“Great place for kids!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Breakers Resort North Tower

Save Saved
You added Breakers Resort North Tower to your Saves list
Breakers Resort North Tower
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 N Ocean Blvd, Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off your stay
Ranked #37 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greenville
“Great place for kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on a long labor day weekend. We always enjoy our stay here. The kids love all the pools and the pirate ship! The DJ during the day is a good little extra! We go to Myrtle Beach each year for just a fun trip for my 9 year old son and his best friend, and it's always the best family fun!

460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent place to stay in myrtle beach , very convienent to Broadway and lots of nice restraunts ... SoHo was great too ... The red parrots bar was great and could bill the room . Starbucks across the street was a hit also

Eden, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Breakers very much!! It is a very clean hotel, the staff is above and beyond friendly. There is everything you need within walking distance. You couldn't ask for anything any better. We love it there!!

Room Tip: We've stayed there several there several times and gotten different rooms. I can't say that...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Morris Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

For $59 you get a partial ocean view right on the beach, where can you find this deal? The room is nice with 2 queen beds and a balcony where you can sit and watch the beach but it lacked a mini fridge and a tub though.

raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

wow! had an excellent time. amenities are the best again. I stayed there a while ago in breakers paradise tower and now again. Just stayed during the labor day weekend and got back home yesterday. Kids enjoyed a lot. We stayed on 9th floor. great views. didn't want to stay too high (my wife gets dizzy) and not too low (no good view). So stayed on 9th floor. Rooms were very clean, location was great, great, great. My kids were almost crying to get back home and i had to promise them another vacation soon at the same place. Outdoor and indoor lazy river was great and music playing outside was nice. Ice cream and ballons were great for kids. Lawn chairs were awesome. Very clean and good location.

defenitely go back agina and again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Breakers for three nights. I think our stay was well well worth it. We had the spa suite. The rooms were very nice they have everything we needed in it. They cleaned our room everyday. Thus hotel is walking distance from everything. The only thing was i couldn't find a snack machine. I was mad about that. I will be staying here on my next vacation. Hopefully soon!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked a stay at this "resort" from their website, but was also on the phone asking a lot of questions. I saw that there were inside pools, a lazy river, multiple hot tubs and restaurants onsite. At no time did anyone tell me that the North Tower "Boutique" Breakers was six blocks away from the South Tower or other properties. We arrived last week and after the initial walk around could not find the amenities promised. The smiling front desk person assured me that all of these things were here...just six blocks away. Not six buildings, but six city blocks down the street....I don't consider this on site. JOHN (I know this is his name because he pulled his name badge away from his shirt, trying to put it in my face, and yelled it at me) and I argued a bit over the meaning of " on site", and finally once it was settled that 6 blocks away IS on site, I asked if there was shuttle? His answer was no, but most people just drove and parked at the "on site" location. BTW we did that once and parking is very tight. We had 2 cars and only one available parking space, so I wouldn't count on parking there.
We were not the only one surprised by this, as it rained a lot last week, we sat in the lobby waiting for the rain to slow down to get to our car on multiple days, and every time we were there I heard the same interaction with each new guest about how every thing is six blocks down, and either a lot of anger or disappointment.

Room
Our rooms were okay. We had a 3 bedroom suite, that included washer/dryer and a kitchen with granite counter tops. Overall very dated , especially the bathrooms. All had plastic tub- arounds, with poor caulking jobs, some peeling wallpaper, and limited space as the vanity under the sink was sealed shut with screws. There were blow dryers in all the bathrooms , and an ample supply of towels. JOYCE was our housecleaning staff, and she was above excellent, leaving our room very nice, full of towels and extra blankets. She actually was one of the best things at the "resort"
There was a DVD player in the room (even though I called before about this and was told that there were no DVD players in the rooms).
The beds were very uncomfortable, and pillows were like rocks. Our son slept on the pullout sleeper sofa and you could feel the springs coming through the top and the underside of the mattress was disgusting. This all needs to be updated. We were told by the maintenance staff that they were updating the upper floors and slowly working their way down, we were on the 3rd floor. A casual elevator survey would seem to make this untrue, because everyone I asked coming from the top floors said their rooms had not been updated, and were very dated and musty smelling. Our room was musty smelling as well.
Pools
Two small pools, usually very crowded with lots of kids and families. there is a nice sized hot tub, but was usually packed with kids. There was a pool bar that had snacks as well, but it closed at 5pm. Small beach towels were provided in an unlimited supply. One day we could smell someone smoking marijuana around the pool, but couldn't tell where it was coming from as there was a lot of people smoking.

To sum it up an adequate MOTEL. Not a resort. I believe that advertising lazy rivers, indoor pools, etc... as part of this complex is a bait and switch. If I had been the only one to have misunderstood this it would have been a different matter, but multiple people were given that same line of "yes we have it...six blocks down " the week I stayed here. The rooms are clean, but dated and smell musty. The mattress' and pillows need to be updated. We had fun because our whole family got together, but everyone in the party was disappointed over the room arrangements. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are supposedly updated. All rooms have blow dryers. Bring your own pill...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Breakers Resort North Tower? Share your experiences!