at Myrtle Beach and spent weeks researching all the different condos, hotels, apartments, etc that are available. I wanted a place that was nice... really nice! That would fit my budget. I searched and searched and finally found Carolina Winds. I needed a fairly large condo to fit everyone as I needed an extra bedroom for a boyfriend of a 16 year old. Also, I snore and no one wanted to sleep in a room with me :(. So many of the places I looked at had reviewers complaining of bad odors, bugs, dirty conditions, etc. I was really scared because this was going to cost me a lot of money (to me) and was a celebration/vacation for my granddaughter's 16th birthday, and my daughter's graduation. I looked at the reviews for Carolina Winds and about the worst thing people said was that it was dated. So I made my reservation for a 3 br/2bth, ocean front deluxe condo. I paid for the rental on Thursday and on
Friday afternoon we took off for the beach! As we got to the outskirts of Myrtle Beach, great black clouds rolled in and it started pouring. It rained all the way in and was still pouring when we got to the resort. We checked in and got a quick intro to the property along with a list of places we could get a discount on meals, shopping etc. We drove around to the back door and unloaded. I parked (only complaint) and met the family at the front door of our condo. We opened the door and as we stepped into the foyer, I swear, we heard angels sing! The sun came shining through the balcony doors in the living room and the master bed room. We all just stood there with our jaws on the floor gawking like a bunch of hayseeds. Then the kids all squeeled and ran for the different bedrooms. Being the bill payer, I selected the master bedroom. Ocean front, balcony, full bath, walk-in closet, flat screen TV (as if I was going to watch it). The balcony went all the way across the ocean front of the master br, the living room, around the corner. There was also a side view balcony off one of the other two bedrooms. The condo was equipped with a washer/dryer, full kitchen with EVERYTHING you could possible need to cook just about anything, dishwasher, full size fridge. Dining table to fit six comfortably. Very comfortable living area. Flat screens in the living room and the other two bedrooms. The place was absolutely spotless, The guest book said that the owners had just remodeled in April/2012 and it really was well done. Since we only stayed for the weekend, we didn't request housekeeping while we were there, but I understand that they have daily housekeeping. I looked at the pools at the places I could see nearby and the pool here was crystal clear, even the kiddie pool, and the hot spa. It's a nice size pool and there is a small indoor pool, spa and weight room. There is a small video arcade and it looked like there was a little diner area, buy we didn't use it. The condo we stayed in was on the 5th floor, but even lower would have been quiet. I will definitely try to save my money and stay in the same condo for a whole week next time. The only complaint I had was the parking. I had to park across the street both nights and I would have preferred something closer.

Room Tip: If you need a lot of space, #503 is absolutely wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The people is amazing and so is the beautiful views of the ocean. Be sure to request an ocean view room if they have any. It is owrth the extra penny. This is one of my favorite place for Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Carolina Winds? Share your experiences!