“As always - wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breakers Resort North Tower

You added Breakers Resort North Tower to your Saves list
Breakers Resort North Tower
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 N Ocean Blvd, Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Save 30% Off Spring
Ranked #43 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Caryville, Tennessee
“As always - wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

We just spent two weeks this October as we have for the last 6 years. We love the hotel. You have the ability to use the pool facilities at all of the Breaker properties if you want a lazy river etc. This year a lock box was placed in the rooms in which to keep your valubles. A wonderful addition. We have a very large SUV and had no problem getting into the parking garage. Even noticed that there were pickup trucks on the upper levels of the garage and they did not have any scrapes or dents on them so they managed the garage just fine. The staff at the desk was always friendly - morning noon and night. To the person who was upset that the cleaning staff ignored his do not disturb sign: We have found that if you let the cleaning staff in once a week to ensure you are not trashing the place they will not bother you after that. They are just protecting the premises. We have never encounter any creepy crawlies or unpleasant oders. We love the Breakers North Tower and would not stay any place else!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BreakersGuestServ, Manager at Breakers Resort North Tower, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
So nice to hear that you spend 2 weeks each Fall with us! We have a lot of guests that love the Fall and Spring seasons in Myrtle Beach. Beach is beautiful, not as crowded, and the weather is still usually very nice. Thank you so much for your comments and travel suggestions to other guests who may choose the Breakers for their vacations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My wife and I and another couple spend a week or more in Myrtle Beach each year golfing. The North Tower is a fantastic facility for the wives who do not golf. the staff is very friendly. The rooms have recently been updated and were very clean and good condition. The ouside facility is great for sitting around the pool or beach. The golf desk does a good job of setting up my buddy and my golf tee times.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your Breakers travel experience. We really appreciate your comments and are very happy that we could assist you with choosing some of the best golf you can find anywhere! If you get a chance be sure to play Kings North at Myrtle Beach National - beautiful course!
SW Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

This resort is an older resort that is maintained pretty decently. The gentleman who checked us in was great, and so was all of our interactions with the staff minus one whom I will mention later. The room we had was very spacious, but the furnishings were alittle old, but still in good shape. The outdoor hot tube was wonderful, and the pool is a good size. The wireless internet averaged 1Mbps. My family and I enjoyed our two night stay here, but there are a couple of things that really bring this resort down. The first thing, and biggest thing that really brings this hotel down is the parking garage. If you own a truck or a van, this may not be a good option for you. The parking garage is across the street, and you barely have room to get up the ramps to the next level. There is paint and rubber on the walls of where people did not make it up the ramp without hitting the wall. Upon check out, I was asked how my stay was, and I said it was pretty good minus the parking garage, the older lady didn't seem to care, and proceeded to tell us there was parking behind the garage for larger vehicles, of which we already knew, but when they are all full, you have no choice but to try and find a parking space in the garage. The other thing that brought this resort down is the breakfast, the juice machine had 4 selections of which they were all out minus grape juice. For the size of this hotel, they probably had 12 tables in the room, and no room to eat even if you decided to eat there. The selection was lacking greatly. I will not be coming back to this resort, because it isn't worth damaging my van in this garage.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Estherville, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our three children in September. The rooms could use a little updating but were very clean and comfortable with a great view off the balcony. We liked that the location was a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the mainstream but yet in short driving distance of many attractions. The staff here were all incredibly friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool and hot tub were decent and we were allowed to use the pool and lazy river in the main building which were just a walk sown the beach. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Newburgh, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Upon arrival which was Saturday 09/11/2010 while registering for my room I experienced a frustrating conversation with Brian who happened to be the desk clerk that waited on me. Then I proceeded to the room only to find spiders, pidgeon and bird droppings on the balcony, bugs on the counter tops, rust on the kitchen appliances, and a floor that appeared to need some serious vacuming. And this was suppose to be the NEW BUILDING? Better yet they called it PARADISE TOWERS? I've been in trailers that appeared in better condition! Oh, forgot to mention the ice machine on the 7th floor didn't work and when mention to a maid, she told me try the 16th floor! THANKS breakers! You've definitly lost me as a customer and I will gladly spread the word, again thanks!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Just got back from a wonderful 1 week stay with my husband at the Breakers North Tower. I was worried after reading some bad reviews prior to our stay, but the price was right for our budget, so we still booked. When we opened the door to our 1 bedroom Royal King Suite- all I can say is WOW. The oceanfront views were phenomenal. All the rooms in our suite were spotless and smelled fresh.
My only complaints about our room are few- 1) we didn't have an ice bucket. fortunately though, we did have a fridge with an automatic ice maker, but it was turned off on check-in, so we had to wait about 24 hours to get a full bucket of ice going. 2) we didn't have any disposable cups in the bathroom. That's it really and these weren't things that made the trip any less enjoyable, just would have made it more convenient. I'm sure that we could have gotten these items from the front desk had we asked.
The pool area was fine, used it mostly at night after coming in from dinner. Water was FREEZING, which didn't make much sense considering how hot it was during the day. Hot tub was too hot a couple of nights, but is HUGE and fantastic when the temperature is right.
I would definitely recommend this hotel- especially one of the larger suites.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Savannah, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

This was the second time my friend and I stayed at the Breakers North Tower. This year we were there Sun-Thurs in August and for the most part, everything was acceptable this trip. Just some things that we wish they could change - AC in the elevators would be great! There is a cont breakfast - the first day we got ready, went downstairs to eat and then on to the beach. We felt really cramped in the breakfast area so the rest of the time we went downstairs picked out what we wanted and then went back upstairs to eat. Our room had a kitchenette with mini fridge, sink, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and cups, plates, bowls, etc. With the kitchenette, it made the room very small - big enough for two people, but it could get a little cramped with more than 2. The pool is an okay size, just wish the deck around it was larger to accommodate more lounge chairs. If there was a large family at the pool, then there were no chairs available. There is also a kiddie pool and a hottub. There is a great grassy area between the pool and the beach that has more chairs so it all works out. The pool and lawn areas were always clean. We ate at the pool bar one day - the burgers were good, but don't waste your money on the cocktails - $7.50 each and they weren't all that great (and kinda weak). They have free WiFi, but it was really weak so I used my MiFi. Be sure you put the do not disturb sign out before you go to bed - housekeeping will knock on your door early. All in all, we would definately go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Breakers Resort North Tower? Share your experiences!