We booked here at the last minute for a 5 day getaway. We knew walking in that it wasn't going to be a 5 star luxury resort. The majority of the resort desperately needs to be refurbished. Our room was very outdated and worn, but generally seemed clean. We did however make a rather disturbing discovery a few days into our stay. While sitting on our bed my wife complained of a strange odor, I decided to look behind our bed and discovered that a previous guest had left a soiled pair of underwear back there. I brought it to the attention of the front desk and was rather surprised at their reaction. The front desk simply said that they would have housekeeping come back up, they almost didn't seemed shocked. I wasn't looking for a different room or anything, but I actually expected a little more concern from the front desk.
Outside of that incident, we really didn't have any problems. The rest of the staff that we encountered during our stay all seemed very friendly. The bowling alley was fun for our kids. The breakfast buffet on the 9th floor was just OK, but not too bad for the price. The beachfront location was fantastic and the view of the ocean from our room was great.
I do believe that if/when we return to Myrtle Beach, we will choose a different resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Captains Quarters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Quarters Family Hotel
- Hotel Captains Quarters Family
- Captains Quarters Myrtle Beach
- Captains Quarters Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Captains Quarters Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Captains Quarters Motel Myrtle Beach