“Last Minute Myrtle Beach Getaway” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$60 Food Credit!
Ranked #106 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Last Minute Myrtle Beach Getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We booked here at the last minute for a 5 day getaway. We knew walking in that it wasn't going to be a 5 star luxury resort. The majority of the resort desperately needs to be refurbished. Our room was very outdated and worn, but generally seemed clean. We did however make a rather disturbing discovery a few days into our stay. While sitting on our bed my wife complained of a strange odor, I decided to look behind our bed and discovered that a previous guest had left a soiled pair of underwear back there. I brought it to the attention of the front desk and was rather surprised at their reaction. The front desk simply said that they would have housekeeping come back up, they almost didn't seemed shocked. I wasn't looking for a different room or anything, but I actually expected a little more concern from the front desk.
Outside of that incident, we really didn't have any problems. The rest of the staff that we encountered during our stay all seemed very friendly. The bowling alley was fun for our kids. The breakfast buffet on the 9th floor was just OK, but not too bad for the price. The beachfront location was fantastic and the view of the ocean from our room was great.
I do believe that if/when we return to Myrtle Beach, we will choose a different resort.

Room Tip: Oceanview and Oceanfront room have amazing views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Came here to TripAdvisor first since this was our first visit to MB, I read the horrible reviews and still gave it a chance. We were last minute with not many choices and they were the most reasonable. DONT EVER EVER stay here! It is everything the other horrible reviews state and much worse. When we first arrived there was a couple at the front desk very upset because they had roaches in their room. First sign. Our room was dank and dirty, so old and the bathroom looked like something out of a 40's hotels. Horrible horrible. The only thing decent is the pools are clean and the bowling alley is great but not with the money or stay. We checked out after the first night and found something else! Do not under any circumstances go!

Stayed August 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was the worst place I have ever stayed! The corridors have an overwhelming stench of garbage, the parking deck and stairwells are poorly lit and also filthy. Our room had water stains on the ceiling, the bedroom smelled of urine, multiple stains in the carpet, the bathroom had stains in the tub, the vanity was chipped as was the mirror. We did have an "Ocean view " from the 15th floor, however stepping out onto the balcony was at your own risk because the ceiling of it was falling in several places. PLEASE owners of this "resort" TEAR IT DOWN and start over there is NO repairing this mess.

If I could give it ZERO stars I would!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a disappointment. The room is a dilapidated version of the online picture. They really should update their pictures. We walked into our ocean front room and my first impression was we had stepped back in time to 1960. Blue walls and army green curtains. The carpet was filthy and the furniture also filthy and stained. The ceilings were water stained and paint peeling from it. No blankets for the beds just a sheet and their comforter. The stove was broken. The in room safe was broken. after bugging them twice to come up and fix it, they finally replaced it and it's a good thing because the maid left our room door propped open all day. I had to go to the desk to get toilet paper, the maid never showed up in the last day we were there. The people below us were smoking marijuana. The ceiling on the indoor pool was dripping water. I have to say that the staff here were very nice. Mike, the manager did try to make things better with a free breakfast only good the next morning which we couldn't use because we slept in from our long drive. Definitely not worth the money

• Stayed July 2014
Dixon, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Check in 7/22/14. Very unfriendly person at our check in. When we approached the elevator it smelled like garbage all around. No air conditioning on the ONE elevator that was in working condition. Upon checking our rooms I was mortified for paying $1,528.80 for five days to find the room a dump. Sink in the bathroom didn't drain, cracked countertops in the kitchen, holes in the davenport, stinky rooms. We took the grandchildren to the pool and this too was nasty. Cracked cement all around the pool. Needless to say we checked in at 3:30 and out at 8:30. I would have slept in my car instead of this stinky smelly room. We were transferred to The Palace for a very enjoyable stay. I never did get to talk to the Manager he/she would never come out of the back room to listen to my complaints. Beware!! Look for a better place than this to stay.

Room Tip: Move to another Motel
Durham, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

To sum it up- dirty, cheesy, crowded, and noisy. Had an oceanfront room that had a weird smell. Bath towels had other peoples hairs on them. Kid pool below us was so loud we couldn't hear each other talk inside our room. Staff not helpful and I was woken up by house keeping daily bc they were all laughing and cutting up outside my room. This place is just terrible. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
Randallstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had an awesome time at Captain's Quarters. I stayed for a week in an oceanfront suite that slept 6. It was nice and clean. There was a full kitchen and you could close the door between rooms for privacy. The room was nice and clean and the hotel was well kept. We enjoyed swimming in the multiple pools both indoors and out doors. We received a free game of bowling each day which was fun and the kids also enjoyed the arcade games. I will definitely stay hear again for my next Myrtle Beach vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family