“Dirty rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bar Harbor Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #115 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Tennessee
“Dirty rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We first checked into a 4th floor room. The air conditioning/heater did not work. Then we noticed a beeping sound. It was the remains of a non-working smoke detector. We asked to move. They moved us next door. No tv remote. We later found debris and cigarette ashes behind the night stand. The chair was broken on the balcony and the balcony was very dirty.This facility needs to clean up its act or tear down!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lake City, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are large however the bathroom was very nasty. Looked as the floor wasn't cleaned at all. The smoke alarm was laying on the table whenever we arrived. I'm unsure of the wifi service only staying one night I didn't take my laptop with me

Ok I guess probably not somewhere I will stay again. During this time a year you can get a much better and cleaner room for the same price.

• Stayed November 2012
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Room was large, ocean view with balcony, kitchen, very clean.

Location is perfect, right in the center of action

We had 2 medium dogs that loved their stay too, especially watching the people & dogs on the beach.

We will be returning.

Room Tip: go for the ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Veksoe, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Pro: friendly service, splendid view from our 5th floor room, plenty of restaurants within walking distance and price.
Cons: in one word (or two actually) bed bugs! We have hundreds of bites all over, itching like beep

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ivel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband,Billy and our dog, Bouncer enjoyed our 5 days and nights at the Bar Harbor in Sept. The room was very clean and housekeeping was done as requested. The location of the hotel is near everything we like to visit. My husband is disabled and on arrival a nice young employee, named Jeremy helped us get our things including my husband's oxygen to our room. When we were leaving Jeremy wasn't working so my husband went to get a luggage carrier and actually had one yanked out of his hand by another customer. Overall I would recommend this hotel especially if you take your pet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent service from the time we arrived till we left.
Very clean rooms, well equipped, courteous staff and clean outside. Great beach.
Would definatley recommend and we are returning to the same hotel next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I along with our two small dogs reserved this " Den of Inequity " for one week in october. When we reserved this place earlier from Maryland, we were informed that the hotel was located on the new board walk in Myrtle beach. As we pulled in, I found the parking lot difficult drive up on. I'm glad it was just about empty as the area is small. We checked in and as we approached the room on the forth floor, a man was leaving our room. I asked the man if the room was ready and he yes. When we finished unloading our luggage, we took a closer look around to find mold in spots on the wall. The cement balcony looked chipped and worn from years of salt and sand. When entering the bedroom. we found a half dead roach between the beds on the floor. I guess the man who was in the room failed to step on the roach hard enough. I would have to judge this hotel as past its prime. The room was unfit for decent people. When we demanded our money back, the man who was in the room earlier complied with out a problem. Avoid this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Bar Harbor Motor Inn? Share your experiences!