“Super Clean and Super Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breakers Resort North Tower

You added Breakers Resort North Tower to your Saves list
Breakers Resort North Tower
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 N Ocean Blvd, Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Save 30% Off Spring
Ranked #43 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pembroke, Georgia
“Super Clean and Super Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our First Visit to Myrtle Beach. It was funny had 2 days good weather and then it turned cold. Over all the condo we stayed in was cozy. Very clean and nice. The colors of the room were very bright and homey-like. We stayed in one of the oceanfront rooms, with a kitchen, washer and dryer, 2 flat screen TV, 2 queen beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would visit again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place to stay. Very relaxing and quiet. A wonderful beach getaway. The staff are very efficient and friendly. I have stayed here several times and will stay here every time I visit Myrtle Beach. Close to everything but far enough away to feel secluded.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First time in Myrtle Beach we arrived in the POURING RAIN had no clue where to stay stopped at the Breakers in South Myrtle Beach the man Sean was lovely helping us get settled he sent us to the NORTH TOWER a little dated but so am I. Very nice quiet and secluded loved that area would definitely go back in the OFF season again since I hear this area can get a bit wild in the summer, my idea of a vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ocean City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The whole staff was extremely friendly, but the bellman named Jordan went above and beyond. My family and I stayed in the building without an elevator, so Jordan courteously carried all of our luggage (6 suitcases worth) all the way up to our room. When we offered to help with our bags, he insisted on letting him take care of it all. Such a kind and mannerly kid.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am still here on my beach escape even as I write this review
I just couldn't wait till I get back home as I feel so 'at home' already.....
Probably be sad to leave on check out morning!
I have done a rather exhaustive search on a good beach stay at Myrtle Beach.
and finally took a chance on Breakers (based on good reviews on TA)
I chose the Boutique North Tower which is on 27th ave. The main towers are located at 21st ave where all the resort facilities are. However it is only a short 10-15min walk down 6 blocks- either on the road or along lovely Myrtle beach.
I like the idea very much of a very quiet stay away from the hustle-bustle of family activities at the Main Towers, yet near enough to enjoy them ...as the blocks on this street are very short indeed!
It is so delightful to be able to take oceanfront walks anytime....in the cool, ocean breeze.
For those with children ...the main building on 21st ave is the way to go.
As for me...a retiree...Boutique is definitely the place for me: very relaxing, low key & serene!!
The staff are all very friendly, helpful and polite.
The room comes with continental breakfast- for a small fee of $8 you can experience the full hot breakfast buffet spread at Papas...which I will do on the last morning!
I had a few enquiries before arrival and during my stay and they answered them all efficiently.
Spring is my favorite and I wanted to experience beach at this cooler season.
(Where I came from...we hadn't been out of winters --quite! Still in the 40s!! Brr...)
It is still a bit chilly at the beach....great for taking long walks but too cold to dip into the waters!
The heated pool at this tower block is sufficient for a short swim. There is a hot tub next to it plus indoor sauna for a hot recovery from the brisk spring air!
Yesterday was a warm sunny day and I took advantage a very long slow beach walk...all the way to Boardwalk and back. (About 1.2miles each way). In the afternoon I had a very relaxing warm swim in the heated pool located on the grounds, fronting the Atlantic Ocean.
The suite I am staying in is really lovely: it is oceanfront suite with it a big balcony, shared by the bedroom and living room...it is entirely facing the ocean. Now when it says oceanfront...it means oceanfront. Every night I love sleeping to the sound of the lapping of the ocean waves! (With the glass door open)
This is what I have been searching for...a killer view of the ocean from bedroom and living room!!
For the first two days that's all I wanted to do...pulled up the comfy sofa chair, put my legs up...and just simply gazed out into the ocean...far out to the horizon.....not wanting to go anywhere honestly.
Of course I pulled myself away had to go look for food, take a beach wLk, swim etc.
I bought food back from the many good good eats around this area (mainly on 21st) and quickly returned...to enjoy the oceanfront balcony dining. That's why low-key best described this place!
The oceanfront suite such a wonderful place to relax...I have morning coffees (it comes with a full kitchen), afternoon teas and dinner with a glass of wine every evening.
And O Spring rates come with free DVD rental...so I get to watch newly released movies every night...with the gentle breeze blowing in from the ocean. Paradise living!

There are small shops conveniently located around this area for necessary items to make my stay homely. I usually packed my own favorite tea (English Breakfast), authentic Japanese green tea whenever a kitchen is included in my hotel stay.
For cooler days, I would take a nice stroll over to Paradise Tower (21st ave) for its heated indoor pool.
All in all ...I would definitely come back here. Hopefully I could convince my grown up children to come along and enjoy this beautiful Resort place in a very beautiful beach!
I have travelled a lot all over the world and have taken many vacations usually on the tropical beaches.
I believe finally found my favorite beach here in the United States!
Thank you Breakers Boutique Tower Resort! :D

Room Tip: It is define lay worth spending a bit more to choose oceanfront suite With the Spring spectacular i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I booked there after reading some of the review which seem like a great place to stay.(WRONG) I stayed on 27th Street the big yellow building. Need of updating~kitchens and bathroom worn condition~. Would not stay at this property again. Old Iron beds that you hit your leg on everytime you get in and out of bed. The nicest thing about this property is the employees~very kind and helpful, yes the housekeeper did a good job keeping the room clean~breakfast staff was excellent and also Marla from the front desk. This is not a place I enjoyed returning to after a fun day around Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this location best tip I can give you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is in a good location but hotels near it offer more bang for the buck! The hotel is in need of major renovations. It was clean but you could not over look layers of paint, poor color decor, beat up wood work, and old kitchen. Our family also had to contend with load patrons. We did not use the pool as it was too cold and drove down to the other part of the resort for the indoor pool. The breakfast was lacking and we only ate there one day. I will not stay there again! The other Breakers may offer better rooms and service. Don't stay in the North Tower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Breakers Resort North Tower? Share your experiences!