“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bar Harbor Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bar Harbor Motor Inn
You added Bar Harbor Motor Inn to your Saves list
100 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29578   |
Ranked #121 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richlands, North Carolina, United States
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We tried it because the sign said $45, ocean front (April is still off season). Good deal for the money. It's not a resort, but has everything you need. Clean rooms with kitchenette, ocean front with a balcony, centrally located, indoor pool, outdoor pool next door, lazy river two doors down, friendly staff, off street parking. We watched the sun come up from the balcony while drinking coffee. Beach access is right out the door. Walking distance to the pier and boardwalk.

Room Tip: Ocean noise on the balcony seems to echo.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
rhowell62, Manager at Bar Harbor Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for the review. We try to be everything you need . I'm glad our staff made you smile. Come back and see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Like most of you guys on here, I was wary of staying here after reading the reviews however decided to make a reservation anyway. After waiting until the last minute to book, I called in on Friday (4/12/13) to book my room for that following day (4/13/13) and the whole process took a few minutes. When I arrived, I was greeted by two ladies, I don't recall either's name but they were both polite and welcoming. The lady with an accent informed me that there were people on my floor that had been noisy earlier during that day, and that although she had taken care of the situation, to call down if I was disturbed and she would personally handle it. Upon entering my room I was pleasantly surprised. The room is large and spacious and the view of the ocean was awesome (I actually got a cheaper rate for the King Suite w/ Balcony than advertised on the website). They were close to everything AND HAVE WIFI (which is something I worried about seeing as how no one else addressed this.) My only complaint is housekeeping. I left out of my room the next morning at 9:30-9:45 ish and the housekeeper was 2 rooms away. When I got back around noon my room was still the way I left it. Finally around 12:30, I heard a knock at my door. All-in-all this has been a great mini vacation, I was sad that I had to check out and go back to the real world, but I'll definitely be back next month for Memorial Weekend.

Room Tip: Higher floors of course have a better view, but you also get to ride in the glass elevator and look...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the review! We now have WIFI ! We are continuing to update rooms and getting better. Hope to see you in May.
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at Bar Harbor for the 1st and only time in 2012. When we booked the reservations, the Price was Great, Pictures on the website were great, everything was good...until we Got there. When we arrived immediatly upon arriving The Man and Woman at the front desk, john and Mona Lisa were RUDE!!!! We stood there for a couple of Minutes waiting to be ACKNOWLEGED while She finished watching TV until it went to commercial, and John sat there at the desk on the computer, not even acting like we were there. It is(or was) owned by Ray Boothe , who also owns the Bermuda Sands next door, The entire visit was not pleasant as every time we had a question they were very short, and hateful!! the "indoor" pool was one that is something stupid I have never seen before, it is supported on beams even with the 2nd floor, You actually park UNDER it, it is enclosed, when You open the doors to go inside, the chlorine smell will KILL you !Needless to say we went right back next door to Bermuda Sands next year and have stayed with them ever since. They never have to worry about Me staying there ever again.........................

Room Tip: In my opinion, stay far far away......
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Bar Harbor last year. We have remodeled many rooms and have changed most of our front desk and all of our housekeeping staff . What we were 1 year ago is nowhere near what we are now. Give us another try. You'll be pleased.
Bluff City, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just got back from Myrtle Beach yesterday and we stayed at the Bar Harbor. After initially booking my trip, I read the reviews on here and got very nervous about staying there, and was expecting the absolute worst. Let me just clarify a few things. When we arrived, I went into the office and was greeted by a very nice man. I was there before actual check-in time but wanted to go ahead and get paperwork out of the way and come back and get my keys later when it was time to check in. The man was extremely nice and professional... I came back later to pick up my room keys. It was a lady this time, and she was even nicer. We then went on up to check out our room. (Again, I was expecting a dump according the reviews I had read.) We walked in the room and immediately checked the bathrooms, beds, fridge, stove, microwaves, etc. Everything was very clean and in working order. The room was nice and clean. (Total opposite of the other reviews I read on here.) Every hotel employee I came in contact with was very friendly and professional. (especially the man whom was working on the elevator. He made it a point to greet us and to make us feel welcome.) Our overall experience at Bar Harbor was great! Now Don't get me wrong. Its not a five star hotel nor does it claim to be, and it could use some updating, but overall, It was just fine, besides, who goes to the beach to hang out in the hotel room the whole time anyways???? Its for sleeping, which the beds were clean and comfortable, and taking a shower, which the shower and bathroom was clean too. And also, the view from the balcony was Amazing!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Millerton, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights on our way to fl. Our room was clean and the staff was very nice.We would go there again if the need arises. We got a good weekend rate. We love myrtle beach and go every summer. We have seen some nasty places. The bar harbor could use some up dating but good for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are still working on updating rooms. New drapes and furniture coming 1st part of May. Come back and see us soon.
Newport, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I chose a trip to Myrtle Beach to see the sun rise over the ocean from an oceanfront room where even I could hear the sound of the surf. After looking around, I chose Bar Harbor. In this respect, my expectations were met in every way.
For the most part, it was a good stay but I would not have thought the same if I'd have paid summer rates for this particular room.
We chose a room with a jacuzzi, hoping to ease our old aching joints. The jacuzzi existed, but the motor didn't work.
The toilet leaked constantly and sometimes we had to take the top off the tank and make adjustments so that it didn't run wide open constantly. It never stopped leaking entirely.
We did not report the problem until we left because we really didn't want our time interrupted by workers in and out.
The room was much smaller than I expected, making it seem cramped, but it did have all the things it was supposed to have, such as a private balcony, a refrigerator, etc. It was reasonably clean considering the run down condition. Although the the curtains were pretty, they didn't match the bedspreads and overall it was somehow "disquieting."
They kept spraying some horrible smelling cleaner on the common areas that made my nose run. I don't know what they were trying to cover up but if they would have just cleaned instead of spraying, it probably would have been more effective.

The saving factor, and the reason I don't feel like this was an adventure lost, was the friendliness of the staff. I don't know if it is Myrtle Beach in general or we just happen to pick places where the nicest people work but one of the things I've always been impressed with is how friendly people are. Bar Harbor's staff was no exception to my overall good impression of the people of Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Although the 8th floor seems appealing, and the view really is spectacular, if you are "queasy...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
rhowell62, Manager at Bar Harbor Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I see your visit to our hotel was April of 2012. In the last 6 months we had updated our hotel with new beds and carpet. In the coming weeks we will be replacing all the curtains, bedspreads and installing flat screen tv's. We have a new head housekeeper and staff and have made many more changes to improve. Come give us a try again.
sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

this was the most awful motel at myrtle beach. The room was very cluttered and small not like it was on the website. The night maiantience man tried to fight and agrue with my fiancee for asking questions. The maids was ordering if we didnt hurry and leave by eleven theyd throw our things out do not stay here but the bermuda sands hotel next door is good.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bar Harbor Motor Inn? Share your experiences!