“Great View” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bar Harbor Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bar Harbor Motor Inn
You added Bar Harbor Motor Inn to your Saves list
100 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29578   |
Ranked #121 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
south carolina
“Great View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Wow,
I really enjoyed my 1 night stay.
I just saw all the reviews.I didnt think it was bad at all. It was a beautiful view. The only roach I saw was on the private patio. It was a great view of the pier and beach.The pool was clean. There were too many kids for me. The only thing i will agree with is the elevators. They were scary

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Mooresville NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

We had a restless drive from Mooresville NC with 8 kids and 3 adults. Everyone was so tired and wanted to relax and when we got there, we were scared to close our eyes. We were disgusted! It was the worst hotel I have ever seen! The hallways smelt like pee. I held my breath everytime I walked outside. THe rooms were terrible. There was rat poop on the floor, we were cramped because the hotel sold our other room after they forgot to book 2 rooms, and the room smelt as if there were dead bodies stuffed between the walls. We went to Family Kingdom and ordered a maid to clean up a little, and when we got back the room was still a mess, the TV was on, a bottle of wine was opened and 50 dollars was missing! We suggest that if you are booked at The Bar Harbor to cancel your trip. Its not worth it. The worst part of the whole trip was the pull out couch. We had to have 4 kids sleep on it and during the night, it collapsed. My daughter Sephra sprained her arm. One of the bars on the balconey was missing, so none of the kids were allowed on it. Before we cooked breakfast that morning, I got the pans out and there was a dead roach on it. There was also a mold like substance on the sink and around the toilet seat. Someone also peed on the elevator and the stairwells so we couldn't get out of our room! This place needs to be shut down immediatley.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING ABOVE
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

This is one place i will definately never recommend to anyone. We were expecting at least a clean room, not even close. The flooring was dirty and looked as though it had been puked on and not cleaned, there were no blankets, just the sheet on the bed, and it did not even fit, they took two smaller sheets to cover entire area, and who knows how long the bed spread had been on. Mold and numerous cracks all over the walls and ceiling, the doors were not level or plum so cold air was rushing in all the time, we had a balcony, but there was no privacy, because the room next to us had their window looking out at our balcony. Just an over all filthy run down hotel. The outside was such a dissapointment, that we knew the room wasnt going to be much to brag about. dirty balconies, rust everywhere, improprly repaired walls, paint peeling off. Just never go there, save your money. i had wanted to go to the AVISTA hotel, but from the internet, my wife had thought bar harbor was just as good, the picture does not show the real hotel, and the description is way off. she now admits she was entirely wrong. we will be staying elsewhere from now on.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty, old, smelly, rundown
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

We came down to Myrtle Beach for a one week stay with family and also grandpa who is 89 years old. He had stayed at the Lands Inn in the past but it was being replaced. Next door was the Bar Harbor which was recommended. What an awful choice. This place was horrible. It is old and filthy. When we walked into the room I was shocked. The bedspreads were dirty as well as the kitchen and bathroom floors. The rugs were worn out and dirty. The walls and the furniture had dirt all over them. The drapes were filthy. I wanted to leave but we had already paid for our visit on our credit card. I did complain about the filth so they sent someone to replace the bedspreads and clean the floors. It really did not help much. There is no excuse for a place being dirty. The elevator smelled like a dead animal. We will never stay here again. I could not wait to leave. The management of Bar Harbor should be ashamed of themselves!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

We booked a penthouse room at the Bar Harbor, when we got there parking was a nightmare. After we finally got parked we went in and ask to see the room first. As we entered the elevator it smelled like a cat liter box. Once we got to the room is was terrible in major need of a good cleaning and the smell was awful. The beds where broken down with the head and foot board leaning towards each other. By the time we walked in and back out we were itching from the feel of the room being so nasty. The balcony was very small with a concrete wall in front of you, the only way to see the ocean was to stand up. There is no way that I could have stayed in that room. So we left, lost our deposit and found another place to stay.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the terrible room and parking
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

My family and I decided, at the last minute, to go to the beach before school starts. We booked our room at the Bar Harbor by viewing their website. When we checked it we were horrified. The carpet was very old and had a great deal of blackish stains. The sofa had burn holes on the cushions. The bathroom, living room, and bedroom had holes in the walls and ceilings. The TV had sticky stuff on the front. The stove had tinfoil on the drip pans. We stepped on the balcony and the view was amazing however we got soaked from the water that was flowing from the above balcony. I pulled back the comforter on the bed to find red spots on the inside. The sheet were cleaned so we decided to sleep. When my 60 lb child laid down the bed collapsed. A roach crawled across the living room floor with the lights on. Our experience, short lived, has left a lasting impression. We left because it was more than we could take.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The condition of the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

We went to the Bar Harbor because we had originally made a reservation for somewhere else but was disgusted by the room. So, we say that they did advertise an oceanfront room for 89.00 so we went there. We weren't expecting much, and we didn't get it. They upgraded us to an oceanfront suite for the same price. It wasn't "horrible" but I wouldn't walk around on the floor and I was constantly checking for bugs. I found spiders but nothing else which was a relief, but it defintely gave you a feeling that you coudl find one. We checked out one room and it was a total dump but the one they upgraded us too(they needed the business badly because next door is being remodeled and it was loud) was better but definitely nothing special. I didn' t mind too much, the view was great, the walk to the beach was conveniet... but the housekeeping was horrible, and the rugs were nasty. It definitely is falling down, the toliet just about fell over and the shower curtain had mold. But if you have to stay there bring Lysol and you should be fine. Again, it was "okay"... it is the middle of the summer and we did have an oceanfront room so the price was very reasonable.

• Liked — The oceanfront view
  • Disliked — The cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bar Harbor Motor Inn? Share your experiences!