“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breakers Resort North Tower

Save Saved
You added Breakers Resort North Tower to your Saves list
Breakers Resort North Tower
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 N Ocean Blvd, Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
30% off your stay
Ranked #45 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
raleigh
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

wow! had an excellent time. amenities are the best again. I stayed there a while ago in breakers paradise tower and now again. Just stayed during the labor day weekend and got back home yesterday. Kids enjoyed a lot. We stayed on 9th floor. great views. didn't want to stay too high (my wife gets dizzy) and not too low (no good view). So stayed on 9th floor. Rooms were very clean, location was great, great, great. My kids were almost crying to get back home and i had to promise them another vacation soon at the same place. Outdoor and indoor lazy river was great and music playing outside was nice. Ice cream and ballons were great for kids. Lawn chairs were awesome. Very clean and good location.

defenitely go back agina and again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Breakers for three nights. I think our stay was well well worth it. We had the spa suite. The rooms were very nice they have everything we needed in it. They cleaned our room everyday. Thus hotel is walking distance from everything. The only thing was i couldn't find a snack machine. I was mad about that. I will be staying here on my next vacation. Hopefully soon!!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked a stay at this "resort" from their website, but was also on the phone asking a lot of questions. I saw that there were inside pools, a lazy river, multiple hot tubs and restaurants onsite. At no time did anyone tell me that the North Tower "Boutique" Breakers was six blocks away from the South Tower or other properties. We arrived last week and after the initial walk around could not find the amenities promised. The smiling front desk person assured me that all of these things were here...just six blocks away. Not six buildings, but six city blocks down the street....I don't consider this on site. JOHN (I know this is his name because he pulled his name badge away from his shirt, trying to put it in my face, and yelled it at me) and I argued a bit over the meaning of " on site", and finally once it was settled that 6 blocks away IS on site, I asked if there was shuttle? His answer was no, but most people just drove and parked at the "on site" location. BTW we did that once and parking is very tight. We had 2 cars and only one available parking space, so I wouldn't count on parking there.
We were not the only one surprised by this, as it rained a lot last week, we sat in the lobby waiting for the rain to slow down to get to our car on multiple days, and every time we were there I heard the same interaction with each new guest about how every thing is six blocks down, and either a lot of anger or disappointment.

Room
Our rooms were okay. We had a 3 bedroom suite, that included washer/dryer and a kitchen with granite counter tops. Overall very dated , especially the bathrooms. All had plastic tub- arounds, with poor caulking jobs, some peeling wallpaper, and limited space as the vanity under the sink was sealed shut with screws. There were blow dryers in all the bathrooms , and an ample supply of towels. JOYCE was our housecleaning staff, and she was above excellent, leaving our room very nice, full of towels and extra blankets. She actually was one of the best things at the "resort"
There was a DVD player in the room (even though I called before about this and was told that there were no DVD players in the rooms).
The beds were very uncomfortable, and pillows were like rocks. Our son slept on the pullout sleeper sofa and you could feel the springs coming through the top and the underside of the mattress was disgusting. This all needs to be updated. We were told by the maintenance staff that they were updating the upper floors and slowly working their way down, we were on the 3rd floor. A casual elevator survey would seem to make this untrue, because everyone I asked coming from the top floors said their rooms had not been updated, and were very dated and musty smelling. Our room was musty smelling as well.
Pools
Two small pools, usually very crowded with lots of kids and families. there is a nice sized hot tub, but was usually packed with kids. There was a pool bar that had snacks as well, but it closed at 5pm. Small beach towels were provided in an unlimited supply. One day we could smell someone smoking marijuana around the pool, but couldn't tell where it was coming from as there was a lot of people smoking.

To sum it up an adequate MOTEL. Not a resort. I believe that advertising lazy rivers, indoor pools, etc... as part of this complex is a bait and switch. If I had been the only one to have misunderstood this it would have been a different matter, but multiple people were given that same line of "yes we have it...six blocks down " the week I stayed here. The rooms are clean, but dated and smell musty. The mattress' and pillows need to be updated. We had fun because our whole family got together, but everyone in the party was disappointed over the room arrangements. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are supposedly updated. All rooms have blow dryers. Bring your own pill...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Let me seperate the myths in these reveiws from the truths. It seems like there's a LOT of polarized opinions here. I've stayed here now for 3 days, 2 nights. We've taken part in the amenities and service. So, I'll provide the best reveiw I can for an unbiased point of view.

Myths:
- This IS a seperate tower located about 1/4 mile away from the Breaker's Resort Hotel, but you DO get full access to the resort including spa, both pool areas, bar, and parking garage with your admission here.
- This building consists of two types of rentals. There are hotel rooms and there are condos. A condo is someone's property, and is therefore the hotel has no say so in how they decorate and what ammenities are in it. They just clean up and repair. Most of the bad reveiws I've read are referring to the codos they've rented for a few nights, not the rooms. So be careful what reveiws you entertain.
- Service was friendly and helpfull (except for when I called for a wakeup call). The front desk, cleaning staff, and breakfast area staff all were right on par with what I was looking for. So, short of one semi-rude phone call, ignore the complaints against the service.

Truths:
- The furniture and decoration in the hotel rooms ARE very early 80s ish and in some cases a bit worn. Let's be honest though, you're looking for ocean front property hopefully with an ocean front view. This place was a great stay for the price if that's all you're intrested in. If you're looking for the most comfortable stay with the best ammenities, move on to a place away from Ocean Blvd, because all the hotels that are ocean side look to be 50s - 80s ish.
- The hotel rooms have a layout like a small condo complete with a seperate kithen (not a kitchenette), living room, bedroom, bathroom, and ample patio for ocean watching.
- Ocean front location and view aside, this was a good location for anyone wanting to enjoy the Myrtle Beach area without all the noise and fuss of what a local called "K-Mart by the Sea", the boardwalk. That area IS very noisy because people were out on the walk and the nearby beach way past 3 AM. This hotel is locaed just barely otuside of walking distance from that. So if you want a quieter night with your spouce, stay here. If you want to party it up, and walk / stagger back to the room, stay closer to the main Breakers Resort.

Complaint:
- I can't say this for all the rooms, but my room had a rediculously uncomfortable bed. The matteress lacked ANY support and was an old plastic and box spring style mattress. My back has been killing me since my first night here. My second night I slept on the couch because it was more comfortable and supportive. If you have back problems, you may want to look elsewhere. Otherwise, bring a foam topper or ask for extra blankets to make it a better nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe suite. The room was very clean and neat. I was very impressed with that. Ocean view was great. Did not like to see cigarette buts around the pool area. Overall stay was very good.

Pasadena, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great Place multiple pools and hot tubs staff fantastic room clean and comfortable for a familiy of 4, maintenance prompt. After 35 plus years of going to OC Md. every year I am hooked on Myrtle Beach. More affordable, yes the drive is long but worth it. A sefood buffet in OC is $35.00 in Myrtle Beach $26.00 and much better food. Will be back again next year

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

As we arrived for a last minute vacation to a unit at the breakers north tower and realized what a nightmare we walked into. We were told by Smith rental that you could use the facility at the breakers only to be told that wasn't true. We figured no problem it's still going to be a great stay only to realize the nightmare had just begun. We open the door and were in complete disgust, dust everywhere, holes in the walls , shower curtain missing, went to open the sleeper sofa only to realize it was broken and we couldn't even put it back. The sliding doors falling off hinges, the bed frames broken. It only got better as the adults were exhausted and all we wanted to do was sleep and just make a negative into a positive we wake up to my kids screaming that there were ants all over the walls. It only gets better as I'm trying to calm kids down and put them back to bed we discover eggs on the mattress and then come across Bed bugs, live bed bugs. The place is GROSS a well needed vacation turned into a nightmare. I then immediately contacted smith rentals and told them the place was invested with bed bugs and was leaving immediately. I went down to the main desk who was useless with placing us in any other hotel. So here I was 3 in morning looking for a place to stay ocean front property all booked. After driving 800 miles realizing we might be driving back home. We finally found two rooms at laQuinta our saving grace Highly recommend by the way. This trip was a nightmare and I must say I hav stayed at th breakers paradise towers prior and it was amazing but this privately owned condo disgusts me and should be considered a HEALTH HAZZARD. The breakers shouldn't allow theses privately owned condo owners to ruin their reputation BED BUGS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY , stay away from north tower as it will most likely pose a health hazard once the bed bugs produce in that unit.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Breakers Resort North Tower? Share your experiences!